My wife and I love this headboard. Where we are space saving is a must and all the shelves in this headboard give us more than what we need. Was concerned that it would not be wide enough for our queen sized bed based on measurements given but turns out it is just wider than the bed allowing for a great look. You won't be disappointed with this purchase. Assembly took 45min-1hr
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Sturdy, clean finish
Bought this for my son's apartment. He put it together in about 40 minutes with no trouble. It looks more expensive than it is. Only drawback is it doesn't have holes to attach to bed frame. Guess you could drill your own, but he didn't care. Said it was heavy and solid enough not to move around.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very nice, better than image
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great for price
This product came in 5 boxes with a zillion screws and bolts. I, at first, was ready to hire someone to put this thing together, but my daughter (age 35) said that she thought she could do it. The instructions were excellent. The headboard was put together in less than an hour. The bed took longer, but was completely asembled in one afternoon. Although made of MDF, it is ver sturdy & looks great. Storage drawers operate smoothly. My only critism is that it would be nice if O.co stated in the description that this bed only requires a mattress & a box spring is not necessary. Other than that, thsi was a great shopping experience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color true to photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Holding up to lots of use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
OMG.... I LOVE My new headboard.... I have a very small house with ONE closet (that's right ONE) so finding space is a HUGE issue for me. This Headboard is perfect for my bedroom, it's not very wide, which is great, the height is perfect. Lots of storage space for books and pictures. It was really easy to put together, and it look a lot less time than what the manual suggested. The color is great and matched my other pieces (which was a concern), all the pieces were the same color, instructions are clear and easy to follow. If you're in need of space, I highly recommend this product (be warned - the box that it comes in, is VERY HEAVY - do not attempt to lift alone) I opened the box on the first floor and carried the pieces up a couple at a time. Oh, and all my friends that have seen it, love it too, they were surprised when I told them I got it from O.co and the price is great - fit my budget. Thank you
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
The headboard is very pretty and practical for small areas, but putting it together is like constructing a jig saw puzzle. The instructions were easy but none of the boards are labeled. The material is very cheap and while assembling can be damaged with little effort.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes.
- How is the quality of the product? Poor. Pressed board that damages easily.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
We are a large family in a small house, so this headboard fits the bill perfectly. It's nicer than what you paid for it, but there are somethings you should know going in... It took a little over an hour to assemble, and some of that time was spent marking the boards (yes, that is right, nothing in the package is marked). Don't bother marking the boards, it is a waste of time actually. Every piece is unique enough (and there aren't many of them) so when you get to Step 3, you'll know which one is C7. As others have said, it is not packaged well. Many of our pieces had clear abrasions, and one piece had a decent bite taken out of it. Pro-tip: a brown dry erase marker on the exposed wound matches 95% percent - from a the door you cannot even tell the piece was gouged. It's kind of short, and will look very ridiculous if you have a pillow-top mattress and box spring (we do), so while you wait for shipping, cut down 2 2X4's to 12in, or maybe even 4 (stack 2 on a side) of them so you can raise it up. There were no misaligned holes, though a few pieces are held together by plastic dowels and they were both hard to get in, and ultimately hard to keep them tight. Not sure how well they will hold over the long haul. There is no extra hardware, but we did get a complete set. Keep organized. All in all, this is a nice piece for the price and utility. Most assemble-at-home furniture has evolved over the last several years, so this piece feels a little like a throw back where nothing is marked, and no spare cams are thrown in just in case. The directions are clear and it really goes together quickly. As for the look, it's very nice actually - just don't put your water glass on it - even says so in the manual - you'll mess the cheap finish up...
It is a good product for this cheap price, and it fit my bedroom perfectly. It's just difficult to move around if your floor is carpet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a little bit darker than the picture, but it is ok for me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The veneer separates and chips away from the very fragile low-density particle board too easily. The delivery was horrible. The product was thrown on my front steps and the edges of the steps left deep gouges in the sides of the shipping box. Luckily the damage was in places that are not visible after the product was assembled and put in place.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very fragile low-density particle board.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair.
Based on the reviews I ordered this for our guest bedroom, but I was very skeptical that it would work. I thought it would be flimsy as some reviewers stated, or that it would fall forward or that the bed would constantly hit it against the wall. None of these fears came through. It actually is pretty sturdy, by itself as well as with the bed against it. My sister even asked me where i bought it, as she is sleeping on right now, and she can't believe it doesn't move. Great purchase, especially with an overstock coupon. It fit our needs perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Assembly easy; product as described on webpage. I had no trouble during assembly and all the parts were there. However, the flat pack packaging could have been a WHOLE LOT better. There was no tissue or any padding of any kind in between the finished edges of the panels, hence, there are many scratches and abrasions. The firm cardboard backer piece is broken in two areas and several panels had inch chips from the corners. This is due to insufficient padding around the edges and rough handling by UPS. The cardboard was packed on an outside edge next to the box surface and when the box was broken, likely by another box corner, the damage was deep and really messed up that backer panel.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a tiny bit lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. as you would expect for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite good
Was easy enough to put together. I was unimpressed with the evident quality... there are definitely black marker marks down the side panel, *on the front.* The finish was peeling off a bit on various pieces when it arrived. Overall, those things aren't terribly noticable, and it's a good headboard for a small room.
The product looked better online. When I received the package, one piece was missing. After putting everything together there was a long sratch on the main piece which was very noticable.I called but had to wait for the replacement to be shipped
We ended up replacing this with a simpler padded headboard. Though it certainly has a lot of storage space, you can't sit up in bed reading, since there's no way to prop yourself up. This would be better if it were redesigned to accommodate reading in bed, and also if you could plug in a lamp somewhere.