Terrible quality - I know when I move, I will have to just throw this away, because there is no way it will make it through a move in one piece. Several of the pre-drilled holes were in the wrong places (meaning I had to drill new holes myself), and the headboard does not come with the hardware to attach it to the Everest bed it matches - this makes NO sense to me. I am extremely disappointed.
I bought this headboard and the matching armoire and dresser. They were relatively easy to assemble (I have some similar things from other companies, so I've done this before); all three took maybe 5 hours. The headboard had one board with the holes drilled on the wrong side, which I did not realize until I was nearly finished. At that point, I thought I had made the mistake and then took everything apart, only to realize that I had put things together the only way they could go. I then drilled the missing holes myself and put everything together. All the pieces are mainly particle board, so do not expect to give this to your grandchildren as an heirloom. There were also some chips from shipping, but those were easily fixed with some paint (my model is white). Still, for less than $200 I have a good-looking headboard more than adequate for my purposes.
I bought this item along with the dresser and nightstand. All of which are not very sturdy and workmanship is lousy. While all of these items look nice now---essentially just put together and unused, as soon as they are put into regular use---I could almost guarantee none of the items will last more than a year. Probably the best bet for this group of bedroom furniture is a guest bedroom with very little use, not an active teenager.
I purchased this headboard a year ago--it is still not totally assembled--it's just leaning against the bedroom wall.. The directions were very difficult to understand. Pieces were extremely heavy and awkward. My daughter, who helped me try to assemble it, told me to junk it when I move out of my house to down-size. I really liked it, and wanted it, but was not able to get it together--not good quality.
I have wanted a bookcase headboard for a long time, you can't find one in a furniture store anymore unless it is for a twin bed. Finally I find a nice selection of them. With the prices I wan't expecting anything close to good furniture, I was not expecting peeling paper badly glued to composite wood. Because it was too expensive to ship it back, I glued it back......it doesn't look great but lesson learned....if if looks like a great deal, it isn't. It is crap, it is junk and you will be stuck with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The "Laminate" is a very thin piece of paper that is not very well glued to the composite wood that makes this. I am not surprised or upset about composite wood, but to have the laminate be an ultra thin piece of paper that is peeling off.....what the heck do I do with this?? And not in just one spot. I called UPS to see how much to ship it back and it was more than $100. So I feel cheated.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? You forgot to mention just how cheaply it is made.
This is a a slightly overpriced but not bad headboard. The box it comes in is VERY heavy and it took me a couple of hours to install it. There were also some plastic screw thingies that broke in the process of putting it together, but I was still able to salvage it. Overall I'm satisfied with it although I dont think it is worth the price
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was decent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? relatively accurate
I bought this for my son's room and it looks good. Easy to put together. My only complaint is that there is nowhere to attach the bedrails to the headboard. The mattress just pushes up against and i'm afraid it will rub the wall. For the price and quick shipping though, it will work fine.
Like all of the assemble yourself furniture, the quality is on the light side. The finish had not held up very well after 2 years of use. That said, it has convinced me that one day I will have a bed with a real wood bookcase headboard.
This was an excellent buy for the price of the product and has stood up to our expectations
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality was good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? discription was accurate
This item is poorly constructed, breaks easily. It arrived after two weeks in broken pieces.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very low, much lower than expected.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes, in functionality.
I would not buy this product again. It is cheaply made. The design is poor. It is unlikely to complete assembly without damage to the headboard. The worst part was there were no holes in the base of the headboard to attach to the bedframe. That is not holes in the wrong place just no holes at all! A headboard is supposed to be able to attach to a frame. I had to drill four holes in the base of the headboard to get it to attach to the headboard. Another huge problem was the headboard was too narrow to fit against the frame. The finish edge piece prevented that fit. I had to take it off then cut it across then cut the piece I cut off to piece it in below and along side the frame so it did not look completely like a piece of junk. I would recommend NOT buying this headboard. I am hoping someone from Overstock calls me with an offer to refund my money. I doubt that will happen because I am not going to disassemble the thing to send it back. The thought of putting together another different headboard is just too much to bear. It took me hours to put this thing together and it should have taken an hour at most.
This headboard was easy to assemble. The instructions are a little misleading with the directions of certain boards. The bed butts up to the front of the head board it does not slide under like one would think. Overall a quality piece that is a geat addition to the storage bed its made to go with.