My husband and I received the entryway shelf on time (no delivery problems - UPS is great) and he was able to put it together pretty fast by following the directions. It's an OK product, but we are disappointed the material is basically particle board type stuff and the hooks are very lightweight non-metal material. We put this in our entry way in back of the door so it's not something you see immediately when you walk in. This is not a show piece - you're better off going with a standing coat hanger if you have the room (we didn't have that option). The color is nice and fits in with other dark wood (dark as in black, not red tinted woods).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's cheap materials
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
The product was easy to build and it looks great. I was slightly worried about how much weight it would be able to hold, but it feels very sturdy right now.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far, so good. The product feels strong and is working out perfectly so far
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is a good, solid piece of furniture. It is not super complicated to put together or to mount as long as you can find a couple studs. The only thing I dislike a little is that there is about a 5inch gap between the bottom of each cubby and the mount. So, you basically can see through to the wall- depending on what you display in the cubbies it can look kind of awkward. I would recommend this product.
The item arrived with a few nips and scratches as the "espresso" exterior is easily scratched. The shelf is closer to a dark brown color instead of espresso (I bought it to match my current espresso furniture, and the color is a bit lighter). You definitely want to put it together on a soft surface (i.e. carpet/rug) and expect to vacuum afterward. It is fairly easy to assemble but because of the weight and the sharp edges, mounting it definitely requires at least two persons. You will need a drill and hammer. I still haven't mounted mine yet so I can't comment on the actual use. The weight of the shelf seems sturdy enough to support items.
Even though I shop online often, I've always nervous when it comes to ordering furnitures. But I am very happy with this product, and already recomomended it to 3 friends. The product material is great. Very easy to install. And the color matching perfectly to the description.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color matching the online description perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? online description match perfectly
We love this shelf. We have no mudroom, but have a mud "area" by the back door where we have our farm boots, farm jackets, hats, gloves, umbrells, etc. The shelf looks very nice and we put a leather-like storage basket in each space--one for gloves, one for hats/scarves. There are plenty of hooks, too. Very good purchasing decision for us.
This shelf is very sturdy and is quite large. I measured first so I knew it would fit in my entryway, but make sure you check all measurements - the shelves are also very deep. This makes it very nice to hold your keys, mail, pictures, whatever you want to put there, but might be a problem for smaller entries. It is a true expresso color, not black, but a very deep brown, as pictured. Assembly was easy but to hang it properly, have someone help hold it.