The first major problem is that the air blows out of the back vent, which is large. It blows all of the dirt you are trying to clean up across the floor, at least by several feet! Really bad if you are vacuuming potting soil or Kitty litter. The next issue is that the vacuum is very heavy, making it hard to use for more than a minute or two. The opening of the vacuum is about 5 inches wise and an inch high, making in nearly impossible to get into a small space or clean a specific spot. As we continue on, the filter inside is small and almost instantly clogs up, blocking the air flow. Due to the small size it fills up after vacuuming a small amount of debris. The only good things I can say about this vacuum is that it is sturdy and well made and it has a long cord. Two things that are totally irrelevant since the vacuum would not be worth having even if it was given to you.
- Did the product fit true to size? n/a
- How is the quality of the product? sturdy
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? None that I saw.
This hand-held vacuum has good power and can access lots of tight spaces with the roller brush (not just the vacuum hose). The 'dust collector' quickly fills up if one is using it for pet hair. My only real disappointment is I purchased it thinking it could also be used as a blower to inflate air mattresses, etc. Fine for small jobs around the house, but don't buy it thinking that black port at the back of the unit is a blower exhaust.
We have pets in our home and this vacuum does a great job of removing pet hair from our furniture. It is a nice size and weight and we are very satisfied with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Does a great job.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Beware of this thing. It got rave reviews from Hammachler Schlemmer institute, that's why I bought it. The plastic lid is useless and difficult. It cleaned pretty well for a couple of months, I used it infrequently. But even this light duty was too much. It caught on fire. Stay away from this. I've had cheapy Dustbusters last longer and do a better job. Eureka, you should be ashamed of this item.
- How accurate was the sizing? OK.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I didn't buy this from Overstock, but I am familar with this machine.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? NO.