I purchased 21 boxes of these to lay on my screened in lanai. When ordering I split my order to 7 boxes each so that UPS would deliver and shipping would be cheaper. First off, I am a 72 yr. old woman who weighs 130 lbs. I installed all 21 boxes by myself, taking 2 days. I used my golf cart to transport the boxes 6 at a time to the lanai at the rear of my house. Because I wanted the pattern as shown in the ad, I laid out one row at a time. Then I simply snapped them together. I had to cut off some of the plastic tabs on the house wall using an utility knife. For the last row I needed to remove more so I cut with my Dremel, after moving some of the screws on the back so that each row had 3 screws. What a sight I was, using old kitchen chair pads as kneeling pads. All I have left to do is brush on a water repellent. I'm so proud of my work & these Eucalyptus deck tiles are just beautiful and the quality is as good as it gets.
Owning a flooring installation company, I have seen many products, and have installed many products. This flooring was a genuine suprise. It is extremely attractive, and extremely well built. I installed an 8x15 lanai with this product, it took a half hour to do,and is gorgeous. even when needing to cut to size for the walls, it handled beautifully on the mitre saw. Thank you for making my wife a happy girl.
Really easy to install. We put down 23 boxes of them. The only thing I would recommend is if you are putting them down in a room using several boxes, rotate tiles from each box so the colors of the wood mix around because they are Not identical in color. If you use one box at a time you will have a big square one shade of wood and then another big square a different shade of wood. Alternating the color and direction of the tile as seen in the picture is best.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We love them. We put them in our screen porch. They look great. Much better than we ever expected!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I bought 2 of these to make a little seating area under my tree. They look nice and I have just enough area to sit 2 chairs and a small table. I bought them 1 month ago, I live in Colorado so the tiles have already stood through hot sun a blizzard and a heavy rainstorm and they held up and look great! I will buy more as soon as I finish my garden area. I love them!
I bought these tiles this past spring, and we are now in the end of summer early fall and I am already seeing the tiles starting to come apart. Ive had to buy extra boxes to replace the ones that came apart, but I can see that this is going to be an ongoing issue. If I had known there were better products out there I would have waited and looked into some of the others. I must say Im concerned about how these will hold up this winter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? similar, although there were splotchy stains from the manufacturer and many tiles were stuck together, obviously packaged while still wet
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor, these tiles fee apart on me and the wood started to come loos in the areas I walk on most often
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
Had over $1000 of these tiles installed on a deck by a professional carpenter, it's about 3 weeks later and many tiles have warped and peeled up. I will contact overstock re: replacing the warped tiles and update once I get a response. The tiles are beautiful, but they are described as deck tiles and as such, I would expect them to stand up to outdoor installations. I was advised by carpenter that same tiles in Teak did not have this problem.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor, tiles began to warp and peel from backing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? States for outdoor use, cannot be used outdoors
These are perfect for covering the unsightly black tar paper on the floor of our small second story porch. Most of the tiles did not "snap" together as described online; they merely sat inside the hole provided, which made me worried about their ability to stay hooked together in the event of a big wind. However, enough did snap together that it felt pretty secure. Maybe I just got a batch that was a bit off on the sizing of the plastic holes. When I contacted Overstock's customer service, they did offer to take the tiles back, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of packaging them all up again so I decided just to keep them. The decking does look great now and my porch has a lovely resort feel to it. The water drains nicely and the wood looks great. I did not seal the decking tiles because my understanding is that eucalyptus wood repels water on its own pretty well. The price was terrific - much lower than any of the other online suppliers and I had been looking for a while. You can't beat the shipping either, and if you want to avoid the higher shipping cost when ordering more than seven cases, consider breaking up the order into two or more.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Somewhat
These tiles make a beautiful surface. BUT don't plan on using them outdoors unless you (1) live in a moderate climate and plan to use them in a covered area or (2) use them in a covered area and take them up at the end of the season. I bought 4 boxes and put a few tiles out on the patio to see how they looked. Good looks but didn't hold up to weather well, even hard rain followed by bright sunshine. I wound up repolying the exposed ones and using them and the others in my laundry area (which part of the garage). Works great and looks beautiful. The grid work on the bottom keeps them up off the concrete. I'm ordering another box to make a walkway from my car (to keep me out of the dirty water in the winter when the snow melts off of my car). I took one star off because the description is misleading regarding deck use.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Not exactly
I really love this product! Its super easy to install and looks great. I do see where people are having a problem with getting the pattern shown, but I wasn't going for that look so I really didn't spend time trying to figure it out. I love that they sit above the ground on small feet. Our concerete is not level in some areas and water tends to pool up a bit, this sits right over it above the water. And it's so easy to just push it aside and brush the water away when where done outside. The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because it really doesn't seem like it's been sealed, and since I'm using it near our pool area it will get wet during the summer. I will definately need to apply a sealer to it. But overall extremely satisfied. My real complaint is that I wanted to order another box and when I went to order it yesterday it's more expensive. I just purchased it maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago and now it's $20 more per box, it was very dissapointing. I thought it was a deal at**** a box, but ***** AND I have to seal it...not so much.
OMG...LOVE THEM, I have an old concrete cracked porch, to costly to rip up and repour, painting it made it look awful, and I did not get the look I wanted. Saw these tiles on a home show, searched and found them on other sites for much more money, BUT found them on OVERSTOCK and saved LOTS of $$. Made husband VERY happy! Now with the tiles and previously bought outdoor rug from Over Stock, my porch has made me the envy of the neighborhood. And when everyone asks how did I do it? I just say ....OVERSTOCK.COM
I was very happy when I received the tiles. The appearance is beautiful. I am, however, filled with mixed emotions now. The installation of the tiles is very easy and can be accomplished very quickly, however, some of the tiles would not fit properly. They are supposed to fit one in one direction and another in the opposite direction. I felt to have some tiles that don't fit properly is a waste of money. I also think that you MUST waterproof them after installation. Good Luck ! !
The pieces are cheaply cut and do not fit together well or snap together easily. Very disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ehhh
I beleive this to be an excellent product, I purchased 14 boxes and contemplate purchasing more. It has had such a dramatic effect on my backyard's appearence! It will take you from average to VERY Expensive looking in less than an hour.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? on the money
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. thus far it is holding up as well as I had hoped, it has every appearance of lasting a good long time, I will post about it after it has been exposed to the out doors for a year.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Using the deck tiles allowed me to separate my yard without spending a lot of money or building a wood deck enabling me to build a stone step up patio. They were placed on concrete, level with rest of yard. I'm sure they can be placed on soil. I did coat each with wood seal before putting them down.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Used as flooring in grilling area. My large charcoal grill stands on it and they are sturdy under foot when standing and grilling. They snapped together well, and filled a 5X8' area perfectly. I bought them bcuz the matched the eucalyptus privacy screens for that area.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The area that they are in looks like a separate outdoor room. They make great flooring. Colors match well.
Bought tiles for a 15 x 20 concrete patio. I live in AZ where it gets pretty hot. I was disappointed in the quality of these tiles. It was good I bought extras as several of the plastic fasteners on the bottom of the tiles broke (10). I am not really sure it was the heat, because they were in the shade the entire time. Easy installation. Hard to replace due to interlocking tiles.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was darker than actual - after sealed, more accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay, not what I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Failrly accurate
I bought these tiles last year the moment I saw them and I cleaned up Overstock's stock. I had to place 2 separate orders since there was a limit of max.20 cases per order. All they had was 38, and I bought them all plus 2 cases later as they became available. I think I did everybody a favor by buying it all. After laying them down on my 25' x 15' deck it looked awsome !!!! Well... its a good thing I had taken pictures in that state. Whithin ONLY 6 SHORT MONTHS all the tiles exposed to the sun lost 90% of their color and the ones under the canopy I have, under a rubbermaid stotage box, and under every chair and table maintained about 50 to 80% of their texture (the 80% applies to the ones under the storage box). My point here is very simple, OVERSTOCK SHOULD ADVISE CUSTOMERS THAT THESE TILES ARE NOT SUN FRIENDLY. When I started getting my deck ready for this summer I was shocked at the MOSAIC view of my deck. It looks awful. Powerwashing is out of question as the lowest setting 1,100 psi is enough to strip the entire top finish clean off the tiles. This was $ 2,000 wasted plus the $700 I paid the contractor to install them as I have a bad back. I am very dissapointed at OVERSTOCK.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match BUT for only 6 months.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Some slats were loose. Had to find appropriate screws to fix. Many do not stay flat.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate YET missing vital information.
They are easy to installl and they look nice, but after a while they warp and change color. Go to teak!! much better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not so good
i purchased several boxes of these tiles over the summer. i have them on my outdoor patio under some eucalyptus chairs. while they look nice, they have not weathered well. i have to watch my step if i don't have shoes on b/c i will get a splinter. after the first rain i noticed stain on my patio. i will be SHOCKED if they last until next year. i am very disappointed. i purchased several boxes and for the total cost i could have gotten a very nice outdoor rug that would have lasted much longer.