This bed ships in 4 very heavy boxes. If you have 2 people, and follow the directions, putting it together isn't very difficult. It took 2 of us a little under 3 hours. You will want to put it together in the exact place you want it to be permanently, because it's quite heavy. Once the drawers are filled, it's extremely heavy. Make sure you have it in place BEFORE you put the drawers in. And also, make sure you have the bed squared off exactly, otherwise the drawers don't fit correctly. I really like this bed, it's exactly what I wanted. Once the mattress is in place, it is quite high, higher than I expected, but with 2 rows of drawers, of course it's going to be a tall bed. Having the storage is perfect for a smaller room. The quality is what you would expect from a $500 put-it-together-yourself piece of furniture, it's not top of the line, but it's not shoddy either. I do recommend this bed if you need efficient storage. But it's worth noting that if you ever want to move and take this bed with you, it will be quite difficult. I know I'll need to completely dismantle it to get it out the door.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I'm very glad I made this purchase.I've had it for about a year now and believe I made a good choice. I needed help putting it together but that was expected.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes. Looks like photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, especially for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description.
i was in need of storage because my dresser would not fit in my new condo so i purchased this bed frame despite my inability to assemble anything....but this was actually straightforward and i was able to complete the entire project by myself with no power tools. great bed frame with a lot of storage for a low price, highly recommended.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
The assembly instructions indicated this was an 80 minute job... maybe if a team is doing the assembly, or if you have access to a power screwdriver. For one person, is is more like an 8-hour job, cranking that screwdriver by hand. Overall, it is a good product & I am happy with it.
Good bed, very nice looking, works great. My husband and I are happy with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made well and is very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
I am happy with the bed. Amazing for storage and its kinda fun for a little girl cause its high up bed but some of the parts were missing which made it frustrating. To put together is hell! If you need storage its perfect
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. lots of chips and the funny thing is it comes with marker to cover them
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I found it to be a good value. The bed took a little while to set up (several hours with a drill) ; and unfortunately one of the head boards got a little banged up in the shipping (but I was about to fix it). Its a decent product. There are no doubt better beds made of higher quality materials but for my needs I find it satisfactory; especially given the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far so good. I think the design could be a little sturdier; although no real complaints so far.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on.
My boyfriend and I got this bed in May. It is now mid-August and it is falling apart. We also suspect it may have come with bedbugs. We got the bed at the end of May and by end of June, we were noticeably getting bit up. If it did not come with bedbugs, then the wooden slats and numerous nooks and crannies are the perfect home for them. We are chucking this bed after we steam and sanitize it. It took us hours, working together, to put this bed together. We found some of the screws and holes made for those screws did not completely line up. The wooden slats that's supposed to support the mattress (showcased in the photos) are actually loose and kept from springing up by a thin metal hold on either end of the bed. However, this does not prevent the slats from moving sideways so now, instead of the slats staying neatly in place and spaced correctly out (as you see in the picture), some of our slats have grouped together, some are diagnoal, and one has come off the metal hold. By the way, the only barrier between the drawers and your mattress are these wooden slats. The bottom of the drawers are also of poor quality. If you get this bed, you should take care not to put heavy clothes in the drawers as the bottoms will droop and will catch the drawer beneath it. Lastly, this bed is heavy. If you are in an apartment building and it's a walk up, I would not recommend this bed as even if you don't experience any of the above problems, your bed will likely not survive a move. It's too heavy, expensive (for the quality) and poorly made to expend the energy and money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
Be prepared because this bed comes in a million pieces but it is worth the effort and time. We have a smaller bedroom so being able to store clothes under the bed was handy rather than try and fit a whole bedroom suite. The drawers are deep and sturdy. There were no scratches or dents when received because they packed it very well. Do be careful though because once you do scratch it, it is very noticeable due to the dark color. I reccommend a furniture pen to cover these.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The assembly took two days and a total of four people (not very handy people but competent people) to build. Thre instructions are very easy to follow and would not of beeen confusing had they provided all the materials. The package was missing screws which i had to go to home depot and buy because it took them over a week to mail in the replacement screws. If i could go back in time i would not buy the queen size as my room is very tiny and i did not think about the fact that i cannot put one side of the bed adjacent to a wall because of the drawers. so if you have a small room like me, thats something to consider. The twin size would of been a better fit to me. Its pretty sturdy it doesnt shake or wobble my only complaints are that is its easily scratched and punctured by pointy objects, missing piueces take too long to get to you, and the assembly requires more than two people.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was on point.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not real wood so it scratches and punctures easily.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? acurate
It took like 3 hours to put it together. There was no instruction which was a pain in the butt. I didn't realized once I place my mattress on top of the finish product that it was super high and I'm 5'1. Besides the height and no instructions... I really like it! Remember to search for promo codes for discounts!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was exactly like what you see in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I recently moved and wanted a nice-looking, high-quality bedroom set, but didn't want to pay the high-quality price tag associated with that. I had received great reviews about Overstock, but had never bought anything myself. I decided to check Overstock out, and I'm so very glad I did! I bought the Tall Espresso Headboard to go with the Tall 12-drawer queen bed frame. Both arrived promptly and seemed to match, color-wise, the photos online. I'm a fairly slight female, but I didn't have any problems with assembling anything. That's not to say the product is light or flimsy, however. Altogether I think the boxes weighted in at over 200 lbs. Once together everything was very solid. I am very happy with my purchase and wouldn't hesitate to order from Overstock again. Especially when shipping is only $2.95!! Fantastic, high-quality products without the high-quality price. Exactly what I was looking for! Overstock has a very satisfied customer, and I will not hesitate to buy from them again for any future needs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? highly accurate
got it on time used it a while ; particle board dried out and crumbled in the stress areas probably due to the dryness of Arizona air. I like the product and intend on replacing the inner parts with solid wood pieces
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the inner support pieces would have been better if they had been solid wood instead of particle board
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
When my husband and I bought our house we knew we needed a new bed with storage for our incredibly small bedrooms with limited closet space. This seemed like the best option for us, so we gave it a whirl. The bed itself is pressed wood, so it's kind of cheap to begin with. It took me several hours (5-ish I think) to put it all together myself (mind you I was also 5 months pregnant at the time). Once it was together I put the box spring and mattress on top and... it was very, VERY high. We had a low-profile box spring and it was still too high for me to get up on without a step while being pregnant. We had to get rid of the box spring, and now it's at a tolerable height (non-pregnant. When I was 8-9 months pregnant I couldn't get up on my own, nor could I for a few weeks after having the baby). As for the quality... we've had some of the pressed wood split and have had to anchor parts together with brackets and screws. Some of the drawers don't line up right so they stick and are hard to open and close. Also if I leave a drawer open my cats can get inside and get stuck in the bed (not the manufacturers fault, just a heads up). The bed does look nice and is a lifesaver for us with storage. I do think it's a little overpriced and would probably give it a better rating if it was lower in price.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap-ish
We put the bed together without too much trouble although you need to be very careful with the drawers or they won't slide in smoothly. The bed is rather tall, we removed our box springs and it's still rather tall, but we are so glad to have the extra storage in the drawers! Overall I say its a good product.
I won't claim this is the worst purchase I've ever made, because it isn't. But if you're shopping for a new bed, you can get better beds for less money - as long as you don't need the drawers. I did, and so the bed is performing a decent function for me. But the drawers don't align well with the bed, they're either ridiculously hard to open or ridiculously easy to open (IE - my cat can open and close one of the drawers, both from the outside and when hiding inside the bed), the slats that hold the mattress up keep slipping, etc. It's worth what you pay for it, but no more. As stated by another reviewer, this bed is really heavy, and you can only really move it by disassembling it. Don't buy this unless you're staying where you are for a long time and don't mind the previous issues.
This bed looks great, but not only is it complicated to put together, the pieces are cheap. Once we put the bed together it started to fall apart. You cannot move it without items cracking or chipping, the drawers do not allign right. It's very cheaply made and you can get a much better bed for a lower price. The price is much to high for such a bad bed.
I didn't think that it could have been this challenging to assemble. It took about 20 hours of work between 1-4 people working on it to finally complete. Additionally, the particle board chipped in the frame so we had to get creative about how to continue and make it functional. What a headache! If I had it to do over again I would pass. The price is good but the quality is less than I expected and it is so heavy I cannot imagine EVER moving it. Also, super tall with the mattress and I need steps (I'm 5'8").
Since we opted for the 12 drawer unit, this bed was ends up being higher than normal, but it was purchased for my daughter who is 5' 8" so she really loves it. Anyone much shorter than that might need a step stool to get up on it unless you forego a box springs. I put it together by mostly by myself, with very little help from my husband and I thought the instructions were very clear. Help is really only needed when attaching the large pieces, but even that could be done alone if you have some support props to keep them from falling over. The drawers are large, and hold a LOT...and it looks really nice. We are completely satisfied and would certainly recommend it to others looking for a bed with good storage. I gave it a rating of 4 stars with the thought that 5 stars should be reserved for a more high-end product, not because I found fault in this bed.