Love all the drawers and the overall appearance. It's safe and sturdy but could be a bit more solid. The slats under mattress move around a bit. So if you're not planning on having to break this down for a long time, I would suggest nailing them down.
This is a cheap and poorly-made item that is overpriced for the quality level and a source of constant frustration for us. The worst feature about this bed is hands-down the cheap hardboard drawers. This flimsy cardboard-like material is frustrating in most flatpack furniture, and because these drawers are of a substantial size, the material is grossly inappropriate in this case. Within a very short time, our modestly filled drawers were sagging in the bottoms and popping out of track. Those purchasing a storage bed are presumably in need of using the drawers several times a day for a variety of clothing/bedding/etc. These drawers are not made for that type of use. The structural design of the bed is also substandard. After about 4 or 5 months, we could feel the bed sway laterally when turning in our sleep. (We are of average weight + size, so that shouldn't be a factor). The slats under the mattress don't fix in place at set intervals, so they need to be readjusted periodically to keep from getting sagging spots when the slats slide laterally. Fixing them can be a dangerous undertaking because the metal braces that fit under the bed are very roughly finished, and it's easy to get scratched (I came away with a small gash in my thumb the first time I tried to adjust these). Finally, while the bed looks nice upon assembly, the finish is incredibly easy to scratch and so it doesn't take long before it starts to look shabby. The price looked reasonable for simple, functional furniture, but it was too high for such a low level of quality. If you are looking for something like this, you are better off going to an IKEA as their products seem to withstand actual use much better. This bed has even influenced my outlook on the company. I had been a regular Overstock customer because of the high quality of the items I'd found on the site (clothing and housewares). This purchase was a huge disappointment and I have been looking to other online shops since.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Low quality and poor design for functionality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Bed appeared to be more solid and substantial than it was.
I read most reviews before purchasing this product and was skeptical about putting the bed together. I have to say, my boyfriend was going to help me and I ended up putting the whole thing together myself. The instructions were very easy to read and I had no problems what so ever. There were marks on one piece and when I called there were no questions and another was sent out to me. My son loves his new bed and I am actually looking to purchase another for myself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. More durable than I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
the bottom of the draws is fragile. could be firmer. bed is comfortable and attractive. drawers are not easy to assemble
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Single girl. Small and not very strong. Power drill broke right before I got the bed! I was totally scared! Yet, somehow, in only about 2 days (a few hours each day) I managed to put together this bed! Who needs a man? The only thing I had any issues with was fitting the slats into both sides without pulling one side out but after a few minutes of adjusting it was in like flynn. I love all the storage it provides and am so proud to say that I put the whole thing together on my own!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not the highest quality but not bad for what you pay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great