The look of this desk is very nice; however, the quality is not worth it. The whole underside of this desk is made from MDF (Medium-density fibreboard) which is basically a low-grade manufactured wood made from what is essentially compressed wood dust. The materials are so flimsy the desk didn't even make it through the shipping process. Also, one of the legs had cuts down one side which looked to be from the manufacturing of the product. I am terribly disappointed in this product and cannot believe what cheap materials they used to make it. This is not the first time I have ordered something off Overstock only to receive it in damaged condition. I'd say about 8 out of 10 purchases have had very similar issues. Either quality/shipping has resulted in defective/damaged goods.
This desk replaced a bulky computer desk that had become an eyesore in the corner of our family room. As we have become a "laptop family", I was looking for less of a desk. The writing desk sets the corner of our family room apart as a beautiful, yet functional area. I paired the writing desk with a colorful 36' x 36' canvas print, a buffet lamp, and dark leather parsons chair. The drawer is a nice hideaway for the clutter that can accumulate on a desk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The desk is very sturdy and the finish rich.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accuarate
It fits my need of a desk to work from home but it also looks good with the rest of my living room furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on the mark
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's pretty good. Although I corner was scratched apparently during delivery.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate