We bought this heater and it started out making a rattling noise right away. Overstock told us to talk to the manufacturer. We finally after much effort got in contact with the manufacturer. We mailed the heater back at our own expense. When we got it back, the glass in the front will not stay up. It was not packaged very well for shipping. My husband has cancer and does not feel like messing with it any more.
I care for my elderly parents and they require our home to be unusually warm. With the cost of oil being so high, I decided to supplement our heat with two of these heating units. So far, during the cool nights of September, they are keeping the open living room, dining room and kitchen area warm and toasty. The real test will be during the winter when it is usually below zero at night. Any extra heat that is not provided by oil will help with our heating bill. My parents enjoy the "flame" background, too.
It's the perfect compliment to make our houseboat warm and cozy. We love it and it really cranks out the heat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
The heater was for a, always cold, little area. It was the perfect heater. It looks good when not on and the flame is an added bonus
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was right on
This Heater is so small and feels like you really got taken advantage of when you receive it. The only positive factor is the real flame and log display otherwise its just not worth ordering. It does not heat well and is just not represent what is being potrayed online.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not at alll
I am only rating this as poor as I cannot really attest to how it actually would work. It came with the front glass loose and after using it for about a day it was flicking on and off. I am assumming that it was damaged during shipment. Return was easy.