I can't address durability as the block is a month old. The appearance is without flaw, the corners smooth and nicely rounded and the block is fully 2" thick and correctly measured in all aspects. You'll want to minimize exposure to water and treat the block with mineral oil between uses. The label says "Catskill" on it. Of the blocks I evaluated, this was clearly the most substantial and best value for the buck.
We've gone through so many cutting boards that crack or warp - as soon as I got this one, I applied multiple coats of Butcher Block oil - I want it to last. It's so thick and a nice weight - no warping here. It absolutely will not slide on my granite counter top. I have actually many times tried to push it, forgetting it has rubber foot bottoms, and have had to pick it up instead. I really appreciate that it stays put. The finish is excellent - you can tell they care about this product. My husband was really impressed when he saw his new chopping block. And it did not take as long to ship as the product page said. I would highly recommend this.
This is a beautiful chopping block; very well made. It is heavy though, so be prepared to use a little muscle when using. I would have appreciated knowing that you need to treat the block before use. I had to research the best oil to use and still haven't made a decision on which oil to use.
I would definitely recommend this product. Had no problems what so ever including shipping. Board weight is good and it cleans up very well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? wood colors were beautiful and pattterned
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality very well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? described accurately
Its perfect size color and style. I leave it on my counter always.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent