Well the first chair took me 1 hour to put together and the 2nd about 10 minutes. If you want it to take you 10 minutes, read this! First of all separate the alan wrench screws into short, medium, and long. And separate the other screws (for the cross bars and seat) into short and long. Then, make sure the square piece that you attach to the seat back/back legs (step 1) is on right side up, with the HOLES UP (toward the top of the seat back). The directions don't tell you this but the holes need to be up to screw the seat on at the end. Don't attach the front legs until you put the other "cross bars" (can't remember what they're called) in the holes. You will have to take them back out if you do it like the directions say. (On the front legs, one hole has to face inward and 2 towards the back of the chair.) So put your cross bars in their holes and then attach the front legs. Also make sure you don't attach the seat "wrong side up", the weaving will look tighter on the top side. That's all the advice I have! Enjoy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close, creamy white not bright white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, comfortable seat.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate enough
This is my first review on overstock, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to rave about these chairs. I wasn't expecting much for the price, but these blew me away! They seem VERY sturdy and well-made. The wood has a smooth, creamy finish (though a bit more antique-y than the photo shows, in my opinion) and the rush seat is well done and surprisingly comfortable. Assembly was pretty straightforward; it took my husband under an hour to assemble four. I highly recommend these chairs!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color in person is a creamier white than it appears on the site, which reads a little gray.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. surprisingly good quality for the money
These chairs are nicer than expected for the price. I really appreciate the other reviewers who took the time to write such detailed reviews. I read all of them carefully and that really helped with the assembly process. Beware: These chairs come disassembled for compact shipping. Putting them together is a lot like *** furniture: dozens of parts, all different sizes. So read the other reviews and sort everything before starting. Once together, they're sturdy. My last chairs were glued and they kept falling apart. I ordered these specifically because they are bolted together, not glued. So far, so good. I hope they hold up because they're very handsome around my rustic pine table.
I printed out some of the suggestions from the reviews as far as installation, which helped my husband, who is pretty handy overall. The first chair took a little time to put together, but thanks to the reviewers suggestions, was fairly easy. The rest were put together in no time at all! I only ordered these because they look just like the "Pottery Barn" chairs that sell for $199.00 each and because the reviewers said they were fairly easy to put together. They are gorgeous and we have placed them at a table that we have had for years which is white with a butcher block top. They look great! They are comfortable as well! They were shipped quickly and without any damage. I couldn't be happier!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They are beautiful, well-made, solid wood chairs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I ordered 4 of these chairs for my kitchen table. They took my husband a while to put together and "level". They seems very sturdy and heavy, I think they'll last for years. One of the chairs had a small crack on one of the backrests. Overstock promptly sent a replacement, no need to ship the damaged one back. Very happy with the quality and price of these chairs!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They appear to be sturdy and attractive
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
My new chairs arrived quickly and in great shape. I put them together by myself and it took me a couple of hours. Not only do they look high end, they are also sturdy, and the price is so reasonable. I'm using one in my living room as an extra side chair (to coordinate with a cottage look) and one in a spare bedroom. Then, when we have company and need extra chairs at our kitchen table I can pull them up. The painted finish on the chairs is a soft white, and the trim in our home is a bright white, but they still fit in well. I am very pleased with my purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Compared well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy chairs with high quality look and feel
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Purchased these chairs for the holidays as I needed a new kitchen set but it was not in the budget. I was very pleased not only with my Black Friday Special but the look and quality when they arrived. My husband who has a lot of patience putting things together had no trouble with the project. The chairs are more comfortable with cushions so I have since purchased new cushions. I had been searching the stores but at this price range there was nothing that compared to the size and price of these chairs. My new chairs blend in well with the old table. The holidays are over and we are still enjoying the chairs. Now, Overstock, find me a matching table. I would definitely buy from Overstock again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I had purchased a "cheap" table and chairs locally three years ago when I moved into my house due to other necessary expenses. The old chairs fell apart, so I needed something to go with the table that is still in fine shape. These chairs go great with my existing table and the style spruced up the area much better than what I had. I am very happy with this purchase. I am hopeful they stand up better than the others.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I really like the chairs. They look great, are sturdy, and exceeded my expectations. The only cautionary note that I would add is that since there is some assembly required that it's important to actually read the instructions. In typical male-mode, I decided to ignore the instructions and just started to put the chairs together. The problem is that it is possible to put the chairs together in the wrong way. This error led to me having to rescue the instructions from the garbage, disassemble, and then reassemble the chairs.
These chairs took quite awhile to assemble but overall product is good. It's hard to find great chairs at a reasonable price. We paired them with a beautiful Pottery Barn table purchase and they look great! Had a funny odor for the first week, must have been the wood. But comfy. Totally recommend.
Beautiful chairs. High quality, solid and sturdy construction, easy to assemble. Had been looking at Pottery Barn and Williams & Sonoma until we checked overstock.com and discovered these. Exactly what we had been looking for at a price that can't be beat. Ordering was easy and shipping was incredibly fast, we had them within 36 hours of ordering. An incredible deal on a product that we would highly recommend to anyone.
These are nice sturdy kitchen chairs. The cane seats could have had the caning a little closer together and the instructions could have been clearer. We put the seat foundation on upside down and had to take it apart and re-do it, but all in all, I am happy with the quality and sturdiness of the chairs, plus they look nice.
This is a great chair! Very sturdy, and well made. It took a little time to put together, but the instructions were easy to follow. I am very pleased with this purchase! The color is not so much bright white, but more of a "vanilla" white. They match my table perfectly!
I found them incredibly easy to assemble, not sure why others struggled. One had a cracked back which was replaced by Overstock immediately without hassle. They were of a better quality than I suspected they might be for the price. They were so good that we ordered 4 more sets and changed out our dining room chairs! Great price,great product.
These chairs are beautiful, well worth the price and I would highly recommend them for quality. Instructions were pretty straightforward. First chair took me about 40 minutes to put together (only because I really took my time to assure I was using the right bolts/screws at each step). The rest of the chairs (I bought 4) took only about 15 minutes each. Tip for assembly: Set out all pieces to identify proper bolts & screw sizes. Be sure not to tighten up all the bolts attaching legs until you have it standing on the floor so you can level it properly. I have one area of my floor that is uneven, and that chair would always "rock" but I was able to level the chair that sits in this area so that it will never rock again! My cat likes sleeping in that chair, and when she "scratches" herself, the chair would rock back & forth & drive me mad. No more rocking with these!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The seat bottom is more "golden" color, more authentic looking.. Chairs are slightly "off white" but goes perfectly well with brilliant white cabinets in my kitchen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality couldn't be better - especially at such a good price! Very well made, and I'm sure they will last a very long time.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100% accurate.