Now that this is installed, I like it and get a lot of compliments on it. It does look much more expensive (from afar) than it was.
My issues stem from a few issues:
1. I've installed chandeliers before, but this was BY FAR the most difficult I've ever experienced.
2. In addition to the regular wiring to the ceiling junction box, you must also wire each arm to the main feed in the body of the chandelier. This is not normally a problem, but there are 6 arms and 6 sets of wire to connect and the electrical caps were designed for two wires max -- so count on making at least one trip to the hardware store! On top of that, the wires are the small wire fiber type, not a solid copper insulated wire, so each time you try to connect them, you're breaking off some of the wires.
3. With so many connections, you REALLY want to make sure everything is connected prior to hanging it, so plan on getting a multi-meter (that was trip #2 to the hardware store).
4. Some crystals were damaged. I emailed the store and they immediately sent replacements. They were very prompt. But this stuff comes from China through Hong Kong, which meant multiple customs stops. It took over three weeks to get replacement parts.
5. Quality of the crystals is not great. Most people don't notice this, but if you ever go into a light store where they have real quality crystal chandeliers, look at the crystals and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. They are brilliant and they shine and reflect. These don't. In fact, you can see the machine marks on the glass from cutting the crystals. Once it's hanging, you won't know -- it just looks dull (but no one has noticed). I have very high-end furnishings in the rest of my home so most people just assume this was very expensive as well.
6. No UL certification. This didn't bother me at first, but once I worked with the wiring, I decided that this would be the last time I take the cheap road. I would prefer some stamp of approval from Underwriters Laboratory just to be sure that the manufacturing meets a basic level of quality and safety inspections.
Shopping list: electrical caps; electrical tape; multi-meter or connectivity tester. Dimmer is a must.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not great.
My 10 year old daughter selected this chandelier. I was skeptical. But, when it was installed, we were blown away. It is beautiful and sparkly and complements her purple bedroom. Show stopper. I purchased a much more expensive chandelier for my own room and wish I'd purchased this one for myself, also!
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality - tremendous value for the price.
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This was exactly what I was looking for. The description was good but didn't explain that each arm would need the wiring hooked up. I had already planned on having an electrician install this chandelier and I'm very glad I did. He had to wire each arm separately and I wouldn't want to have something wrong with the electrical if I had done it myself. Other than that is is perfect. I also had a dimmer switch installed which really enhances the light.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
so very pleased with the light fixture. I hung it above my french farm table and loveit. lends a touch of elegance to the rustic table. very beautiful at night with the light reflecting off the crystals.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it matched perfect
Please tell us about the quality of the product. very pleased with the quality and the ease of asembly
How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I am just in Love with this Chandelier. I remodeled one of my bedrooms and converted it into my office and this light just gave it the RICH texture it needed. I wished I could submit a picture with this review. With my black desk and credenza and teal blue walls with wood floor, this light is a show stopper! It gives the added bling without being over the top. The see-through shade which is made of tiny black strings, tones down the light but also leaves that rich feeling without being too much. This would be great in a dining room, bedroom, bathroom, etc... Assembling the crystals wasn't bad at all. Installing the light was moderate as far as skill level but FOLLOW the ORDER of DIRECTIONS or you will have to start over. I highly recommend this light!!!
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? PERFECT. Exactly as the picture on website.
Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was surprising nice. The rings that hold the crystals in could be nicer but overall I am in love with this light.
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The dishes does not go through the pipe. The hole on the dishes are very tight and only one out of five went through. How we can get them throuh?chiekos on Jun 24, 2013Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Hello chiekos, Thank you for your question and we apologize for the inconvenience. We have forwarded your question to our Customer Care Department in case you need new parts. They will be contacting you. overstockcustomercare1 on Jun 28, 2013
Same problem here. I even iced the metal to see if it would help. Now one cracked trying to delicately put it on!elkness on Aug 1, 2013
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.Shop O.com®