I bought this table after an exhaustive search for a lower-priced, weather wood piece. I wanted the rustic look for a more polished space. The table came VERY quickly, which I was very pleased with, as I was excited to set it up in my living room. I have to admit, when I first took it out of the box , I was a little disappointed. It didn't necessarily look much different than it did online, but the way it was worn was very...unnatural. It looked like someone just took a very rough sander to the wood pieces, and went to town. It's quite distressed, but not in the way that natural would distress it, which is how I imagined it. Granted, for the price, I can't really complain. Two negative comments however: #1-the instruction sheet says to attache the top shelf first, which I did. But when you go to put on the bottom shelf, you realize "Oh man, I should have put this one on first" because you have to practically shape-shift it to get it through the side and place it. So I had to take the whole thing about (not happy about that!), put the bottom shelf on, and then attach the top piece. #2-I couldn't actually attach the bottom piece! The predrilled screws on the bottom shelf did not align with the notches in the metal frame, so I couldn't screw it into place. It's not a huge deal, as the shelf sits just fine without being screwed in, but it was pretty annoying that it was off kilter. Other than that, as soon as I accessorized the table with some books and whatnot, it came together, and I actually love the piece. Great value, fast delivery!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty accurate, but a little more worn
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it seems sturdy, but I couldn't attach the bottom shelve because the holes for the screws were off.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
This table is OK in quality but it is super small. If you have a normal 88-92 inch couch it looks too small. I received the table, assembled it to find out that the table was wobbly. I am going to return it, not exchange it. The table is much less expensive compared to some other stores that have the bricklayer style tables, but I would recommend going with the more expensive ones. This is a cheaper version of the real thing and it looks cheap.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes but has white chalky substance all over it
On the plus side: This is an extremely sturdy product, so if you're getting it for an area that will see a lot of roughhousing and tough use. this fits the bill. It takes about 15 minutes to assemble and the assembly is straightforward -- 14 bolts, allen wrench included.. On the minus side: The wood top and shelf are pretty ugly. First, the top and shelf aren't planked to mimic reclaimed wood. It's a piece of wood with grooves cut into it. The grooves aren't very deep. My husband said it looked like the paneling they had in the basement when he was a kid. Then there's the "distressing." If you're expecting some kind of shabby chic charm, you would be mistaken. It's got a thin coat of whitewash and some gouges. I really do mean gouges. That wouldn't be so bad, maybe, except that the gouges are at perfectly regular intervals, so the piece looks damaged, like it banged into something repeatedly during packaging or shipping. And I think maybe they could have sanded the edges of the tabletop a little better, it looks like it just came from the sawmill. So, we aren't very happy with the product. On the plus side, it's sturdy and a nice size for a bench, so we're considering a cushion cover for it and tossing it in the guest room. That's probably a good solution to the problem, but we really wanted a coffee table. Maybe before turning it into a bench, we'll see if there's some way to rescue the top, like a semi-opaque stain in a darker color, some surgery to improve the look of the 'planking' and/or an actual faux finish distressing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK, wood is somewhat lighter.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, but the wood is pretty ugly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Should mention the faux planking.
In general, I have been very satisfied with all my Overstock.com purchases and look thoroughly at reviews before making a purchase. If you've looked at reclaimed wood or barnwood coffee tables in furniture stores and like them, you may be disappointed in what you receive. The top is very heavy and sturdy, as are the metal legs, and seems to be solid wood as claimed, but it looks JUST like 1970's wood paneling that you would find in an old living room or cabin. Most of the tables you see in furniture stores will have separate slats or have some distressing to make it look modern rustic, but this is more like a grooved system (again, wall paneling style). It looks like veneer, but it's not? Nobody will think that you have a reclaimed or barnwood table - so if that's the look you're going for you might be disappointed. It's also quite small, so make sure you measure your area before ordering! I have to admit that I only pulled out the top before putting it back in the box for a return, and did not put the table together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Definitely more brown than grey as other reviewers mentioned
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very heavy, very sturdy, seems to be pretty well made structurally.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color is off, and it definitely doesn't look reclaimed or authentic
Nothing really grey about this coffee table. It more of a maple/oak color with sanded down/scratchy parts that I suppose have some greyish plaster filling. There are some weird scratch marks on the shelf pieces.. at first I thought it was a mistake then realized they were purposeful scratches to make the table look rustic/weathered. It is some sort of particle board made to look like wood pieces which would actually be alright except that one of the corners came frayed/bubbled up a little. It's too much trouble for me to send back so i'll just live with it..maybe sand it down..and just paint the table some funky color anyway. it's cheap enough to play with. PUTTING THE TABLE TOGETHER: pretty simple and wouldn't have taken as long as it took me except that I followed the directions. Don't follow the directions. You can't put the table together in the way that they tell you to do it. Best to put one leg on..attach the bottom shelf on one side..and then add the second the second lieg, that worked. easy peasy. It appears durable and sturdy and at least functions better than the ottoman cushion I was using before. Dimensions advertised are true.
After assembling 3 of these (2 side tables and 1 coffee table from same line) here's what I found - the boxes arrive and they are VERY heavy, especially the coffee table. The parts are nicely packaged, but the instructions should be modified - the tables have a shelf which should be inserted after the first set of legs is attached. If you try to put the shelf in after both legs are attached, you risk scratching the metal (ask me how I know) - the bolt holes do not always align perfectly, but with a little pulling and pushing, you can make it happen. Overall, I'm very satisfied - the tables are much, much heavier than I thought, and I'm happy with quality - it took a little over one hour to assemble all 3 tables and they look great!
We were looking for something with an industrial style to use for a media center in our small family room off the kitchen. This table fit the bill to perfection. The style is great and it is very sturdy. We were impressed with how well it came packaged. All parts were there and it was easy for the two of us to put together. The best part is that is looks great!
This table was the perfect size for our small living room and fit the scale of our small couch. We also liked the style of it (wood/metal) so we went ahead and purchased it. The holes that are pre-drilled are not in the correct places and we had some "editing" to do to make this table work. If you aren't willing to do that, or want to get a table that's ready to go right out of the box, I'd skip this one.
Great table and easy to assemble. The wood on it looks very nice. Also very sturdy, great quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is exactly what I was looking for to complete my new living room :-). Easy to assemble. Great colors. durable quality. Hex wrench included for assembly. Overall I'm very pleased with table. I only wish they manufactured it slightly larger. But it will work!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great for price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
The coffee table is attractive and sturdy. I'm using it to hold a medium size glass greenhouse. It was a little difficult to put together. Definitely a two person job.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Failrly accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description.
As many other reviewers already mentioned - if you are looking for a distressed metal coffee table this price cannot be beat. The distressing doesn't look totally natural, but with the wear & tear it will get in my home, that will work itself out soon enough. One caution - although the assembly was quite easy, the underside edges of the shelves are rough and caused a pretty nasty splinter early on, so be careful. It is a good height (seems taller than most) and I love both the storage and the look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Reviews helpful
Arrived early, well packaged. This a beautiful table, clean open lines. The color is more of a dark brown than grey. It fits into my small apartment living room with no bulk or fuss. One of the reviewers noted that the bottom self should be inserted first...THIS IS GOOD ADVICE....LOL! I was able to get the whole thing together with lining up the holes with the screws and then tightening them all at the same time. Its a sturdy, coaster- required piece, I would definitely recommend it
I just got this table yesterday, and it is very nice. It was heavier than I expected and was packaged well inside the container it was shipped in. It comes in only4 pieces; the table top, shelf, and two legs. It had 22 screws and took less than 10 minutes for me to assemble myself (I used a power screwdriver with an allen head bit - not the little allen wrench that it came with). I polished it up with some furniture polish and started using it. The distressing in the wood is pretty accurate to the photo but, the color is much darker than the photo representation, which is why I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars. I was really hoping it would be more like the photo color, as I was hoping to add some lighter pieces to my living space, but overall I am enjoying it. It is made of real wood, which was the reason I chose this product, I do not like veneered pressed board. If you are okay with the color being darker, you will love this table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the picture is MUCH lighter than what I actually got
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I was dissapointed about the color, I guess they call it grey because they get the weathered look with a grey dust over the brown. But I would never call this table grey, it is medium-dark brown. The quality is good and it looks wood but if you are looking for grey or light color this is not your table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is not grey at all, dark brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good, sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good except for the color
I have had this table now for a few months and absolutely love it. I just recently went into a boutique type store in my neighborhood and saw a very similar piece that was WAY more expensive. This piece is just what I was looking for - industrial and a good combination of metal and wood. The weight of it is great too because other inexpensive tables I tried had that hollow sound to the top which was an obvious indicator of the quality. The size is perfect for my TV room, which is on the smaller side and it goes great in front of my sectional sofa. I would definitely recommend this table to anyone!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color looks even better in person. Very industrial/rustic.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this piece is great. It is a nice heavy table.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The product description is very accurate.