I wasn't sure what kind of coffee table I wanted so decided to get something low cost while I continued looking. This fits bill perfectly. The color is a dark brown, so I sanded it to uncover the weathered gray finish beneath. I didn't finish it with anything, just left it natural wood. It's in a room with Lee chairs and couches, large Pottery Barn clock, and Restoration Hardware media center. You would not know I only spent $120 at Overstock on the coffee table. It fits in perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? , it's dark brown- not the light weathered gray shown in picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate except for color.
This is a great piece. I am an Interior Designer and I bought this for my own house! I was very hesitant about ordering furniture online but the piece is solid wood and took 10 minutes to put together. It' s a great looking piece that gives a little rustic/modern look to your seating/living area and was exactly what I was looking for. The price can't be beat!
I loved the design of this table. It is a sturdy table with good weight to it. The crossbar is in the middle of the table, which is much better than expected (I was afraid it would be at the back). Really lovely frame BUT the wood is NOT what I expected. It's a weird dark brown color. Very coarse and has a weird tint to it. NOT anything near a shade of grey. Just dark, ugly brown. I'm going to keep it for the great price and try to resurface it myself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NOT accurate at all! They should change the name of this table.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and sleek
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Size / design was accurate but the wood is totally different.
I bought this for my living room and once I opened it decided it was too "cheap" looking as the wood looks fake...I thought this was make from actual wood, and it might be but the glaze they put on over the top makes it look cheap. It was not as wide as I had hoped but was impressed with the metal construction. Though I did not put this piece together (am returning).. it seemed to be of adequate construction, minus the look of the wood.This could probably be corrected if sanded down...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheap look but good construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The "shabby chic" element of this table is horrible because it is simply repeated several times across the table making it look ridiculous. The same 3-4 scratches appear exactly the same in a few spots. I tried sanding it down but there is such a thick layer of gloss (not shiny) on top that I need to get a rougher sand paper to try to sand out the uniform scratches. Was also given a bolt with no threads to go into a nut to hold the legs together & had to call to request a new set of hardware. Don't bother with this table, regardless of the price.
The wood top looks like cheap partical board- I was disapointed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It isn't gray and it isn't brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not any better than the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
We actually purchased this coffee table to use the base only to support a marble coffee table top we already had. The original base was a massive, dark, "black hole" and I liked the clean, simple lines that coordinated with some detailing of the tabletop. The wood top is an interestingly distressed slate grey-black that creates a serviceable transitional style with the matte black, contemporary metal base. It was easy to assemble. it's not a heavy nor heavy-duty piece; it could be just right for college or apt. dwellers that don't want heavy furniture to move all the time. It is current looking and something you wouldn't worry about stacking decor on or using as somewhere to rest your legs watching TV.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The top is darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Probably equal to the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accruate
The fake, laminate, table top is a light, khaki, tan color. It is NOT grey. (The legs are grey.) It appears as 3 fake pieces of wood with fake grooves to appear as 3 pieces, yet does so, cheaply, and clearly appears as Made in China. There is nothing "rustic" at all about this table. The "reclaimed wood surface" feels like a cheap. laminate counter top from the 70's. It is a heavy table with a modern design. The description could not be more incorrect. BEWARE!!!
Love the look of this table but looks cheaper than I expected. I bought it for our basement so it works fine, just thought it would be a more substantial piece for the price. Color is what I expected. Legs are more of a brushed metal and I was expecting it to be more rustic, artisan. Probably would not buy again.
I ordered this table because I like the look of wood and metals combined. This table was reasonably priced, very sturdy, SUPER easy to put together, relatively light-weight for being as sturdy as it is. There are marks on the top to make it look worn/weathered, but you can tell they were made by a machine (or something) because it's 3 dots and a slash in various parts of the table-- weird but doesn't really matter. This style with the cross bars (as opposed to the sister style with the bottom shelf) is a little less nice-looking. I would've preferred the bottom shelf, but didn't feel that it was worth the additional 50% of the cost. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. It is a great minimalist piece, which will work best for people who don't have a lot of space (the table is long but not very wide), and is a refreshing change from Target/Ikea furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fair -- a little less gray
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Surprisingly sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We're overall fairly pleased with this coffee table. It's very heavy and sturdy, and the cross-pieces are attractive and well-made. I'm a bit disappointed with the top wooden piece: the description claims that it's "reclaimed wood," but the pieces are all identical and appear to have machine-made little dents/scratches to make it appear reclaimed--only they're in the same place on each board! I should have known it wasn't really reclaimed wood for the price, but I was hoping it would be! Unlike some other reviews, our color was a fairly close match to the picture--a medium gray-brown.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not a great match: claimed to be "reclaimed wood" but definitely didn't look like it
The finish is distressed so beware. I like it but if you are looking for something that is smooth, this table is not for you. Easy to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not so much gray, more of a dark finish but not black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Just got the table today. Shipping was super fast (3 days). The table is simply awesome. It looks just like reclaimed wood, is very sturdy and easily put together. It has the look of a much more expensive table and fits perfectly into my living room. I would not only buy it again, but also recommend it to anyone looking for a simple, yet stylish coffee table.
When I opened the package to look at the table top, I did not even want to open it up further. It looked like a piece of plywood with 3 lines. My husband insisted that he put it together and maybe I would change my mind. Nope. Being returned ASAP! So disappointed!