Bought this desk and the matching coffee table for our beach house sun room and they are perfect! They are transitional in design so go with our somewhat eclectic decor and they are so easy to keep clean - from sand and spills. The "wood" look is great as long as you don't expect it to look like high grade genuine wood - but the material is great for us (doesn't look like ticky tacky plastic). Most people think we paid much more than we did - as similar products are always for sale in shelter magazines. Would buy these again!
It's an well designed desk, sturdy and stylish. The finish of the wood isn't what I was expecting. It has some white in the grooves wood which at first struck me as a little odd but it's grown on me. My boyfriend works at it all the time and he says that is comfortable to work at, "ergonomic" and that its wide and spacious. He also really likes the storage compartment. All in all, great desk for the price
It was really easy to put together, and seems like a quality product so far. The top of the desk is real wood, not the usual fiberboard or other cheap stuff. I think it's definitely worth the money and love the fact that it has the hidden compartment.
I don't know if it is packing material or what but this came with a white goop all over the top that has been impossible to clean all the way off. So the "wood" has a whitey ting to it. Not ideal. Otherwise product was as advertised. Easy to put together.
I bought this desk to fit in with my "updated midcentury modern" design in my house, and am very happy with it. Easy to assemble and sturdy. The size is just right for my guest room, and does not look imposing due to the clean lines. The top is not A+ grade material, and has a little bit of a striated rustic look to it, which I think would rule it out for going for a super high-end look, but it is still visually appealing.
It wasn't evident to me from the picture of the desk that the desk surface has lateral grooves extending the entire length of the desk. This makes the desk problematic for writing on so I returned it. Customer service made the return easy and hassle free.
Other reviewers mentioned they had issues installing the desk but it took me all of 15 minutes. Make sure you use the right screws.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The top of the desk is lighter in color as other reviewers have mentioned. I didn't mind it and gave the desk an industrial/rustic look to it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's not high quality but it serves me well for a desk.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate with the exception of color.
Overall, I'm very happy with the desk. It's modern, and yet the finish of the wood tones down the contemporary look, so it fits into my space, which is a mixed of modern and antique. Easy to put together. Assembled it in 1/2 by myself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The wood is a little lighter than in the picture. The color is more like a beige color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not bad quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate description of product.
This shipped quickly and was a snap to assemble. The top is beautiful. The door doesn't sit exactly flush with the rest of the desk, but it's not something I'm worried about. There's a unique white-wash to the wood that gives it a reclaimed-wood feel, but it's very smooth and practical. Gorgeous desk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's got a pretty white-wash effect that you can't see in the photos.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very