This umbrella must be bolted down. It tips on it's own, even closed in a general wind. I have a stone patio so I cannot bolt it down. The crank and angle works well. Color is great. Good news is that it has fallen over repeatedly and seems to hold up to that action without bending or breaking (it's only fallen down when we are not around).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. generally ok / good
The shipping box was actually pieced together from some other boxes, as the original product carton was all ripped up inside. A single sheet of paper had the instructions, the base needs 4 bolts, which were not in the contents. Could not assemble, bolts were missing. Another minus, the lower tube has a part that fits into the top half, it was held in place with a single pop rivet that left it sticking out at an odd angle. Pretty shoddy assembly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not the best.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close.
Nice umbrella, seems sturdy. We did have to put some bricks on the base to keep it from falling over when it is open though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? really close in color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
It's been years, and I keep getting asked to review this product. I didn't want to because the product was so bad. Pieces were missing in the pole. I had to work with the manufacture. Total nightmare. I kept the waterproof umbrella fabric, but the stand blew over and took me forever to assembly. Not good quality. Lesson learned. You get what you pay for (most of the time)
I am sorely disappointed in this umbrella. It came with no screws to put it together. I bought screws to put the base together at the hardware store. It is extremely easy to put together, but it is top-heavy and will not stand up on its own. The base has to be weighted down in order for it to stand, which is a bit difficult since there is nothing to put sand or water in. I assumed that since it didn't include something like this that it would at least stand on its own, but I was wrong. The umbrella does not stay fully open for long. The handle that turns to crank it open does not lock or stay in one position, so you have keep cranking it back open because the umbrella starts to close. I don't live in a windy location, but the least amount of wind shifts the umbrella causing it to squeak like it's going to break. I just noticed yesterday that this swaying/squeaking is actually causing the metal to bend and crack, and it looks as though the umbrella is going to break at any moment. Don't waste your money on this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is poor. After just a few weeks the umbrella is already on the verge of breaking.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.