This chandelier is stunning. The crystals are real and the unique frame sets them in such a way that they are light and airy and very sparkly. It doesn't look overly rich, just very pretty and I think it will look fantastic installed over dining table - like jewelry for the room. One note is that the wire hooks that hold the hundreds of crystals in place seem a little flimsy. Also, it seems that overstock is new to shipping to Canada, and as such we had a few hiccups in the ordering process, but overstock fixed the problems in the end and we received the chandelier within 3 weeks of placing the initial order.
We got this for our baby girl's nursery, it looks great! It was fairly easy to put together, most crystals came pre-installed, wrapped in protective padding. There was one long string you have to attach around the middle "equator". The crystals are nice quality, glass/crystal, not acrylic. One was chipped pretty good, and a few other edges were rough, but they include several spares of each size. I didn't bother replacing since you can't even notice when installed. I installed three 60W clear bulbs, and installed a dimmer switch on the circuit, it gives off plenty of light. There were no wiring instructions included, make sure you know what you're doing if you DIY. I like the way all the light shines through the crystals, though it does make for an interesting pattern on the walls some may find distracting. I like the clean crystal look, there are no distractions from the frame, fixture, or bulbs. Definitely looks great in person, better than online!
The crystals are very prismatic. Just gorgeous. Sparkles, has plenty of light to lilluminate a small room perfectly, and the shape is just what I was looking for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Prettier in person!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful!
I wanted lots of sparkle in a not too big chandelier and this product delivered just that! Most of it was already assembled. I just needed to attach the center row of crystals and the bottom dangle. It is not made out of plastic which I appreciate.
I hung this chandelier over my antique claw foot tub. It looks absolutely perfect. My husband put it on a dimmer switch which really is fun to play with the depending on what kind of lighting you want. When it is on full it is quite bright and sparkly. During the day the a kelidoscope of color is scattered all over the room just from the sunlight hitting the crystals. As others have stated the crystals are plastic, but this is no way detracts from the degree of sparkle or bling that this chandelier gives off. You again would only notice if you are handling the chandelier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Like previous reviewers have stated the chrome structure in the center of the light is a bit flimsy. You don't notice it unless you are handling the light.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate.
I was looking for a less than traditional chandelier but at the same time, it had to be elegant and classy. The picture of this item seemed to fit my need, but when it arrived, I took out one of the crystals to verify that the other reviewers were not exaggerating about the sub-standard quality of the crystals. They were all right on the money. I have bought other crystal chandeliers from Overstock at about the same price, and they actually had crystals that had the prismatic rainbow effect I was looking for, and I expected the same from this. Unfortunately, had to return it, at my own expense for the shipping cost of $**. Regrettably should have heeded other reviewers input and saved myself some money. Don't make the same mistake I did.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Chrome color was exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. "crystal" as described is not the real crystal
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Misleading
It came almost completely assembled, all I had to do was put few crystal strands together. The frame came intact, nothing was damaged. The ball hanging at the bottom is either crystal or glass and heavy but rest might be plastic (i could be wrong), but!! first word or impression is "PRETTY". The light is very sparkly, modern and chic. I got it for bright beach house dining room which get alot of natural sun, I haven't hung it yet but my only concern is it migiht be too much bling for a room with direct sunlight (I held it against the sunlight and "oh my"). Definitely puts out plenty of little sparkle patterns all over the wall against the bright sun. I'm afraid it might blind us time to time but I LOVE BLING and that's never an issue!! :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good - not out of this world but you get what you paid for
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought it for the baby room, and it does the job, looks pretty, enough light for the tiny room, and sparkles. However it is sooooooooooooooo poorly made, I feel like for this price they could at least use glass instead of plastic. I did not expect swarovski crystal, but not cheaply cut plastic either. Wanted to send it back, but by the time I got home my husband already put it up. It does look pretty, but it is one of those things: I know it is not what it could have been;)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine, it is colorless
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor quality, most of the 'crystals' are plastic, for this price for such a tiny chandelier i expected glass
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? so so
Really nice product for the price. Purchased for a very feminine and elegant bedroom, did the job perfectly. Prismatic, gentle light. Looks way more costly than it was. A great value and option if you don't want to pay $1000+ for crystal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Gooed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Shows a lot more expensive than it was
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty Accurate
I was looking for a chandelier that would hide the actual light bulbs and not the typical candlelight type. This is perfect and better looking in person than online. We hung it above our master bath tub and it is beautiful. The lights are somewhat hidden in the ball of the crystals and when lit, the sparkles created from the crystals on the ceiling and walls around make it look even prettier. It was easy to put together (most was done for you in the package). Very happy with this purchase and how it looks in our bathroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I have seen a lot of chandeliers - some high quality, some not so great. This one is really excellent for the price. I think you could easily pay $500 for something similar in a store. It has real quality crystals, not glass gems like some of the cheaper chandeliers you see. It also comes 90% assembled with lots of extra pieces which is wonderful.
Wonderful chandelier that arrived in great shape. Very lovely when all the crystals are on and will be beautiful in my client's new master bath. We wanted something crystal over the new soaking tub and this is perfect in scale and design!
I bought this last year & it's still my favorite light in the house! It is gorgeous & gives off great light for our dining room. It projects "sparkles" on the ceiling, which I really like for the dining room. It isn't overwhelming, just enough to give a nice ambiance to the room. I also purchased a cord cover to go over the silver chain. It gives the chandelier a more finished look & also looks very expensive. I love the quality for the price! It was the perfect light to finish the look of my dining room. I have received many compliments on it.
From far away, this chandelier looks really amazing. Close up, you can see it's a knock off of something vintage and prob made out of nickel. The crystals are prob glass, but they are heavy and sparkle a lot. I haven't hung it yet, but once it's up I think it will give my bedroom that special hint of class it needs. It's def worth the price.