This unit lasted only 12 months - it's too much money to spend on a product that lasts only 1 year. My previous dehumidifier lasted 4 years. It also goes into defrost mode at temperatures slightly under 60 degrees, so it's not very effective for cooler areas like garages and basements.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? not good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
We used this dehumidifier for three weeks. We kept thinking that we might get used to the dull roar, but we never did !!! We were hoping that by using the unit, we could turn down the central a/c, but it was just toooo loud. As a kicker, when we checked our energy consumption for those three weeks, the electric bill had GONE UP by nearly $100.00. FOR THREE WEEKS!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. way way way too loud
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate as far as a physical description
We had a small water leak in the basement. Bought this to help with the mop up. It barely got the humidity down, ran it for 2 weeks straight and got no more than 30-35 pints a day even while there was water all around the unit. all surrounding conditions were normal. It's also one ugly looking product. I called the manufacturer edgestar hoping to fix any problems and was basically told to return the unit if I was too happy with it. sounds like they're quite aware of this problem.
this item was used during the summer and spring months. my electric bill was very high. i have been told i should have used ac instead of dehumidifier. will say there was no smell in the basement and everything was dry. amazing how much water came out of the basement. only thing will say the electric bill was high since nothing else has changed
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality was good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? yes
Great to have this delivered. It is a solid,well constructed, dehumidifier. Open the box, plug it in ....and it works! What could be easier?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy & efficient
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I would recommend this product. Bought one for my mother's house. Dried up area very quickly. Works well. Humidity control is perfect. The "odor" of the basement is gone, worked within 24 hours. My husband couldnt believe how much water came out of it. Once we were sure it as working well, we set it up with no problem to the hose. Very happy with product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as pic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Dehumidifier dried our basement and got rid o the smell in less than a day. Pulled so much water out of room we didnt think it was that wet!! Worked so well, ordered another for my mother's downstairs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Very pleased with this dehumidifier - It dries out our basement beautifully. Easy to set up and use, and quiet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate, but not important
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I am the second family member to purchase this dehumidifier. This is the best unit I have ever had. I highly recommend it. A third family member is about to purchase one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Best bang for the buck. Quiet, efficient, good job.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
product works great as advertised. this unit is much quieter than my old model. price was better than other units of the same size.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
Just got this -- so far so good. It's a nice neat unit and very easy to empty the water: and ther's been a lot!!!! Handles my entire cellar (which is about 40" x 30") with no problem. I really like the convenience of the water tank being in the front of the unit - makes it much easier to empty. Also comes with attachment if you want to hook up to something so you never have to empty the tank.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I've used this dehumidifier for a few months now -- through some seriously heavy rain storms in North Carolina -- and it seems to be doing the trick of keeping my basement dry. The dehumidifier I replaced was very old; so there's not really a suitable comparison between the two in terms of efficacy. This one, as a few people have mentioned, is pretty loud. I can hear it from my basement all the way up to the second floor of my house, even with the door closed. I don't have it set up to drain externally and have to carry the water upstairs to dump it. If I wait until the well is completely full, it's pretty heavy to carry -- if you have trouble with heavy loads, it might be better to go with a smaller capacity.
I purchased this to replace a whirlpool gold dehumidifier. That one only lasted a year and a half. This runs in a basement that gets damp when it rains alot. It dried up the basement very quickly. It seems to be alot quieter than my previous one. (for a demudifier). I like that the exhaust blows up instead of to the side. I also read some reviews for this model that said they had to find a hose to adapt this to hose drain. Mine came with an adapter for standard garden hose connector. I used the drain hose from my previous unit. So far I am very pleased. I only give it 4 stars because the true test will be 2 years from now if it is still working. You can't beat the shipping cost either!
After reading all the positive reviews I oredered this. Shipping was great, product was as listed. It is louder than my previous model, and it runs VERY loudly when it is defrosting. It seems to be in defrost mode more than regular mode. My previous dehumidifier lasted for about 8 years and didn't run anywhere near as much as this one does, and it was a smaller unit that worked just as well. My electric bill dropped about $15.00 when my other dehumidifier quit and now has jumped $6.00 since plugging this one in and it's only been 3 weeks. I'll have to wait another full month to see if it effects my electric bill more. Again though, this thing is crazy loud and gets even louder when it goes into defrost mode.
We are using this a few feet from our bed. It provides a white noise. Our last dehumidifier was so loud it made it impossible to sleep. So far we haven't had this dehumidifier freeze up and we like to keep the bedroom cooler while we are sleeping. It takes the humidity out quickly.
I waited until I used this machine for 3 weeks before I posted a review. Sometimes you buy something and it's great at first and then.it's not so great...................! Well NOT THIS! My husband and I have had a cabin on the lake for 5 1/2 years and every winter we have had severe "sweating" on the windows and doors due to using unvented gas heaters. This is the first time that we've ever not had to have towels down to capture the moisture. There is NOTHING to dry up! The windows are completely dry! It's just amazing. We have to empty it once a day and it takes 65 pints of moisture out of the air. I don't understand how the thing works.....I only know that it does and if you want an excellent product to remove moisture.....click on this one and put it in your shopping cart!!!! You won't be sorry!
We purchased this unit for the garage. We installed drywall throughout and store our ATV toys plus a sound system also. We needed to remove the moisture to protect our investments. Very easy to use and empty. The temperature has to be around 50 degrees or so to work, or it freezes up. This has been a great little unit, energy star rated.....every little bit helps! We would recommend this unit for anyone with too much moisture & need to protect their investment. Overstock.com, Thank You! :o)