The 5 piece Dining set was ordered about a month ago. The shipment was split into 3 boxes. The first box had two chairs and the second box, days later, had two chairs. The assembly was easy and the chairs looked great. The table was shipped a week later but never delivered, apparently due to damage in shipment. It was sent back to Overstock.com. Three phone calls later, Overstock located another table and it was delivered today by UPS. The box had gashes in it and when I inspected the parts, three items were damaged where the wood was impacted and the broken pieces were inside the box. I put wood glue on it and it is currently C-clamped until it cures. It will need further touch-up later. The dining set is a great design and I like the style. I have been shopping on the internet for years but this is the worst experience I ever had.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, damaged in shipment
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We had an expensive 7 piece set that we had moved around with us as I got transferred with my company, When we got it we were in a larger more elaborate house. Then when we retired and moved into our cozy little lake house the set seemed too large and too fancy for this setting. As we got older the scrolled metal chairs also were too heavy for my wife's arthritic hands. The new set is perfect. It is small enough for our lake house but would be lovely in any setting. The style and colors look great with our other furniture as we have a combination living/dining room. And we were surprised that this table has the "cracked "glass center area directly above a shelf that is under the center of the table. The picture does not do this justice!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This quality of this set is as good or better than any found in a high end furniture store
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The final produt is actually better than the description says
Could not have made a better decision purchasing this dining set. I love it and so does everyone that walks into my kitchen. My kitchen color scheme is green. And to my surprise, the centerpiece is cracked faint green glass. It was meant for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Rich in appearance
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very