I really wanted to like these curtains because the quality is very nice and the cotton lining is thick and soft; however, the color is not at all like what is pictured online. I expected the color to be a little off since that is usually the case with online shopping, but I did not expect the color to be way off by THIS much. The Beige is more like the tan color of a brown paper lunch bag, and the Sea Foam Green is more of a dark sage. I wish these curtains were a lighter color as shown in the picture, but unfortunately I will be returning them. I recommend these curtains if you are looking for tan and sage curtains, but NOT if you are looking for light beige and light sea foam green curtains.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The Sea Foam Green is actually a dark Sage and very green with no hint of blue. As many reviewers have said, the Beiige is actually a tan. It is more more tan than I expected-- like a brown paper bag
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Despite the color, the quality is very nice. It curtain has a taffeta look and fee with a white cotton lining--very soft and almost like felt.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate b/c the color was way off! The description should say Tan/Sage and NOT Beige/Sea Foam Green.
These panels completely fooled my installer, who's been in the drapery business since 1975. He said, "This is a very expensive fabric." I said, "IT'S POLYESTER". He almost fell off his ladder. He thought it was silk. He was also very impressed with the interlining, which makes the panel hang so much more beautifully than just a single lining does. This is the second set of these panels I've bought. I also have them in a different color in my living room. This particular panel matched the website photograph's color perfectly ... no surprises there. For the price, these panels are simply unbeatable. When I told my installer how much I paid, he flipped. Overstock, never stop selling these panels!!! They're perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. superb quality ... interlined with flannel, quality workmanship throughout
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
If you are like me and searched for a long time to find reasonably priced drapes but in a longer length w/ designer fullness etc that you don't worry about every five seconds, then I think you will be very pleased with these drapes- I ordered samples from custom companies and looked at local custom drapes $$$. I didn't even love many of the silk fabrics available, and this stripe faux silk looks elegant and expensive. I checked out some high end retailers for drapes and on ebay, and this quality for the price surpassed anything I found. They are very full, interlined/ lined, and hang beautifully in my bedroom framing the whole room- You can tell this when the box arrives,and it is heavy !- They are folded very neatly in the box and are just very high quality. I got the 108 , even though i really needed a 103 custom length thinking I would alter them, but I was able to puddle them- and they look fantastic!-- i saved so much money purchasing these drapes!-_ The color is maybe a tad darker in person - the blue has some green in it, but it ended up blending and looking fabulous with my blue barreled ceiling-- thank you overstock for offering hard to find items at great prices!- I hope this review helps someone else -- my sister is ordering the same ones in a different color variation for her bedroom, because she liked mine so much.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was true if not a tad darker-- depends on lighting in room i think.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality - the curtains sheered ? on the wooden 1 3/8 in curtain pole like a dream yielding a high end beautiful look -- no clips needed!-
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Perfect! Stunning in bedroom. Certainly much better than expected and comparable to custom made drapes. Very happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Beige was a bit darker than expected, but blends beautifully. Green not really seafoam, but soft bluish green.
Overall the product is fair. It's lined which in my opinion is a plus; however, the colors displayed online are NOT the colors of the actual drapes. The beige was about five shades darker. Almost like a mocha color. The length was also off by several inches so it did not fit my windows as I had hoped, despite the colors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors did not reflect to the actual merchandise once I revised it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Silk was okay.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate at all.
These were nice curtain panels, but similar to other reviewers, I found they were too dark. The picture online makes them seem lighter than they are. I took a gamble, but ended up returning them as they were the wrong color for my room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual product appeared much darker than picture online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed to be a high quality product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description online was accurate
To my disappointment I had to return the drapes WITH MUCH REGRET, only because the color did not compliment my decor. I now ordered another pair and I hope the color matches, I will be very disappointed if I had to send them back. I shopped at many department stores for drapes like these and none could come close to the quality and price of these drapes. LOVED THEM.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I could not believe the quality of these drapes,they could not have been better.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I bought these curtains and then discovered I had purchased the wrong length. They are NOT RETURNABLE. However, I liked them so much that I sat on the floor of my bedroom and hemmed them myself by hand. I looked into purchasing custom made drapes at a cost of $5,000. Then I explored similar curtains on Restoration Hardware but at a cost of $2,000. Then I found a third discount drapery site and found similar drapes for $900. These may not have been silk but they look beautiful and for the price and even the inconvenience of having to hem them myself - I still got the look I wanted at a price I can live with! $$$ and free shipping!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More turquoise than blue - but the description did say sea foam green
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. top quality - loved the fabric and the lining
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
They are excellent quality, the lining is very heavy - close to black out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, exceeded my expectation
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
These are beautiul drapes for the price. The quality is very good as well as the weight. The color did not work out for me and I am returning them. It is a bittersweet return because I really love them. My walls are golden and the beige just does not work welll . I thought they looked more gold on the website but they are very dark beige. If the colors work for you , don't hesitate because they are really very beautiful.
I have ordered 5 of these sea foam colored faux silk shades so far. I have just hung three of them on a large window and the rest two will be custom made into matching roman shades. Overstock is offering a fair price for these beautiful draperies that looks almost like custom designer curtains. I paired them up with a champagne colored heavy duty curtain rod and my bedroom is instantly transformed. One thing I'd caution is to check the drapery carefully for any running thread. One of them had to be replaced because there were too many blemishes it almost looked like coming from a different manufacturer. Overall, a great purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
These curtains are so rich and expensive looking. No one would ever guess they were not custom drapes. The colors are true to the website. Soft gold/soft blue (almost aqua). They are heavy and lined with a heavy interlining and back lining so no sunlight gets through and hopefully no fading. They do wrinkle very easily.
I originally purchased one set of these for a guest room. Loved them so much, I took them out of the guest room, bought two more sets and put them in the living room. They really are that nice. "Seafoam" is not the color I would use to describe it. It's not quite a Tiffany blue nor seafoam green... It's somewhere in between those two colors. And I'd say more of a "sand" than "beige".
The actual curtains themselves are great. They are heavy and they have a nice lining. Also, the value is unbeatable. But the color is completely off. The 'beige' is more of a mustard yellow. I bought these over a year ago and I kept them because I got tired of searching for curtains this size and I thought the color would grow on me. But, here I am a year later and searching for new curtains because I can't stand them. I am here to warn you: the color is not accurate!