I already have two fondue pots but when i saw this one on Overstock i told my Husband about it and he liked it to. Its great how you can melt the cheese and cook food on the same plate. You can control the heat and keep food warm on the under plates. It cleans up very nice. We are very pleased with this item and glad we purchased it.
Did Asian boullion in the pot to cook shrimp and grilled marinated beef skewers on the grill. Melted cheese to pour on roasted potatoes and veggies. All cooking surfaces worked well and were easy to clean. Cooked on the highest setting and nothing burned.
- How is the quality of the product? Works great. Very easy cleanup - nonstick surface works well.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? As described.
I bought 2 - neither got hot enough to grill vegetables. I was very disappointed in this product. I am giving them to goodwill - I won't try to use them again. Frankly it was a waste of money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is rather cheaply made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? minimally accurate
I've always wanted to do hot pot at home, but it takes so much effort to get everything prepared. When I saw this item, that gave me a great incentive to do fondue/grill at home! I haven't tried it yet, but given what I saw, I will definitely have a great time in grilling and cooking food in broth! I also like the size - it's personal size. I could even have the fondue / grill - by myself. Just the right size! Now, I am thinking I need another one, just in case a friend comes over. :-P
I love it! I took a gamble because it was cheap. Used it once so far. Easy to clean. Had a broth in the pot to cook shrimp. Cooked muscles on half shell on the griddle. We were able to keep enough food cooking for three of us. Good value!
Package arrived on time but since this is a gift i cannot give a more comprehensive review until the product has been used but upon inspection, it is well made with lots of features and would stand out at any party. I would recommend it to anyone who entertains alot.
I love it! My husband loves it! He has as much fun as I do chopping everything up and cooking his own stuff. We both love the option of fondue or tempura, and the grill or the broil options make this a very versatile kitchen gadget. Try it, you'll love it too!
Would not bring water to a boil. Afraid to rely on it to thoroly cook the food...Will return unit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
I was disappointed in this product. The photo showed a very interesting-looking appliance, but did not show how cheaply made this product is. Metals way too thin, parts don't fit together very well, and there's no instruction/recipe book. I have to go on line to find fondue recipes. This appliance should have included some. Not sure how it will hold up. Thinking about returning it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? doesn't apply here
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sharp edges, flimsy metal, plates don't fit very well on stand. Pot is very thin metal.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site description would not have told me about how cheaply made this product is.