I'm on the fence on this one. The canister does much better than the upright on smooth floors; stairways, and getting under furniture. The upright does much better on carpets. Hmm. The revolving carpet head on the canister is useless--it is not motor driven, simply functions by the air being sucked up by the vacuum motor. Only works some of the time. Since we no longer have any wall-to wall carpets, it's OK (for the price, I wanted wonderful!). If you have more than small area rugs, don't buy it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
I was expecting the best of the best from this Dyson vacuum, my house has mostly hardwood and 3 large area rugs. I was expecting this multi-floor vacuum to do a great job on both. However, it didn't work on 2 of the rugs, my $100 hoover does a better job. I don't have any pets but lots of socks lint from the kids. This vacuum doesn't pick up lint even after I run it over 3 times on my area rug. It is amazing on hardwood and that's what I expected from paying this price range. The vacuum is easy to use, easy to store and the extra tools are helpful. Very easy to dispose the dust and dirt when done.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same as the image
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Suction is great but doesn't work on some area rugs
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As descripted
this doesn't seem to have the power that I would have expected from the Dyson brand (I have 2 Dyson uprights). The control on the handle to change from beater brush (rugs) to bare floors is faulty. Takes numerous attempts to get it to switch itself from one mode to the other. A nuisance.
We just bought this to replace our Electrolux. It was time to have a vacuum that filtered allergens. We think it's a wonderful vacuum with excellent suction. Check out other sites for reviews and you will see you are buying a product that is durable, and a solid investment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent suction.
I am very happy with my new vacuum.It was all that I expected. I will recommed to everybody
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate
I was very impressed with the speed of delivery to Switzerland. In this case just 3 days. Regretably for me after assembly, I checked the voltage requirement and found it to be wrong for Switzerland. Customer service arrange all paperwork for the return of the item which also took 3 days and I received full credit. Service was second to none and I would consider buying items again which are usable for me in CH.
I own a DC24 and I bought the DC39 as a present for someone. We tested it out and the suction was so strong, almost a little too strong, my DC24 doesnt come close....sigh... I might consider getting myself one too. At first it seemed daunting when we opened the box because of all the pieces. It reminded me of the horrible IKEA products that cause marriages to end in divorce, due to frustration it causes from trying to assemble them. Luckily, it was pretty quick and easy to put together, phew! I love Dysons and I think the DC39 is probably the best one yet. Keep up the good work! I just wish their prices would go down so that the commoners could afford one. They are missing out!
Love this vacuum. The only thing that is hard to get used to is the floor head pivots, which is nice sometimes, but frustrating others. Also the on/off should be on the handle. Everything else is perfect!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
This vacuum is very durable for such a lightweight vacuum. Although I think my upright Dyson cleans better due to it's construction and power head, this cannister is very durable, gets the job done and stores easily in a closet or small space. Works terrific on hardwood floors and pet fur. I like the ease of use of Dyson products, ability to take them apart easily and how maintenance free they tend to be.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is exactly same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
al;though this vacuum cleaner does have a good suction , when trying to vacuum the floors the tool piece at the end is small and doesn't cover much area. It makes cleaning more area hard because the design of it is small. Im sure if they were to correct this problem the machine can do more area in less time I love having a good cleanining product and don't mind spending money, but come on Mr Dyson, you need please redesign this feature. The rest of machine is fine, although I still don't understand where they come off charging for a machine that is entirely made of plastic.. Im disappointed, but will keep it as I think sending it back may be too much trouble.