I have wanted a Dyson for many years and even though many of my colleagues (I worked in the housewares industry) assured me that it wasn't really any better than most machines of it's type, I still dreamed of owning one. Now I do and I am very happy with my purchase. It does exactly what it claims and is all that I expected and hoped for. The ease of turning in crapped areas and the pick-up are just what they advertise. And as a refurbished model there isn't anything that I could see that would make me believe it wasn't brand new. The only thing I can say that made it less than perfect was merely an aesthetic on my part; the colors are orange and gray except for the top handle and the upright-release bar, both of which are red. That discord bothers my artist's sensibilities but I can deal with that since it enables me to clean my floors with such ease.
I have wanted a Dyson for a while but it seemed like a lot of money! I normally buy a new vacuum every 2 years anyway so I figured I would go for it. I got a refurbished one and it looks brand new. It picks up everything - very happy w/ my purchase.
This vacuum arrived last night and I couldn't be happier with it. Very well-designed, unbelievable power, light enough to carry upstairs-- this dyson is all its supposed to be. Buying a reconditioned vacuum was a great decision; we saved tons of money and got a high quality product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top notch product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This vacuum is definitely easy to steer, as advertised, and appears to do a good job cleaning. It's relatively light, and the Transformers-ish features make it kind of fun to use (but you're still vacuuming!) I don't think I would have paid the full price for it, but it's worth what I paid for the refurbished model.
We recently purchased 2 DC25 refurbished vacuums. The price was great. When they arrived one of our employees who highly recommended the Dyson has owned exactly the same models. She could tell that one was about 8 years old and the other at least 4. But refurbished one would hope all is well. The older one made a very strange noise everytime it is turned off. So I called Dyson and they were very nice and arranged for me to take it to the nearest service center which is about 45 mins from here. It won't cost me to get it fixed. I guess I just want to register my disappointment is getting a vacuum that possibly is 8 years old and did not come in A+ working order. I would not have minded getting two 4 year old vacuums... :( I know everything will be fixed right but wish I had gotten a new vacuum as they will be used a lot!
The vacuum has great suction - to the point that it pulled apart one of the carpet seams and ruined one of my throw rugs. Be very careful when you use it. It's also REALLY loud! It's great for just about anything needing a vacuum - cars, rooms, furniture, etc. The hose is stiff and hard to pull out, even though I've had this for a year. My biggest complaint is with the bagless feature. I've always had bagged vacuums and thought this would be great but I absolutely HATE it! No matter how you empty it (directly into the trash, into a bag, etc), there is dust and dirt that escapes which defeats using it in the first place. If you like bagless, it's a great vacuum. You see the dirt accumulating in the bin as you go - including pet hair and the "flour-like" dirt that seems to be so difficult to get. I keep the windows open a lot so my house gets dusty fast and this vacuum gets it. But when you go to empty the bin, that same very small/fine dirt seems to escape back into the air. I hate even emptying the bin in the garage! If you like bagless, this is a great vacuum and came in great shape from Overstock. For me, however, I've just ordered a refurb'd Hoover Windtunnel bagged vacuum (like my old one before it died after 20+ years). I'll sell this one and never go bagless again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I was surprised at how great this look and how well it works. So glad that I went with the Refurbed Dyson
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks like it is in perfect conidition
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This is my second dyson machine I bought the DC 24 3 years ago and loved it. Stepped up to the DC 25 a little bigger machine lotz of power easy to use machine right out of the box. You can't tell that its a refurbished machine it looks and runs like it's brand new. I can't wait to purchase another!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. NEW Looking - runs like a champp
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
The Dyson works exactly like new. It had a few scratches on it and didn't look new from the factory but it works perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I was not sure about the refurbished model.. but after reading all the reviews ... i decided to get a refurbished one. i could not get myself to pay the full price of a dyson. It works like a dream, easy to use and picks up dirt! I have a dog and he sheds... this picks up all his hair plus more! I'm glad i bought it from overstock
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the colors were DIFFERENT! it is not yellow and gray. it is orange/ gray and red....?? i still like it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looks and works like NEW
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good