A really great price & a very nice pot rack. Thanks again for a job well done.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I would not recommend the product. First, of all the assembly instruction guide is almost useless and it does nothing to help non power tool savvy customers. The fact that the wood pieces of the rack can be damaged when inside the original packaging does not set well either. Don't be fooled by the "Rack is easy to install and includes all hardware needed to set up," part of the item description. I will say the wall rack looks nice, just not close up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just like it said, espresso and nice.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Most of the pieces seem crudely made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Mostly accurate
I gave this pot rack 4 stars even though the "out-of-the-box" performance was, well...iffy...at best. The overall design is wonderful: it's sleek and compact/the hanging system is point by point movable/it looks incredibly rich when in place. BUT... the quality control person at the factory was asleep on their job, I think. The stainless steel supports, while lovely and rounded, needed FOUR drilled holes for the hanging, and somebody forgot to drill ONE of them! Luckily, I have a friend with a drill press as the supports are of a quality stainless steel, meant to handle any kind of load. Then? When that same friend went to install the thing? There's this 36 inch shelf that tops the whole deal (it's great for decoration purposes: I put my big stockpot and some coffee pots up there), well? The very thin shelf had become warped while in the package. We were able to position it, cupped side down, and make it work though. Still, with all the manufacturing defects taken into consideration? This thing is unbelievably AWESOME. I've had alot of pot racks in my time and this design cannot be beat for both functionality and overall esthetics.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. see review title
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? didn't say how great this pot rack actually is
This pot rack looks great and is a nice space saver in our small kitchen. Two things kept me from giving it five stars. 1) The hooks slide around so when I try to take a pot down, I often slide it to the side instead of pulling it off the hook. 2) The top shelf is so narrow, nothing will actually fit on it. Overall, though, I'm happy with the purchase.
I am in pan heaven. In fact, I now stay home from work just staring at my pans. If they weren't so beautifully displayed, I wouldn't think twice about them. But now, they are showcased like pieces of art in a museum. I'm going to order out tonight, because I hesitate to disturb my pans.