If you opening is less than 48" (mine was 44") just use your own common sense and cut the top and bottom rail. (Lay the sides down and measure across the whole thing THEN do the math) The instructions are not helpful during this part. Keep in mind the sides add to the width And this is nearly impossible to install by one person. The glass is very heavy. There is nothing this nice in stock at any home centers in my area. If you get that funny feeling that you found an awesome deal.. its really true. It does get shipped on a big transfer truck, which I thought was cool. He (the driver) met me at the grocery store and I just put it in my truck and took it home. IT WILL NOT FIT IN AN SUV. I hope this helps.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual color of glass is better than photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality, like something you see in a nice hotel.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I had been looking for a shower door for my fiberglass one-piece shower for a long time. I selected this one because of the white color. Sometime the chrome and even nickel finishes look cheap. The white color blends in with the shower and looks great. The door is solid and I love the frost color. You can't see in and you can't see out, which was a must for me. I hate seeing the shampoo bottles and with my kids constantly coming in and out of my bathroom, I wanted the privacy. Installation was typical for a shower door, I think. My father did it; all the parts were there. It did take all day but that's because the door is taller than the shower and he wanted to fill the gap between the frame of the door and the wall (he did using a rectangular piece of a white fiberglass outdoor fence.). One piece of glass is stationery, so it takes a little getting use to, both from having to reach across the door to the wall for my towel and for cleaning purposes. But I always clean my shower while in the shower, so that's not a big concern. I must mention the shipping of the door: site says up to six weeks, well, I received it three days after placing the order! And it arrived in a corrugated box surrounded by a wooden pallet! Excellent shipping materials. I wasn't worried about anything being broken. After having the door for about a month, I am very pleased with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? White color, as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The shower door was just as described in the review, it's a nice sturdy weight, easy to move back and forth. Our only problem was with the directions, not real clear, but our installer knew what he was doing to figure it out. The first doors that were sent had a scratch on the stationary glass, but the company sent a replacement out quickly. The delivery company our area used was not really the best we had to go a pick up the doors "ourselves," drive about 15 miles and have them put in our van. This possibility should be know to the purchaser BEFORE you order them, it was a minor hassel for us. The shower doors are very nice for the price, delevery not so much!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
I would highly recommend this product! It's a beautiful shower door and it's very durable. I'm so happy that I decided to purchase it. It really makes my bathroom look pretty. My only recommendation is that I wish that there was a towel rack on it but other than that, it's perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks better in person and the frosted doors are very nice!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, very durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect and it fit perfectly