I purchased this door for a modern town home that has a beautiful tiled shower/tub. Hiding the design work with a shower curtain just wouldn't do it justice. I had a professional install it as the instructions are TERRIBLE. He also used his own anchors since some of the included parts aren't the best quality. It took him about 3.5 hours and it came out perfectly. Keep in mind that there is an arm/bracket that goes from the front piece of the door to the inside of the shower. This is for stability and absolutely needed. If you are tall or the tub is very narrow it could get in the way. With this being a door that opens out towards the floor you will definitely have some water dripping onto the bathroom floor after a shower. This is unavoidable, unless you have a longer bathtub where you can get out of the tub without opening the door. We're talking about a few drops, so it's not really a not a huge deal if you have a bath mat. Overall it's a sweet looking door, well made and highly recommended.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This is the most beautiful shower door I've ever seen. My handyman just kept talking about how amazing it looks. Installation wasn't too bad. It took him about an hour or two. Contrary to another review, it DOES come with the support bar. The stationary part of the shower door attaches in 2 places on the wall, one on the tub (you have to drill a hole in the tub), and the support bar. Make sure you have plenty of carbide bits handy. The door part just hangs on two hinges. I was really nervous but it is very stable. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that there are silicone strips that go on the door between the stationary and the swinging part. These make the door difficult to open and require a bit of force. We removed the bottom one just because it was too hard to open and close. So if you are expecting this to swing freely, it does not. Otherwise, great product at a great price! And did I mention it's BEAUTIFUL?!?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Don't forget to use the coupons available on this site. Just go to search and type in coupon. Cheapest price around but you have to use the coupon. Wow this thing is heavy so you'll need two people for the install. Open the box as soon as it arrives. There is some policy that is included in the box that any shortage or damage must be reported within several days or claims will not be honored. My box was very damaged, not sure how the glass made it in one piece but after unpacking it all was ok.
This door has a great look and was not too difficult to install. You need to have the right tools to mount the glass panel to the wall as drilling into tile in my case was required. Not a problem since I already owned the necessary drill bits. My biggest complaint is water leaks from the two large buckle style hinges. They need to do a re-design on these. I re-installed the clear strips per the manufacturer's instructions and they still leak. They were nice enough to send the replacement clear strips free of charge, but didn't fix the issue. Since the door was much cheaper than any local installer estimate I would be willing to buy replacement hinges that actually keep the water in if they were available, but to my knowledge do not exist. We put an absorbent bath mat that catches the drips from the hinges.
We are happy with this shower door. It came to our house very quickly considering its size. It took three of us to do the installation, we needed to hold it while some of the parts were attached. The door swings well, As long as you use caulk in the recommended places there are no water issues. The door does not move while being opened and shut. Its a good product.
Our 150 year old stone house has 18" deep windows. The views are incredible in every direction. We needed a shower door that did not block the bathroom window and the light and view from that window. I knew I wanted a bench at the end of the shower to sit to shave my legs. Also the Italian tile was too pretty to cover up. With so many concepts to balance in the decision making I searched for days. I wish I could send you a picture of how well this shower door resolved all my issues beautifully. I only wish I had a secret to keeping the hard water dots off. We end up using a squeegee after each shower.
Finally installed my shower doors, they look fantastic, were real easy to install, The chrome is beautiful, the glass has a little tint, Gives a nice updated look to a bathroom. Would highly recommend. I have been purchasing from overstock for years and they have always had great quality products, their customer service is always top notch. Thanks again Overstock for another great product. I still have a kitchen to remodel so I'll be back..........
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? nice shiny chrome
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Everyone keeps asking me where I got my bath/shower door. Works perfectly. Looks beautiful. Really makes my bathroom stand out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent descption
I was surprised to see the glass door had arrive in 4 days, a lot earlier than they said. So I called the handy man and he installed the door the next day, so from order to installation was 5 days!! Better than trying to make a appointment with the original vendor who want double the price for the door and the installation. So guess what? I got the door and the installation faster and cheaper. The door is beautiful, it has clear rubber edges on the bottom that keep the shower water from dripping onto the floor like my old shower curtain, it makes the bathroom look bright and open and there was not a single hitch in the installation, all the parts were there as promised. It is very secure and works beautifully....Thank you OVERSTOCK!!! Another success!! Joan in Stamford, CT
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect!!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Absolutely perfect!! One tiny imperfection on the glass at the bottom of the door about the size of a safety pin but otherwise it was beautiful.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate the picture on Overstock was very helpful, I was able to determine exactly what I needed from the picture.
This shower door has a very unique custom look. The installation was easy to do. Very satisfied, will recommend to all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality good looking door
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Wanted something 'different' for my new bathroom. This fit the bill.This door is very sleek. I didn't want any tracks to clean anymore. Saw the same door in a "home Improvement" store at almost double the price! Very happy so far...
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, Glass is nice and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I bought 2 to update both my bathrooms. The price was so good and shipping was ultra fast. Delivery was estimated at 6 weeks but arrived in 10 days. I am always impressed with Overstock's shipping. I had a handyman install them and it took him about 2 hours for each one. Look great and very modern. Many complements from friends.
Product is good and feels solid. Some good things to know are that it doesn't fold on itself...only 90 degrees in and out, the rubber slides that make the door watertight slip off sometimes and will eventually need replacing for tightness
5* on beauty and quality. 4* on functionality. I really love this glass door. My only complaint is that it does not have a rubber underneath half of the door. Needless to say my bathroom floor gets a bit wet every time I take a shower. Now I was already aware of the impractical nature of many of these glass doors. But I chose beauty over function. I am trying to find a rubber that will fit under the door. So far no such luck. Whenever I get annoyed about this slight hiccup I just look at how beautiful the door is. It was very easy for the workers to install.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Glass is clear. It is not frosted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Dreamline provides a bottom anti-water strip that should have been included with your door, which will eliminate the water leaking from under your door when properly installed. We can put you in contact with the manufacturer for a replacement anti-water strip if needed.