I had been looking all over for a tower media storage with oak wood. Other places I looked either didn't have a tower or it was only in black. Overstock.com was the only place I found what I wanted for a pretty good price. The only thing that I may have had a slight case of cold feet about was the assmebling of the tower. I mean I don't consider myself a handy man and am usually not too good at putting things together. However, even for a non-handy man like me, I found it very easy to put together. I took me under an hour to put it together. It could probably take someone who is good with tools even less time! It is also a good looking piece that doesn't take up much room, yet holds alot. I am very happy with this tower and would be willing to buy another one as soon as my current one if filled up.
This is a great media tower. Very sturdy and attractive piece. Simple to put together. The shelves can be modified as needed (moved up or down) for various size media (DVDs and CDs). HIghly recommended!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I believe the twin tower (not 9-11) is well designed, constructed, and the assembly instructions areexcellent. I wish I had discovered this unit before I had purchased some single unit towers. Onlysetback is the fact that it quite heavy and cannot be handled by just anyone, but that's to be expectedwhen using compressed material.
I got the black version and the shelf fells a bit flimsy, it looks good very in my room. My only complaint is that it came with several surface irregularities. In a couple of places the surface was cracked or protruding, and required touching up. A black marker was included for that purpose - perhaps its a common thing.
I am a review reader, and the previous reviewers were spot on. This is a cabinet that will sit all day long stored with CD's, DVD's, or like at my house, with VCR's tapes. It is not going to get a lot of abuse, so it should hold up well. It's very easy to put together. Pay attention to where the holes are in the three long pieces,when laying them out. (I didn't...) If you do not have a rubber mallet, use a hammer with a towel, when you are putting the top and bottom base on. When you go to nail the back piece, here is my trick: Place the back panel so it is even on all sides. Then, slightly lower it, and mark the sides of the middle divider. Do the same for the bottom. Draw straight lines from the top to the bottom -- no one will ever see this lines. Now, you use those little nails and nail in between those lines, and the back panel will be secure with no nails shooting thru! And one last comment -- I put felt pads on all four rear corners, so it wouldn't mar the wall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
I suspect this is a fairly good product (time will tell), but I was pissed to find that the center pieces were both cracked beyond repair on both units (I bought 2). The good news is that I called the toll free # and they put 2 new parts in the mail pronto. They're really good looking pieces of furniture to be just made of composite board. I have two similar larger stands that are solid oak, but wasn't able to find anything like them in the size and style I wanted. Assembly is incredibly easy, except that, surprisingly, putting on the cardboard back is without doubt the most difficult part of the whole process. I'm told I'll have the replacement parts in 9 days - no cost to me. If that's true, I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying them. They maybe just need to find a little better way of packing for shipment. Perhaps they need to make sure that the center pieces 9which has holes drilled completely through them, and are therefore not as strong) need to be packed in the box with the sides under and over them for protection. The odd thing is that the shipping boxes looked fine upon inspection. Anyway, it is a nice looking, solid, economical solution to CD/DVD storage............
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. see below.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The Media Tower fit right in with my other furniture and was just the right size for the area I had available. I'm an older woman and having all the pieces there with east instructions to follow made the assembly easy! This was my first purchase from Overstock and it was so positive that I'm sure it won't be my last.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes - fits with other furniture just great!
- How is the quality of the product? Great - all the pieces were there and it was easy to put together!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes!
I looked everywhere for this media shelf but could not find what I wanted until I came to Overstock.com. There it was at a decent price. It takes up little room and has plenty of space for a variety of media. One problem I had was the lack of sufficient dowels for placing the shelves. Overstock did not follow through when I contacted them about the insufficiency, so I went to a local hardware store to solve my problem.
This is a great piece of storage furniture! It was easy to put together and it's extremely sturdy. And it holds, like it says, over 300 CD's! I would highly recommend this - and indeed, I bought a third one because we had more CD's than we thought! :)
Easy to assemble, sturdy and very attractive unit. I ended up ordering a second one. I was a bit concerned when I first opened the box. The pieces were covered in dust/sawdust, but it vacuumed and wiped clean easily revealing no nicks or imperfections in the wood. Very good value.
I had one that was a single tower and just could hold enough movies. this one is perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was just what I expected. It looks beautiful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Assembly was a little challenging for a "Mature Lady". I did it by myself. The only problem I had was with the finishing nails. You have to make sure they are driven in straight. If I can do it, anyone can put this together who can follow instructions.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was a little darker than I thought it would be but it blended well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The item is solid. No feel of it falling over.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It met the claims of the website.
I had been searching for a long time trying to find a CD storage unit that looked nice, but had a reasonable price tag and this fit the bill perfectly The unit went together in less than an hour and is super sturdy, no wobble at all. It holds all of our CDs and there is room for more. Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as pictured
I absolutely love my new media towers. I have so many movies & they all fit neatly & decoratively on these shelves. The color is spot on & the towers look like they are actually apart of my den. I ordered two & I have one on each side of my flat screen. These affordable towers look expensive & adds sofiistication to my room. I will definitely be ordering more items:)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate