This was my first purchase from Overstock. My goal was to find a basic sofa table, on the narrow side (14") I am very happy with the table and with Overstock's service. The table arrived just as described and just as promised -- on time with all the pieces intact including a 1-page list of parts w/assembly instructions. I put it together in less than 1 hour. Time includes unpacking, checking to make sure all the parts were included, and putting it together by myself. (It would probably have gone faster if there were 2 of us.) The finish is a black distressed or antiqued look. It could easily be painted black (automobile spray paint), if that's the look you want.
I needed a slender buffet table for a client to use for serving wine and displaying glasses. It was hard to find one this narrow with a distressed finish and smoky glass. We used it in a room that has oil bronze light fixtures and bronze,counter height stools. The table metal is somewhat blackish/silvery/iron colored - it would work well with many darker metals. The finish is very versatile. The assembly was easy. Shipping was quick. It is sturdy enough for its purpose and looks much more expensive. I see there are over 200 reviews of this product so it obviously has mass appeal! Don't be anxious about the negatives in some of them.They must have been unrealistic about their expectations. I would buy it again without hesitation and definitely recommend it. Its size makes it a very useful piece for a narrow space or a hallway. Overstock certainly finds some great products. I love to use them. Thanks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? they call it distressed - it has a varied patina which is what I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. for a small side table/buffet it is quite adequate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate - don't know why a few other reviews complained about the finish
I bought three pieces in this line. The sofa table, end table and cube. The style and airiness of the glass shelving makes my small living room appear larger. Assembly was quick and easy, but some of the screw holes were not aligned quite right. A tip for those who buy, do not tighten the screws down as you go. Leave them a bit loose until all the shelving brackets are connected. Then tighten all. Leaving some "wiggle room" makes aligning the screws easier.
Do NOT purchase this, the welds pop of when assembling, it should be about $20-30 for this. The legs apparently aren't welded to the screw plates level so the legs bow, then when you try to insert the shelf it automatically pops the lousy small welds. Must be made from aluminum foil because it's NOT sturdy welds or sturdy type metal, VERY bendable, thus it pops because it's like peanut brittle. OMG! Don't waste THIS MUCH MONEY on it! NOT WORTH IT and it's very small, ugly paint. I'm so upset I spent this much money on it, I will never buy anything from Overstock ever again, and I WAS a good customer. SMH!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? UGLY
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. CRAP
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? NOT EVEN
I like the the table, it fits just right in my little dining room. I saw this similar style in Pottery barn but way too expensive, though they both similar in style, pottery barn has made on iron cast and overstock made of metal. The only concern is the color, its say its black but it wasnt fully black..so I sprayed it with black to match with my other iron cast side table. I suggest for those who doesn't like the color..spray it with black before assembling it. But all in all..table is fine, if you are looking for not so fancy table that fits your small space...this table is perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? did not like the color..
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
This table was the perfect size for my foyer so I took a chance and ordered it. I was really impressed by how easy it went together. I also liked that it comes with pads for the feet so it does not scratch up hardwood floors. Very solid and sturdy for the money. I would recommend it.
With the caveat of warning them about how it's put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color and product matched the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. How the table is put together is poorly designed; the metal angles you put the screws through are welded together well but not welded at right angels, so it was hard to get it together at right angles. I feel like I'll have to check it monthly or every other month to make sure screws and bolts are not loosening. The metal is heavy as is the glass, so it's hard to trust the design in it holding together-especially when putting things on it. I have plants on it, violets on the second shelf where they get indirect light.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate in that they warned you you'd have to put it together. The design flaws need to be corrected.
Needed an entry-way table that was narrow and long. This one fit the specs. I wanted something that was "light" in appearance. This table is functional while unobtrusive. I followed recommendations for assembling another metal table: setting all screw in place and lightly tightening, until I could get it squared. Then tightend a few turns at a time, on the diagonal. Used my own wrenches/tools. I did spray paint it with a textured cooper/brown spray. The original paint job is not very attractive. Delivery was prompt and glass was well protected. All parts were included and well-packed.
This table can be found at another retailer ** for $***! Found it here and had to have it. One of the metal tabs was missing on the lower shelf, but the glass still sit perfectly with out wobbling, so I didn't return it. I just place lighter things like family photos on that shelf.
The black is not black but rather a attempt at creating a "distressed" look by painting black streaks over a flat silver finish. The look was a miss (or a mess even), but I liked the simplicity of the design, so I decided to buy black spray paint to make the piece work for me. The only distress was mine when I opened the box and found one of the glass shelves broken in a million pieces. Thankfully, a call for a replacement glass hassle-free.
Although the price was good but quality is not. The legs were uneven and I had to improvise a solution. The legs were hard to tighten and the connections were too visible. To make it look better I bought some spray paint and painted it more of a brass antique. The two coats of paint seemed to stabilize the table......weird.
Love this in front of a window with plants on it. Very contemporary and clean looking. Little awkward to put together but worth the efffort.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On target
I think it's a great value and nice look. Very happy with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is black with "silver scratches" that are supposed to resemble being distressed, I suppose. If you didn't like them you could easily paint over them.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Glass seems to be high quality, not at all foggy like some cheap glass. Metal pieces aren't exactly straight, but it works and was well worth the $.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate other than the distressing
I bought this table after reading all of the reviews online. I received it very quickly in the mail, and we assembled it easily. From the reviews, I was expecting the metalwork to be heavier-duty. It is a brushed hollowcore metal finished in a matte finish with some distressing. It looks nice, and since we were putting it behind the couch, we kept it. I would probably not have kept it if it were going to be standing alone in the room.
I was looking for a narrow sofa table that would not take up too much space. This item suits the purpose but I am disappointed in the appearance. The legs are crooked and the finish looks cheap. I might paint the table eventually. If I knew then what I know now, I would have kept looking. Fortunately, it was not that big of an investment.
A nice basic black table. I am using it in my dining room. It was pretty easy to put together. The finish is more of a distressed black with silver underneath. I would recommend this product as it is a good value. I can see using it in the future as an entryway table, plant table or media console. It's a good piece to have for the home.
Great table for narrow spaces. I actually bought this table for plants between the back of my couch and the window and it is a perfect fit. The black is very distressed. I considered painting it black, but found it looked great as is once in place. Easy to assemble, with minor wrestling to line up holes.