This is a beautiful vanity. At first, I was concerned about purchasing this vanity because someone had written a bad review. But now I am very happy that I did so. The vanity looks great in my bathroom and I think it was a good value for the money. Note that the vanity that was shipped to me had a marble top with a lot of grey streaks it looks very nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes. The marble has a lot of grey streaks.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The wood vanity is manufactured with solid materials that look nice but there needs to be more care in constructing the piece. One drawer arrived misaligned so it would not close flush with the vanity and the marble backsplash was glued unevenly. The holes that are drilled are non standard so it's not possible to use your own faucet. The faucet that comes with the vanity is fine but it means that you're not able to match hardware to your shower and tub. The marble top is constructed with 2 pieces of marble to make it appear thicker --- it's not one single piece. We had to pay our contractor to fix the drawer and will need to pay to have the holes re-drilled or a new piece of marble used.
Have a big problem with this vanity - it's quality is definitely lacking and the description doesn't match what you get. We definitely need more storage space, but wanted something that had drawers instead of a cabinet. The description said "4 drawers" - False! It only has 2 drawers. The upper "drawers" are really a pull-down door (like a sponge holder for the kitchen) so the upper drawers are totally useless, and now half the storage space I was depending on is non-existent. The countertop is laminated marble which I don't normally have a problem with since many countertop installers do this all the time, but the one I received didn't have the pieces matched properly so it's totally obvious that it's been laminated. The other issue are the drawers. They don't close all the way. Don't know why this should be so hard to accomplish, even the cheapest cabinets get this part right. This is the most disappointing experience I've ever had with Overstock. For the price, it really should have been much better quality. Really feels like a cheap 'Made in China' piece. I'd return is but my husband threw out the packaging before these discoveries were made. The only reason why it's even getting two stars is because at least the dimensions are right. Real bummer!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close - the photo appears to be an espresso. It's actually black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Unsatisfactory for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate!
This set includes a vanity, marble top, undermount sink, faucets, water supply tubes, spout, drain, and wall-mounted mirror. The Overstock website description of this item noted that assembly is required, but I had no idea Id be completely on my own as far as figuring out how to put things together. No instructions were included nor, as it turns out, are any instructions available. I tried for several days to get the instructions from Overstock but finally I was told there are none because professional installation is required (not mentioned in the description). I contacted the manufacturer (or importer, as this is made in China), Design Elements in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, who also told me professional installation is required and would provide no information. By the way, if you install this stuff yourself youll void the warranty. Design Elements couldnt/wouldnt even tell me what hole diameter I should drill in the wall for the plastic anchor plugs for the mirror. I was told professionals (wall-mirror-mounters?) would know these things. The price was right for this set, but youll need to decide if you want to pay the bucks for professional installers (including wall-mirror-mounters) or do it yourself and void the warranty. I couldnt find any wall-mirror-mounters in the yellow pages so Im going to try it myself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? About the same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks OK but have not assembled nor installed it yet as no instructions are available.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not so much. Site says all 4 drawers are functional but upper 2 are merely tilt-down doors that lead to a small ledge. Although you are advised that assembly is required, you are not warned that you'll have to figure it out without instructions. Site omits crucial info that warranty is voided if you install it yourself. Site says shipment will be 2 boxes but actually 4.
We're happy with the vanity, but the delivery was kind of a nightmare. The freight company gave me a window to wait, and then proceeded to come an hour earlier -- when I wasn't home. They tried to do that again the next day. When we finally received it, it was missing the mirror. Tonya from Overstock customer service was very helpful and said a new mirror could be shipped a few weeks hence, so we decided to wait. Two weeks after the due date for the mirror, I called and was informed that they had no idea when they'd receive another shipment. We were very disappointed since the wood on the mirror exactly matches that of the vanity (hard to find elsewhere) but were given a generous refund for that part of the set. The sink has a small hairline fracture on the underside which we don't think will affect the structural integrity, but time will tell. Other than that we're happy with the vanity itself - great quality, hardwood, dovetail drawers, gorgeous marble top and backsplash. Just hoping we can find a mirror that will fit the rest of the bathroom and match the vanity.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly darker wood.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, solid wood. Sink has a hairline fracture. Vanity top is beautiful marble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.