I agreed with a previous review- these curtains are not black out, but more of a light reduction. If you are set of these, but need blackout, you might want to consider an additional layer of curtain underneath, or look at other options. I do like how they look though, with a slight shine that makes a more 'boring' color (natural) have some depth. Once they are ironed and hung they are light weight, hang well and look great.
I am very sensitive to light and wanted these for our master bedroom - even moonlight will keep me up. We bought an "ensemble" including 2 sets of panels (4 panels total), a curtain rod, and tiebacks because we only had wood blinds in place prior to hanging these. I had actually resorted to stringing up black trash bags over the blinds, too, and I think they blocked more light! After all the effort to put up the curtains, we will definitely be keeping them - and the look is very rich. However, I was disappointed that the description for "blackout curtains" was inaccurate, and I am still plagued by moonlight and up with the sun. I think an extra panel or two would help, though we have a nice fold all the way across, but alas they are out of the Viridian color! Also, FYI for future buyers, the back/liner is plain white (not the same material as the front). I am still giving it 4 stars because they are a great look for little cash. If you NEED blackout, keep shopping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The look is expensive on the front, just white lining on the back (bad surprise), but overall good quality for the money.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I wish the description shared that it had a white foam (?) lining like other products I avoided did.
Overall, I was very happy with these curtains. My guest bedroom has three windows in a row requiring six curtain panels. These curtains look almost exactly like the lightweight panels I had put up in there along with cellular shades, but since many of my house guests take naps during the day, not enough light was blocked. These polyester curtains look more expensive than they are, and they have a white liner on the back of them, but they are certainly not blackout curtains. These block significantly more light than my unlined, lightweight panels did, and they darken my north-facing guest room during the day enough for naps. If I were looking for true blackout curtains to accommodate night shift work and daylight sleeping hours, I would look elsewhere.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. look more expensive than they are!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? these are light minimizing curtains, not blackouts
I bought these drapes for a guest bedroom that has a lot of southern exposure. I wanted to keep the room darkened and keep the summer heat out of the room. These drapes really work very well. Since there are grommets, of course some light comes through at the top but almost all of the other light is blocked. If you want to nap in the day, this is a good product to use on your windows. The quality is very nice. I would really have expected to pay more for something this nice. I received these drapes in about 4 days after ordering. I really could not be more pleased with the whole process and the drapes. Highly recommend to all. I bought these in Natural color and love them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These drapes look so nice, hang well too and really do block almost all of the light.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I am pleased to say that the description was accurate.
My daughter was thrilled, I was happy she was happy and they didn't cost an arm-and-a-leg.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as intended
I bought these because I thought I'd save money seeing how two panels come in the set, the quality is suppose to be faux silk,but it's more rayon type quality. ummmmmm If these were reseverable it might up this rating, from the outside looking into my home you see white curtains :(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? somewhat