I bought this heater to heat our small bedroom which doesn't get enough heat in very cold days. The heater came well packed, works very well. The heater heats up quite fast and provides non drying heat unlike the ceramic heaters. It is on wheels so you are able to move it quite easily even if it is warm, it also is not too hot for young kids, so no harm there... I have to say that the heater IS for small rooms, we tried it in our 13 by 20 room and it did not help with heat much. It is light enough to also carry up and down stairs. Over all I am happy, it work where I need it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is as described and as expected. I am very happy with the quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
Our furnace died last Christmas Eve, and it was the coldest week of the year. Our DeLonghi heater literally kept us from freezing to death until I could get a new one installed 4 days later. It takes a while to warm up, but once it's going, it's very very toasty!
I bought this heater about 1 year ago and it still works great. The setting allows you to put in on the temperature you want to have continuously and it turns off once it reaches that point. I could hardly see a change in my electric bill.
I have this in a 12 x 14 room. It warms the room up very well. Has a medium and high setting. Even with the dial turned only halfway up and the switch on high, it heats the room up really well. To just take the chill off, one can turn the dial down and press the medium switch.
I use this little heater in the garage where I feed an occasional stray cat and a visiting o'possum and raccoon in winter. I feel confident that it is safe enough to run all night unattended and it has gone through one winter without a hitch. I made sure it is not near anything that might be flammable, just centered on the garage floor, in case it gets knocked over. Obviously I have to leave the garage door open enough for the critters to enter so it doesn't get toasty warm in there. I have come into the garage on more than one occasion early morning to find a kitty curled up next to it, so it clearly is somewhat of a comfort. I am very pleased with this product and would recommend.
THIS OIL-FILLED RADIATOR HEATER IS A GOOD WAY TO GET HEAT. IT WAS MORE EXPENSIVE ELSEWHERE. WHEN I WAS ABEL TO BUY IT AT OVERSTOCK.COM FOR A PRICE BETTER THAN ELSEWHERE I WAS HAPPY TO DO SO. I WILL LOOK TO OVERSTOCK.COM FOR FUTURE PURCHASING NEEDS. THANKS. L L M
We have used this type of heat in our home for years. We feel that it is the safest and most economical. This particular unit is priced very effectively and will get the job done. I prefer these over the forced air style space heaters.
Superb for my California climate!! Never once used my home furnace during our cold spells. Completely heats my 750 square foot condo. Great heat!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? EXACT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. FINEST QUALITY
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot ON
I have had one of these for years & thought I better buy another one before it quits I use it in the basement Keeps it nice & toasty
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Got this space heater to replace a similar model that finally died after 22 years of service. This is the base model - no frills - and works as advertised. I've only had it for a few weeks, but so far, so good. There is no oil smell during operation - however, I set the temperature very low, as the heat really cranks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was a match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was of a high order.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.
I am happy with this heater as it is quiet, and it keeps my room warm. It also seems to be safer as it is not as easy to tip over and it doesn't project "light" or "glow" so it's easier for me to sleep at night when it's on. One caution I would mention is that, when on, the entire casing is very hot so I would be very careful operating this around small children.
I have owned three of this very same brand (DeLonghi) but of older models over the past ten years; never had a problem and was completely satisfied. Alas, things do wear-out and I had to replece two units. Never paid more than $$ per unit and heated the back bedroom fine and helped offset heating oil cost. Picked-up an Intertek brand at ***** ..... $$. Slow to heat, hot to the touch but doesn't really effect the whole bedroom & just doesn't feel like the same quality of warmth. Finish the season with it - but investing in a DeLonghi next winter :(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very