Like most people who live alone, I don't cook all that much anymore, and my microwave gets used for just about everything. However, there are times when I really want something to be crispy and the only way to achieve that tasty crunch is in a real oven. There's just no way I'm going to fire up my big ol' stove/oven for one serving of leftover pizza, but this toaster oven works great for that. And I truly LOVE the Panini press, because I can buy a whole sub now and bring half home for another meal, and it heats up perfectly with the Panini feature. It's easy to make a few slice 'n bake refrigerator cookies whenever I have a hankering for fresh baked goodies, too. And that also makes the whole house smell nice and homey. (Microwaves just don't make a kitchen smell as good as real cooking used to.) The oven, baking pan, adjustable shelf, and ridged Panini grill are very sturdy and well made. Nothing is flimsy at all, and clean up is very easy. I can only find one design flaw. There are stoppers on the back to prevent people from using the oven up against a counter top wall. That makes the unit sit out from the wall on my counter a little too much and it looks like it needs to be pushed back out of the way when it's not in use. But, it's "in use" a lot, so I can live with that. Even though it was more expensive than a majority of toaster ovens, you get what you pay for; and the way I look at it, this is going to get a lot of use, and "I'm worth it!" Thanks to Overstock, I saved enough compared to the retail price to make my "Buy it" decision easy.
I am SO disappointed. Got rid of my old toaster oven because it was no longer toasting properly on the bottom. Well this unit does no better and the short timer is infuriating. Have to turn it full on (at the darkest toast setting) at least three times to get even a slightly browned product. The unit looks beautiful. I just wish I hadn't disposed of packing material or it would definitely be going back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? okay
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks good but functions poorly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? okay
I have been looking for one of these for a long time. I had a panini made by one of these ovens when I was in Italy years ago. It was great then and these are great now. Thank you Overstock for carrying this merchandise.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture of the product was very realistic" I had no surprises
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I haven't tried it as an oven yet, but the panini and toaster work perfectly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description.
Had a Krups toaster oven that broke after five years. This DeLonghi oven, which we bought last month, did everything my previous oven did, only better. The panini function works beautifully. It can be bewildering to remember which oven pan and rack height/position to use for the type of food you're cooking, as there are many, many options, but if you follow the instructions, everything cooks fast and well. It takes about 4 minutes for the toaster oven to preheat so that the panini function can work. We're very happy with this purchase.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Versatile -- works for everything from frozen chicken nuggets to panini
The DeLonghi Panini toaster is well built and looks good on the counter. We have cooked frozen entries, made toast, Has taken a little time to get used to the heats and the times it takes to cook or toast but it has taken the place of our 4-slice toaster on the kitchen counter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Takes a little longer to toast breads but does a very nice job on everything we've cooked.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent