I never bother writing product reviews, but i LOVE this couch so much I feel moved to do so now. And, I bought this couch because the reviews were stellar. I have to agree with everything I read--the quality is incredible for the price, its firm and comfortable (I wanted a firm couch thinking cushions will last longer than soft couches that eventally sag), easy to assemble, solid construction. The "small woman" who upended the couch during assembly to line up the holes in the frames using its weight was right on point--smart, easy. I'm on a tight budget and my house is very small (deep, narrow rooms so hard to fit furniture). I thought I'd have to wait years to get a couch for my space, but here it is: a great fit in every way. Looks great, feels great, fits great. Day 5 and I fell asleep on it last night; awoke this morning even more pleased. I've also never bought anything large online, nor have I ever shopped at Overstock. Won't hesitate to repeat either; I'm a new fan.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excelllent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes, but the reviews were the most helpful description
I bought this sofa for my study/guest room. It was really easy to put together. With help from a friend, we did it in less than 20 minutes. It looks good in my room, the fabric is good quality, and it's pretty sturdy construction. It's pretty comfortable too. It even has an option to have the sofa recline! I got a mattress topper to put on it when we use it as a bed, just for a litte bit of extra cusion. The only issue I have, is that the feet are not padded at all. So if you have hardwood floors, you'll need to do something extra to protect your floors. We just put a rug underneath. Problem solved.
The box came in all bashed and scuffed up everywhere on it. There were gash marks and holes punched through the box with styrofoam packaging material floating out. I was afraid to open the box and put it off as long as I could, readying my inevitable denial of what I was dreading to find. The outside appearance of the box concerned me even more because I was not ready to put the thing together yer- I also had to get rid of what it was replacing beforehand. Once I did finally get the thing unpacked, ready for assembly, the box damage was only that- no damage found on inside to the futon. Whew! (sigh* ....) I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a very sturdy and stable couch alternative. It's a keeper!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was EXACTLY the shade of brown shown on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The overall quality of this product was excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate and depicted the style/ versatility of the piece.
I needed a sofa for the finished basement children's tv room that would look nice and withstand active twins and this one fit the bill. My girls like that the arms come up, as they can add a pillow and lean against the arms. They open it up when friends come over to watch movies. My girls say it is very comfortable and "fashionable." Great sofa at a wonderful price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect Match!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The sofa frame is strong and the cushions comfy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Ordered this as emergency sleeping place for upcoming family celebration and got it in less than 10 working days. It's just a bit bigger than a twin bed -- for one or two if they really really like each other. Took 3 of us to put it together, but it wasn't a long process. Looks great, sits well, and I assume it will be a great sleep.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks pretty well constructed. Cover is zippered over cushions with metal frame.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact.
We are so pleased with this sofa! It was purchased as a sofa/guest bed in our guest/game room. It is a small room, so we did not want something to take up much space but we needed it to be both a couch and a bed. While I do agree with many other reviewers about the firmness of the cushion, my husband and I decided before purchasing this item that we would prefer a firm cushion to a too-thin hide-a-bed mattress through which our guests would feel the frame of the bed. I disagree with many reviewers that the instructions are not detailed enough; the instructions provide a picture that any person with any degree of mechanical sense can understand and follow. Further, someone with experience in assembling things -- not even furniture, just 'things' in general -- would likely be able to just look at the parts that are provided and figure out how to put it together. Everyone has listed their hints for assembly, so here are mine: 1) compare the three bars to the three sections of frame that they will attach to find the bar with holes that match up the best to each section (they are drilled slightly irregularly), and 2) use a C-clamp to pull the frame halves together the line up the holes when inserting the screws. Great piece of furniture, well worth the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color of item was exactly as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Just received the item yesterday, but it seems to be very well made and should hold up well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description hints at but does not specify that the back of the couch can be adjusted to 3 different positions: sofa back, reclined, or flat bed. Other than that, the description is quite accurate.
The couch is very comfy and I enjoy it. I seem to be having trouble making it go up/down. When I put it together it was flat and then I moved it into the couch position. Ever since I have not been able to get it back down. Which is fine for now but I know when I have a visitor I will need it down....
This sofa is NOT dark brown. I would call it charcoal. It's definitely a grey tone, not at all brown. It still matches, so I'm keeping it. Aside from the color, the sofa looks as pictured. It was very tough (to the point that I thought I was breaking it) to pull the back up into an upright position, but maybe it will get easier with time. The cushions are pretty firm and I fear that they will soon have permanent seat imprints because they are not very forgiving. Overall though, it looks modern and helps to make the room look un-cluttered since it is compact and sits off the floor. Much easier cleaning underneath as well!
I'm having a little buyers remorse only because I'm not crazy about how it looks. There is really nothing stylish about it - but you cann see from the picture. But for some reason I wanted a sofa bed, even though I never have overnight guests! I'm wishing I had purchased a nicer looking sofa, and just use my inflatable mattress for the occasional guest. Oh well. I put some colored pillows on the ends which helps - it covers the holes under the arm rests and improves the look a bit. As far assembly - it was easy, and like people say, sometimes its hard to have the holes line up. I don't have screws in 2 of them, but it holds well enough without them so far. My trick to help you line up the holes if you are assembling yourself, like I did - is to screw in the rods on one side and then stand up the bed so that the weight of the piece pushes down with gravity. This helped line up some of them as I didn;'t have a clamp that big to try to squeeze the 2 halves together. I was able to put it together myself with no help in about 45 minutes. When I was assembling it, I was sure it wouldn't bend into a couch position as I couldn't see how all the welded pieces from underneath would bend, but amazingly, once you have it assembled and put it on its feet, you simply pull up on the one end and you hear clicks and it becomes a couch. Problem is I don't know how to put it back down! If someone knows, can you send me the info at ***. I'm figuring I can wait until I have a guest, but it would be nice to know. Also - how do you put the arm rests down?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? acccurate
Was really concerned when I first got the boxes -- came in two giant, heavy pieces, and the cardboard containers were falling apart, leaving foam "popcorn" everywhere. I put it together myself in about an hour -- but I'm not a big person and it was a struggle. You definitely need floor space to work and the willingness to put in some elbow grease. Some of the screws just wouldn't fit -- but the structural integrity was fine so I wasn't worried. When it all came together finally, I was relieved. It looks great, and is actually quite comfy, though on the firm side. Used it happily as a couch for two months. Then, my first houseguest. It took two of us to fold the back pieces back down -- and we couldn't get them to lie flat. So it was slightly awkward/uncomfortable, but okay for family or a really close friend who might not care. But then...we couldn't get the backs to come back up! One side came up about a third of the way when we tried to return it to couch mode...but the other side is stuck flat. After two months...I no longer have a couch...I have a quasi-couch hunk of junk in the middle of my living room. Doesn't feel like such a great deal anymore!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good color match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's a hassle to manipulate, and stray threads scream "poor construction"
bought this futon for my 19 year old son's bedroom. He loves it. The sofa is very firm which i expected from another review and should hold up very well. I like microfiber as it seems to hold up and clean well. i also scotch guarded the fabric. The quality is there and the previous reviews where right on...Highly recommended
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
We received our sofa bed a few weeks ago and we really like it. It looks great in our finished basement and will be very functional as a bed or lounging couch. It is very comfortable and stylish. We have received compliements on it and are very happy with our purchase. I was a little nervous to purchase a couch via the internet...without trying it out first. Thankfully, the reviews on this product sold me and we took the chance...very glad we did. My only negative is that it is a little hard to put together and you probably need 2 people to accomplish....which is not a big deal.
The middle part that connects both ends had to be hammered and while i was turning it on it's side, one connecting piece slid all the way down. Now that piece is stuck inside and won't come out. I can't even put it together correctly. The reason I had to hammer one piece in is because there was extra metal inside the tubes that connect the two pieces. Would never pay 400 for it when it's not easy to put together. I bought a 120 cat house that was 10 times better quality. -B
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Holes were sloppy drilled and had to try to hammer one part in.
Excellent product for the price. Very sturdy, heavy, attractive furniture piece. The width of the unfolded futon, for sleeping, is double-width. A very firm surface provided by the thick cushions. A multi-purpose sofa alternative to a traditional bed for house guests. Highly recommend. Requires Assembly. All necessary parts and tool provided with directions.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well Constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love this futon! It was pretty easy to assemble. It is the perfect size and comfortable as a futon, recliner, and bed. Very happy with my purchase! The color is perfect. I could not have asked for a better price. Definitely a better unit than ANYTHING I looked at from other local retailers! Super happy with this futon!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact color as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality product for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Don't order this sofa unless you like sitting on a pile of cement blocks. I ordered this for my sister and she moved it from the living room into the garage!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so so
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
Love it and really comfy for a bed. No problem having our guests sleep on it with some nice sheets and a comforter
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantastic, firm mattress. Only "struggle" the supports to connect the two are kinda interesting to put together if you're alone, it took me about 30 minutes and a lot of
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? To a T
When the two packages arrived I was excited to know how long it will take me to put the sofabed together (because of all the other reviews). I have to say: it took me 20 minutes (I'm a woman) and the sofabed looks great. No tears, no missing parts (except the missing accent pillow which will be replaced). Sitting and sleeping on it is very comfortable as I like a firm mattress. I can only recommend this item. You just can't beat that price....!
The material and the color are fantastic. It was sent on time. The assembly was easy until you have to put it all together, then you need another person to push it together. It's a little hard but I have a thick throw and pillows. over all - great product.