I did A LOT of research on brands of cribs and DaVinci (brand name of Million Dollar Baby) met all the needs I had - safe, sturdy, convertible, and available in a color that will match (or at east go with and not horrible clash against) our existing furniture. The Kalani crib was affordable and the style of it went well with our taste and what was already slated to be in the nursery. This was my first time purchasing anything from Overstock, and my experience was great. I ordered the crib when I had received a coupon, and I actually went through eBates website, so I got cash back from the purchase too (I got an AMAZING deal...let me stress that....AMAZING). The first crib that showed up at the house - like 5 days after I ordered it...wow that was fast! - did have some damage on the box. Upon putting it together I noticed that the damage on the box lined up with damage on the crib. There were dings and dents along the headboard's slats and both side's slats as well. There was also a manufacturing defect on the one I had received. It seemed like the wood was splitting on one of the top bars of one of the sides. I called Overstock, placed my complaint and was told I would be contacted with in 2-3 days with instructions with what to do. The time between placing the original complaint and receiving my replacement has taken about 2 weeks, I have been kept up to date with all the information as to what was happening/when/ and why the entire time. The Customer Care associate that helped my out was great (Thanks XXXX!). While it stinks that I happened to get one that was both damaged from the warehouse or shipping and had a manufacturer's defect, it was really great to work with a great customer service. It was wonderful to have a company treat you with respect and really help you out to make the situation right. Overstock has earned themselves a to-be-repeat customer and a lot of good publicity from me!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was what I had expected. I was trying to find a crib that matched furniture that we already owned (mine from my childhood) which was a "golden oak" as well. They are a bit different, the crib is more orange than the other furniture, but it is the best match I could find.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The crib seems like it will hold up well. We are not expecting our little one until the end of August (but I found such a good deal that I bought it (really) early). I am expecting to have some scratches/wear and tear and time goes on and life happens - from reading other reviews I have gathered that the wood marks easily but I have yet to scratch or dent it while vacuuming and knocking into the legs or while setting it up. Overall it feels really sturdy too.
I ordered this crib to accompany an existing dresser/changing table in honey oak and it fits perfectly. The color is very rich and look exactly as shown in the photos online. Additionally, the crib is well made, and the different height settings are great. It also comes with the rail for transition to a toddler bed which is a nice bonus because some places make you pay extra for that piece. Overall, this is a well made crib, very stylish and a great price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, sturdy wood, great design
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I ordered this crib because I was looking for a crib that would match the changing table that I already had which was also in the honey oak color. Although not a perfect match it's pretty close and probably as close as I'll get. It's a nice sturdy crib although I haven't used it yet since my baby won't be born for a few more weeks. I do wish it came with a small drawer you can store underneath like another crib that I saw but it doesn't ruin the crib for me. It's a nice crib and excellent value.
This crib is nice looking and made of solid parts. The only down side was the parts were not labeled and there is a definite right and left side. Without the labels assembling the crib was difficult. There was one dowel hole that was slightly too large which meant we needed to crazy glue the dowel in place. It took about two hours for two people to put it together. Once assembled it was sturdy and nice looking.
In preperation for our first child, my husband and I didn't quite know what we wanted in a crib. The DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Crib with Toddler rail gives us many options for the future. It was shipped in a timely mannor. Our only complaint is that on the back side of the crib there is a small dent in the rail. We figured we'd save ourselves the hassle of sending it back since it's in a location you won't see... but it should have never been there in the first place. The assembly of the crib took my husband about an hour and a half. It's a classy yet practical looking crib and we love the fresh, natural appearance of the "wood."
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is very similar to the color in the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good for the price it is.
I was impressed with how lovely this crib is! It is solid wood and easy to assemble! And I love overstock.com's shipping cost! We almost bought the exact same crib from another online retailer but by buying it here we literally saved hundreds of dollars on shipping fees!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as shown on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is a well made crib and easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Bought this crib for my 9 month old to replace her "antique" crib. It is sturdy and looks very nice. Very happy with the crib and seemed easy for my husband to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Strong and sturdy