very nice wood blinds. shipping is very good, received in only few days, installation is very simple, just make sure your measurement is correct. My window is 70 1/4, this 70 in blind is a bit tight, if they offer 69 1/2, that would fit perfectly. Or you can trim a bit to the rail box to fit in.
Thanks to reviews left earlier, we decided to give these a try and are satisfied with them (we got the super white which is indeed a bright white). There were two minor issues and one bigger one with the blinds. The two small issues were that one of the pull cord knobs had come loose from the cord and getting the cord back through the knob opening was a little difficult. Another is that, despite the "Fragile" on the box, the metal bar at the top was dented. This was easily hidden by either the valance or facing out the window so we didn't find it a big issue, but as others have noted similar problems these should probably be boxed more sturdily. The last issue had to do with how much light the blinds let in. If they were closed with the slats pointing inward, they closed snugly. But if they were closed with the slats pointing at the window, there was a significant gap and they did not close all the way. We've seen this problem with other newer blinds as well and don't know why so many seem to close properly in only one direction as the older (plastic) vertical blinds on our other windows close firmly in both directions. Since these blinds are being used in a bedroom this is a particular problem because they don't block light as well as our old blinds did.
Not a bad blind and looks great, but I was super disappointed in the packaging. When we opened it, the metal valance had a huge dent in it. After all the unwrapping and drama of drilling holes etc, I didn't have the time to pack it up, ship it back and wait for a replacement. The blinds looks nice but beware, they scratch easily, so as you're hanging them, use kid gloves.
As much as I dislike saying anything negative, the only drawback was that instructions for hangning the blinds were not included. We kind of had to wing it, but almost successful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match to picture shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
These blinds are beautiful installed. The Mahogany is a good dark real-wood color. Not quite as dark as Ikea's brown-black furniture, just for reference, but looks good with it - a bit redder. Blades are thick and move well up and down, open and closed, with the strings. Came without the main piece of the valance, but the issue was eventually resolved.
The header was slightly larger than expected and we had to trim it to fit (a measuring error on my part). They look great and really block the light when shut.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
We took a leap of faith when we ordered these because each size was described very differently. They all match perfectly! I can't believe the quality of these blinds for the price!!! I would highly recommend these blinds!! OH, but when you call customer service, they don't know anything more than what is written on the website.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. better than we'd hoped!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This blind is very nice and I would order for other windows.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and heavy, Allows for privacy but daylight also.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I really like these blinds. I wish they came in bigger sizes, I have other windows I would order for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Blinds just as decribed.
These easy-to-install 2" wood blinds instantly "up-graded" the decor in my home. What a difference from the standard 1" aluminum blind. The visual ambience they provide, day or night, is very satisfying. The price was very satisfying, too.
These blinds are absolutely beautiful, high quality, and look and feel far more expensive than they cost here at Overstock. I bought faux JCPenney blinds for other rooms in the house, and wish I could undo that and go replace them with these. Durable, and high quality.