The blinds arrived quickly, appeared to be very high quality. Even smelled good. Hardware was metal and the valance was wraparound wood. I couldn't wait to throw out my vinyl mini-blinds. Luckily, my engineer husband noted that the headrail of the new pair of blinds was 2 1/4 deep and would not allow my French door to open more than a foot if installed on both that French door and the adjacent full-length matching window. Even without the valance, the 2 headrails would have been hitting each other before the door opened halfway. Regrettably, I had to send them back. Am waiting for a refund, and finding information about the thickness of a blinds' headrails is making the search for new blinds challenging.
I bought these based on other reviews and was not disappointed. They were exactly the right size, installed easily, and work perfectly. One thing I didn't think of was that when ordering nice wide blinds... be sure your window depth will hold it.. they still look great, but I installed 2" blinds in a 1" spot, so the top sticks out, but I am going to make a box valance anyway.
As I mentioned in previous questions my wife and I purchased these blinds knowing full well that since they were at such a good price that they wouldn't be perfect. I gave them a 5 star rating because they look great and truly transform our living room and make it look complete. I know they are not as sturdy as a much more expensive custom blinds however they just need to last a few years before my wife and I decide to move or until we can afford to renovate as we would see fit. For the money its a great buy and great option.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a great match, we got the pecan to match our brand new handscrapped hardwood floors and it was near idential.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Going back to the title of the post, you get what you pay for. My wife and I couldn't justify spending 500 to 600 on custom blinds, in a house that we feel we will list in a few years. They look great but when you touch them you know that the material is a thin wood and you have to becareful with the installation.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site was accurate with this descrition.
Good looking blinds that were very easy to install.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality wood blinds.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I bought these blinds in white to use in 2 kids bedrooms and they look great and more expensive than they are. A great, and less expensive, alernative to using plantation shutters - as these also allow privacy but also light to stream in room. We also have these in brown in our den, and they look equally as nice there as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as described
These blinds are beautiful. We did have to return one. Using the exact measure of the windows as the measure for the blinds gave me blinds that were too wide. For a 118" window we went down 2''. For a 29" window we just sawed 1/2" off. I wish I could include a picture of them. They look like they were professionally installed. The quality is 1st class. Solid wood blinds for my living room for well under $300. Amazing.
Absolutely beautiful! Changes the whole look of our room. Very affordable and VERY easy to put up, only took about 20 minutes to put up 3 sets. I have always been against mini blinds, threw them all away, because they make your house look cheap! Trust me these wood blinds are beautiful!!!