My wife and I purchased this cart late last year after looking extensively. We received it and I proceeded to set it up. When it came time to screw the cupboard walls together, I noticed the pre-drilled holes didn't line up very well. Upon tightening the screws, I noticed the metal inserts in the holes were coming out. After finishing the entire assembly (thinking maybe the granite top would keep the cart together), the cart got looser and looser, until the middle shelf couldn't even be supported. My expectations are generally reasonable; I'm not a malcontent and I normally don't take the time to submit a review. But I felt this situation warranted a warning to other review-readers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. See review - multiple quality problems
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We've always been satisfied Overstock customers and never have had a problem or had to send anything back. This cabinet is so poorly made, that my extremely mechanical husband spent hours trying to re-drill holes that did not align, cut pieces that were too short or too long to fit, etc. Alas, he could not straighten bent pieces of wood or fix the inherent faults in this item. We finally called customer service, which was very accommodating. We are sending it back and awaiting another unit. It is impossible to tell until one begins to assemble the item, whether or not it is defective, so we're hoping the next one is a good one. Stay tuned. So far, an afternoon of attempted assembly and an hour to repack...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Dismal
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate, except quality
Pretty easy to put together--if you are used to putting together furniture kits. My son had it together in a half hour or so. Just the right size for the small kitchen and exactly what my daughter needed for a little extra counter and storage space. Very attractive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very pretty top, color was as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Not top of the line furniture, but for the price very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought this item to go against a wall in the kitchen next to the fridge, since it was empty space and we desperately needed more counter space and some storage. It fit perfectly, matched the appliances, and is a solid piece of furniture. The granite top is substantial, but I was able to lift it into place myself (25 y/o male). Assembly took about 1-2 hours and the instructions were easy to follow.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solidly-built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
This was great but the granite top arrived cracked slightly. We didn't realize until we had put the whole thing together so we decided to just deal with it. Otherwise it works pretty good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The main body of the cart was fine but the granite top arrived cracked
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a VERY good unit! It looks good, its inexpensive and was a breeze to put together! I had it completed in less than an hour, It has taken me much longer to assemble things from Ikea!! This is a winner!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was very pleased with the quality of this product, it looks like a much more expensive piece than it really is.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Bang On!
it is very hard to put together and took about 3 hrs. I do love it, looks very nice and I like that it has rollers on the bottom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it's ok for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
After paying the price, I expected better quality. In assembling the cart there were many issues, some we were not able to correct. The back panels could not be installed, the grooves in CART were not lined up. The doors are not flush when closed. The top drawer is not a smooth open or close due to miss pre applied hardware. It's a shame..
I use this cart almost daily due to a small open kitchen without adequate counter work space. So I love the concept, but I gave it a 3 for a couple reasons. First, the quality. The granite is not the best piece, scrap most likely, as it has divots and fillers also it doesn't line up evenly over the cart where the back sticks out more than the front and it looks odd when not in use placed against the wall; the doors don't line up; the drawer does not slide well; the material is on the cheaper side and does not have a good feel. Second, design issues. The bottom shelf has a lip so sliding heavy items in and out is NOT and option (the only time I have seen a lip on a shelf is in a camper to prevent items from falling out); the drawer is only deep enough to store basically flat utensils singly. I chose not to use the spice rack or the towel holder due to size constraints so I cannot comment on them.
This isn't fine handmade furniture, that's why the good rating. But it is very well made and sturdy, not flimsy at all. The granite top gives it an excellent finished look. Easy enough to put together, with extra parts provided. This will give me extra storage in my small kitchen and an extra work area. The color and hardware match my appliances, making it look like part of the scheme. What a bargain and shipping was faster then I ex !pected
In spite of some of the negative reviews this has gotten i still decided to take the plunge because this had the perfect dimensions for where i wanted to use it. The instructions were well written and easy to understand. All of the pieces were labeled and identified. Everything would have gone perfectly with 1 major exception. On the spice rack/towel bar combination there was a serious oversight by the manufacturer. The wooden plate that the towel bar mounts to is supposed to have a hole for the rod to slide into (just like the other side), however, it didn't. Clearly an oversight by the manufacturer to properly drill all of the holes. Thankfully i have a proper size forstner bit and was able to drill out the hole myself. Note that what is needed isn't a through hole but rather a hole that only goes half the depth of the mounting plate. Anyways, it added about 30 minutes to the install but i managed to figure it out. So just a warning....depending on the quality control of this manufacturer (which seems to suck) on the day your cabinet was made, you may need to improvise a little bit. Otherwise, this is a nice cabinet. Real wood, large strong casters, and a well packed granite top.
This item should have a better description on the website! Let people know that the manufacturing quality is very poor!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality, wood what's cracked in several places
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate a little exagerated
Let me first say that my rating of this product has nothing to do with Overstock.com. I make purchases from Overstock frequently and I have never returned anything until now, and their customer service is wonderful. However, the manufacturer Homestyles Furniture is not nearly as focused on customer service. When I reached out to the manufacturer about the parts not fitting for this item, they told me to send them pictures and dimensions, which I did. The pictures spoke a thousand words, but they needed to "investigate" and the results of the "investigation" stated that the parts were all the correct dimensions and there was nothing they could do for me. Period. That was it. The pictures made it very clear that the dimensions were off, and I really wanted them to resolve the issue because I love the cart, but they had no interest in helping me. Therefore, I bought another cart from another manufacturer, and I will never purchase anything from this manufacturer again. In hindsight I should have taken heed to some of the other reviews here, but I took for granted that I always have a good experience with Overstock and didn't consider that the manufacturer may not have the same interest in customer satisfaction.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. If the parts actually fit together, I would have loved this cart.