I am cooking for two now, after years of "big meals with leftovers in mind". Also my husband is diabetic and I measure a lot of his foods. I had a 1 1/2 cup food processor, (like a coffee grinder size) and it was too small - I didn't want a big appliance sitting on the counter and didn't want something that I had to ":get out of the cupboard or whatever" when I needed it. So this is the perfect size, sits on the counter and I use it almost every day . It's exactly what I needed it to be.
It was a really good price for a cuisinart food processor, but unfortunately the manufacturer did not successfully fix the defect so I wasn't able to use the processor. Overstock emailed me back right away with a prepaid shipping label and instructions on how to return the item at no cost to me, so I'm happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was supposedly refurbished, but it does not work.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? could be better. Processors usually come with attachments so if it doesn't come with any that should be posted on the description.
the processing was okay but it was not as good as i would have expected
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it ws okay
This is a fantastic little machine, and it's small enough that I can leave it out on the counter. I would change a few things: 1) The top has little holes in it that allow small granules to fly out. I don't know the purpose of these, but I put my hand or a towl over the top and it fixes it. 2) The blade is easy to assemble and dishwasher safe (LOVE that!) but you need to put the blade in before any ingredients. I've made this mistake a few times :) 3) The size of the bowl... I know it says it's compact, but don't plan on using it for big jobs. It'd be perfect for baby food or chopping nuts. It does not grind coffee or small seeds like chia or flax. I made a pie crust in it... and although it maxed out the space, chopped up the butter PERFECTLY!!!! It's a great little guy for the price. And buying refurbished sends less money to China to make this stuff. Plus the price is right! I'd buy this again, no problem!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate... but the stainless steel shows fingerprints.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
This is the 2nd one of these I've bought, did a hand me down to a friend with my 1st one and they are loving it and using it all the time. I think this size chopper is something everyone needs to have in their arsenal of kitchen appliances :o)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. awesome
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This is great for making small meals it works great and looks good sitting on my counter, it's small so it doesn't take up alot of room. I love it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I bought the mini cuisinart refurbished for my college daughter in an apartment and for my sons who are also in their own apartments and love to cook. It is perfect for a young couple too. They have used it for chopping (of course) and also for making pesto sauce, hummus, and smoothies. The bowl and blade easily remove for clean up in the dishwasher.
I bought this thinking it was bigger, however I use it a lot. Great to make pesto, chop up veggies (my boyfriend hates veggies so this is a great way to sneak them into dishes) and I also use it to chop up meats to put on a pizza. Good for a couple or someone who lives alone. The only two things that could be better is that it is a little noisy for it's size and that the plastic counter gets dull looking quickly. Blades are nice and sharp never had a problem chopping anything I put in. Good product for the price.
Was so desapointed with this, I own 2 a small one and a 14 cup, the best this refurbished item is not worth the name Kitchen aid on the fornt it makes a lot of noise the blades are dull it wont even make a small tomato into puree. I was entirly desapointed at my purchase. I will never buy a refurbished item ever again. the motor looks like the brushes are to thigh and the noise that makes does not equal the work that performs. The only thing I only spend less thatn 20 bucks for it so is not big deal to try a refurbished item but dont buy this. Walmart has cheaper than and I bet they work better thatn this toy. I was trinig to make some slsa, and it was patetic performance. And I'm away in PA. My kitchen gadgets are back home, I'm not satisfied with this. And I have to buy another somewere else. this is just like a cheap toy, unsharp, noisie no good