Have always liked Cuisinart food processors... they do the job nicely and simply. This version is also wonderful. But the new design of blades and lid make it quite an ordeal to clean the cavities. There are some areas that can't be reached even with a tooth brush...
Very pleased with this purchase. Finally had a chance to use it at Easter and it performed beautifully. Used it for shredding cabbage, kneading bread, cookie and noodle dough. Will be using it a lot more now that we are finally settled into our new home. Highly recommend.
I purchased this processor just before Thanksgiving to help me with prep work. It really came in handy with slicing the vegetables for the stuffing, especially the onions. The adjustable slicing disc was very convenient and handy when time is limited. I also used the processor to make appetizers with the mixing blade. I found the machine very helpful and cut my time in the kitchen down tremendously.
After 24 years with a Cuisinart mini, it was time to replace and upgrade. The hubby wanted to get me the biggest, baddest Cuisinart he could find. But there are times the smaller size of the mini was just right. Enter the Cuisinart Elite with TWO bowls. Brilliant! This is a hefty horsepower model with a sleek stainless housing that goes perfectly with modern stainless kitchen appliances. The DVD that comes with the unit helps explain everything and offers some tasty recipes. Being able to dial in the correct thickness on the slicing disc is genius, as are the two sizes of shred on the shredding disc. The only drawback I've found is that pieces that are very small fall around the side of the slicing and shredding disc into the bowl. Example: don't try shredding baby carrots for coleslaw, you'll end up with half shredded chunks in the bowl mixed in with brilliantly shredded carrots and spend five minutes digging chunks out. Otherwise, this is a great unit at a wonderful price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Cuisinart is one of my favorite brands and this food processor only solidifies my good feelings. It is powerful and compact and comes with a How-To DVD for those of us who tend to overlook the instruction booklet. I love that it has both a 4-cup work bowl and a 12-cup work bowl for smaller and larger jobs. It is extremely heavy, though, so taking it in and out of your cupboard is a bit of a workout.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality -- powerful and compact.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site description was accurate.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great food processor. I just can't say enough about what you can do with is processor. Now I need to order holder for the blades.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Cuisinart is the best!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes