I was a little nervous buying this after reading the other review on this espresso maker, but I decided to give it a shot and return it if it didn't work out. I am so glad that I went for it, I am 100% happy with my choice. I haven't had any problems with it so far, but I did purchase the extended warranty for just in case anything goes wrong with it in the future. It's easy to use, it brews very quickly, and I like that you don't have to add water every time you want to make an espresso, you can just fill up the tank in the back and it generally lasts through about 6-8 double shot espressos with steamed milk before having to refill it again. I would definitely recommend this espresso maker to anyone who is looking for a great espresso maker at a decent price.
I have had my espresso maker for 3 weeks now and I love it! I used to go to those drive thru espresso places every day. Since I have my espresso machine I make myself a latte and enjoy it before I even leave the house. I have saved a ton of money and had more time to enjoy my beverage.
I love the look of the product but there were many issues. The first machine I received had a cracked water tank other missing parts. I sent to it and received another one that was completely filthy. the milk froth wand was still caked with residue and there was still coffee grounds stuck in the machine. I also sent this back. The last one I still have now worked great for a couple weeks. It still makes great espresso but the milk frother does not work at all. It just leaks out drops of water. I am looking to replace it when I find another one I like that is not refurbished.
I received the item (shipped in it's own box-it was not packed in another box) quickly. I was very happy with it. I love the way it froths the milk. The wand could be higher but it was okay. One thing I will say. It does not say in the video or manual about the frothing wand. I clean this machine after each use. The outer wand slips off and there is the smaller wand. I almost threw up when I saw that. Milk and caramel (from putting caramel in the milk) were caked on the wand. Even if you think you are cleaning it well, I'd check further. After two weeks it just stopped working. I tried to make a shot this morning and very little espresso came through. When I tried to remove the portafilter holder it exploded and I had sopping grounds everywhere. I cleaned everything thoroughly to no avail. I called Overstock.com and they told me they were out of stock for this item and to call Cuisinart. I called Cuisinart and after we tried to troubleshoot they said it is defective due to lack of pressure, they could ship me another one but I was going to have to pay for shipping not only for the one coming to me but the one I ship back. I did not think this was fair. They suggested I call Overstock.com. I called them back. They are emailing me the return label which I will have to take to a UPS store to ship back-I'll have to search for one first. They will give me a refund when they receive the espresso machine. Everyone I spoke with on the phone was very nice and courteous it's just that this has turned into a nightmare. As I look over my order I see "refurbished" next to the description of my item. I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS REFURBISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not have bought a refurbished item! I'm bummed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was as it appeared online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is very sturdy and durable. I love it and the way it even looks on the counter.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The only issue is filling the water chamber. It is a little awkward but do able.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy and easy to use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
It broke within 2 weeks and needs to be returned. Customer Service has been awesome through the process.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This looked to be a beautiful, well made product, but it did not function. The water in the reservoir did not flow through, and I tried all three functions. Ended up boxing it up and returning it without ever having made a single cup of coffee. I love and trust Cuisinart products, but I won't buy a refurbished product again. I'll just wait until I can afford a new one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Did not function
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfectly
I love this machine I am italien and I know a good expresso machine when I see one!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I bought one of these for myself,and my girlfriend loved it so much,I bought her one for christmas. Came very quickly,and the price was the best!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect. Factory refurbished doesnt mean a lesser quality machine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I purchased this as a birthday gift for my daughter and she loves it and said it was very simple to use. Arrived very quickly also. The price is very good compared to prices that I shopped around for. She is very happy with it. Would highly recommend this. Cuisinart has never disappointed me, in fact I have purchased other Cuisinart products and have never been disappointed or have had to send them back, even the refurbished items are excellent.
I BOUGHT THIS SUPER ESPRESSO MAKER FOR MY HUSBAND FOR HIS BIRTHDAY. WHEN IT ARRIVED, HE IMMEDIATELY MADE A CUP OF ESPRESSO, FILLING THE MACHINE WITH WATER PER THE INSTRUCTIONS. IN A SHORT TIME, WE SAW WATER ALL OVER THE KITCHEN COUNTER. WE TRIED A VARIETY OF SOLUTIONS WITH NO LUCK--THE WATER RESERVOIR LEAKED. WE CONTACTED CUISINART (MANUFACTURER) FOR ADVICE. THEY TOLD US TO SEND IT BACK TO THEM, SO WE DID. THAT'S THE LAST WE'VE SEEN OF THE ESPRESSO MACHINE! I AM HOPING THAT THEY WILL RETURN IT SHORTLY. I GUESS THE ONLY ADVICE I HAVE FOR BUYERS IS--AVOID "REFURBISHED"!