After years of using my Breville, the steam wand quit working. I was hesitant to spend a lot of money on another machine so I scoured reviews of less expensive models. I first ordered a Delonghi (not from this site) and it was junk. It was so lightweight that it flew across the counter when I locked the basket in place. This Cuisinart feels almost as heavy duty as my Breville. It's substantial (about 25 pounds, I guess). The water filter is convenient to fill and the machine is gorgeous (stainless). The pre-programmed buttons (I use the doubleshot) are a little off by default, but it's not a big deal since you can stop the pour or re-program the buttons. I use espresso-specific shot glasses and they overflowed. The steam wand is pretty good - you can remove the foaming attachment to minimize foam production. I don't like a lot of foam so this is perfect. The only flaw I can find in this machine is that the steam wand isn't fully mobile. It swings side to side, but not up and down. I prefer full mobility so I can use different foaming pitchers without restriciton, but it's not that big a problem. I can still foam milk without any problems. This is a great, inexpensive machine that looks and acts like one much more expensive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone new or experienced with espresso machines.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is much better in person - very nice stainless.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This machine is comparable to my old Breville, which was 4 times the price of this one! This is a substantial, heavy machine that makes great coffee.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of this product was spot on! I wish there would've been more information regarding the steam wand, but everything listed was accurate.
This is a high-quality machine that allows you to brew 1 or 2 servings using your own ground espresso or pre-made coffee pods using the high pressure that is needed to extract true espresso flavor and produce the "crema" (gold slight foam) that is characteristic of excellent espresso coffee, all with the ease of a home machine that doesn't require barista training! It comes with a very useful DVD to give you a quick overview to achieve the best results. All of the needed accesories, including the milk frothing pitcher, are included. This machine offers features that normally cost hundreds more in other models (I love the warming tray on the top to warm my espresso cups!) Its sleek stainless steel design will look great if you have all stainless appliances as I do. It also complements the Cuisinart drip coffee maker that I purchased elsewhere very well. I love it, love using it, and love the hundreds of dollars I will save every month NOT purchasing drinks at Starbucks or Caribou Coffee!
I exchanged this product three times because a lot of water runs into the drip tray instead of the espresso maker. All had the same problem. I called in once and was told that I had to pay for the shipping for return and for thr exchange. I am inclined not to buy anymore products fro Cuisinart. My fourth espresso make has the same problem and I am tired to running to stores for an exchange
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent espresso maker
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I researched quite a few espresso maker before finally deciding on the Cuisinart EM-200. I found that I have definitely made the correct choice. The item came in a timely manner and well packaged. The instructions are easy to follow and are accompanied by a DVD, that make the instructions to use the machine correctly simple. Each cup of coffee will taste incredible. There are even coffee recipes included.
First big expense on a coffee maker. I did a lot of research and this was a good deal. Makes great expressos, little foam on the top. Xcellent!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
This is a great machine I would recommend it to anyone. My coffee tastes just like it does at the coffee shop. Getting the hang of the steamed milk was the hardest thing to learn. But it comes with a video that's very helpful! I'm saving a lot of money with this product and if you're thinking of quitting the coffee shop and saving money this is the way to go!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. thus is the best machine for the price I love it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This Expresso Machine is great. It is stainless steel,so that is why I bought it. I like that is came with a DVD, which was great for me. I do not care for just froth so I put my milk in the container and circle the milk around the wan until the bottom of the container is hot, them I put my milk thermomerter in the container until it reaches 180. I like my coffee,ie Lattes hot. Always allow the steam to run a little to clean out the wan. enjoy, I sure do.
This machine is Beautiful in appearance, superb in overall function, and priced reasonably. This is my very first espresso machine, and I find it simple to operate, & makes a perfect cup of espresso every time! I am utterly impressed!! I have not yet made cappuccino or latte drinks, but I am confident they will be wonderful as well. I will write back if the outcome is poor.
We bought this from Overstock just over 2 years ago and have been using it daily. We were very happy with the results. Yesterday morning, while making our expresso, the machine made a loud 'pop' and wouldn't heat anymore. My husband took the back off to see if it was a simple fix and found that there is a part that needs to be replaced. Since this machine has a 3 year warranty, he contacted Cuininart and guess what? The warranty is void if you remove the back of the machine! Beware not to remove the back if you need it fixed. I am very disapointed in Cuisinart. I have several kitchen appliances from them and will not be purchasing this brand again.
hi i would like to buy this product, though i'm looking for some characteristics that are missing.. how many watt is this machine? and another one coming, i should buy an adaptor for this here in greece due to the diferent percent of voltage or not/?
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? a lot
We bought this espresso machine to replace a machine we got as a gift a few years ago. Even though I'm sure the was more expensive, it never worked that well. The head would clog often and eventually the pump stopped working. We've been pleased with this machine so far, and it has been good value for the money. misses us.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I am espresso lover and I am using machine to make 12-16 shots a day with steaming milk also- making latte. I had before this one Delonghi with pump for several years and it was getting bad- water was dripping after I shut it down, was very slowly releasing presure, so when I wanted to dispose used coffe if I do not wait for 1/2 h I had coffe all over the kitchen. I decided to buy this product but I am know not very happy- after 2 weeks use, I can make only one run for coffe, with second coffe is running very fast thru, sreamer has actually two parts not one as on the picture so you have to clean both, otherwise milk is on inner tube, so if you don't clean it pretty soon it will be cloged...over all I expected much more from this brand name- turn out that I have another one almost similar like 4 year old. Do I recomend to friend- O do not want them to blame me- it is probably good for somebody who makes one or two espresso daily, for more serious use I do not recomend it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is exactly match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is far under from what I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? so,so
The product description is accurate and should be a money saver in the long run - we are having fun trying new drinks!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it is stainless - it matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good- very heavy duty
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurante description
I would def recommended this to a friend! it's easy to use and it saves me money! It's makes great Lattes. I don't know about capp because I only do lattes. However, I'm sure it does a great job!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It works great so far! It's easier than the last one I had from hamilton beach which broke! I use it everyday and save money doing it!
I love this espresso maker. Not only does it have a sleek modern design but it makes very good coffee as well. For this price, you cannot find anything of great er quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good