I've had other Cuisinart products that worked just fine, but not this one. It was a disaster. We sent it back and requested a refund,
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not an issue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Didn't work properly. First it spewed coffee and coffee grounds all over while brewing, then it wouldn't grind coffee.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was fine, other than to warn that product didn't work properly.
The only thing not great is the lack of the grind choice, I have preferred a fine expresso grind for quite some time and this only grinds "normal" coarse.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have the older version and didn't use the grind option because I didn't like all the cleaning required nor the issue with water in the grind chute, this one is better designed and stays dry
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I love it, the only drawback is that if you do not pour slowly the first cup will spill a little bit. Also difficult to get the last bit of coffee out without removing the lid. Other than that small annoyance, I love it. It's grest looking and makes a really great cup of coffe.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality is very high end
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I make coffee at least once daily, and prefer to grind my own beans. I'm replacing another brand comparable in price that did not have the grinding feature. I have other coffee grinders, but wanted a burr grinder. So, when I whacked the bottom out of the glass carafe of the last coffee maker, I just decided to scrap it and go for this one. Since it is refurbished, I also bought the extra warranty, just in case. The thermal carafe is a major plus. Now, instead of running back to the kitchen to freshen a cup, I take it all to the den and sit in front of the fireplace with consistently hot coffee. This is the best of all worlds. I would have given it a 5, but it is rather unwieldy to assemble each evening, the print on the machine itself is almost microscopic plus the stainless steel carafe is extremely well built, and thus very heavy. All in all this is an exceptional buy.
I was hesitant to purchase a refubished item but was reassured with the easy return policy. I have been very pleased with this purchase. Only complaint is that the final half cup of the coffee is difficult to pour and it uses significantly more coffee beans (even on the mild setting). Overall, I love all the features and the qualtiy of this machine and the coffee!
I have been looking at this Grind and Brew for several months. I was about to purchase it at a discount store that had it for a very good price. Then I saw it here on Overstock for just a few dollars more and jumped at the deal. I am delited with this product! It makes a great tasting cup of coffee everytime wether you make 2 cups or twelve!
We purchased the smaller grind & brew (refurbished) several years ago and have loved it. When it started to fail I decided to see what was currently offered and purchased this one. We have never had such a great tasting cup of coffee at home as this coffee maker gives us. We are particular about our beans so I only put the amount needed for each pot into the hopper so they don't oxidize & keep the remainder of beans in an airtight container. I trust the refurbished quality and with the Club O membership can't beat the price and free shipping. If I could give a higher rating I would!
The appearance of the coffee maker is that of a used appliance. The stainless steel has scratches and needs to be buffed. I have tried polishing, but still looks used. The scratches and spots also add to the used appearance. I should have spent the few extra dollars and bought a new coffee maker. I am disappointed since this appliance is always on the kitchen counter I would recommend that if you are concerned about appearances, buy new. The coffee maker itself works wonderfully. I am pleased with the performance of the product...just not the appearance.
The coffee tastes fine, but the coffeemaker is really awkward to use. It doesn't fit under cabinets on the countertop because it is too tall... the coffeepot pours strangely (slow, spatters) so you have to take off the lid to get the last cup or two out of the pot. The biggest issue is that the grinding part of the machine doesn't work - it grinds beans but doesn't drop them down into the filter to brew - so we get brewed water. I would rather have a $10 coffee pot that was easy to use.
We've had this coffee maker for about 1 1/2 years having paid over $200 at ******. It was great in the beginning but in the past 6 months or so, we get a grinding noise when we close the filter door. When that happens, the machine will start beeping and you have to reopen the door and hopefully it will work - if not, then you have to keep trying until it stops clicking and finds the right spot on the wheel. I'm ready to replace it. We've had and have other Cuisinart products and love them - just not this one.
i had to return a defective unit and I ordered a higher grade unit after discussing some options with the sales gal. She was very helpful and the whole return and shipping of a replacement product was seamless and smooth. Great customer service !
1. The pot itself is not easy to pour because of the shape. In order to get the last cups of coffee, one needs to turn the pot upside down and "dump" the coffee, preferable into a spouted pitcher then pour the coffee into a cup. 2. This maker does not make a good a tasting cup of coffee. The settings: strength setting mild= very week, medium=mild and strong= dark but tasteless. The multiple grind settings are not very useful as only one setting does not get coffee power all over the pot. 3. Cleans fairly easily but a brush that was supposed to be in the box was not there. This experience has probably turned me away from the brand. I miss my old automatic brewer . I would have returned this if I could find the packaging.
Product arrived quickly and was in perfect condition. I did watch the dvd to make sure I knew how to take care of the product so that it performs well and it was worth it. Makes delicious coffee quicker and keeps the coffee hot for hours after its brewed- with small children running around I sometimes don't have time to actually pour myself a cup of coffee for 1-2 hours after it has brewed. The only negative thing I have to say is that it doesn't fit under my counter.
This an excellent coffee grinder/maker! This was a gift for my husband who makes the coffee every night before going to bed so we can get that fresh cup in the morning when we enter the kitchen. He's very impressed with it and loves the ease of fresh-ground coffee every morning! Our only complaint would be that that last 1/4 cup is very difficult (and messy) to pour into the cup. (I'm shocked that Cuisinart didn't figure that one out early on in the design stage???!??!) Other than that, we're both very pleased with the product!
Shipping was free and the reburbished coffemaker is like brand new. This is the third Cuisinart autogrind coffeemaker I have owned, but none this nice. It is a great value. Coffee stays fresh and hot all day. Love waking up to freshly ground coffee!
This coffee maker works nicely and is attractive, but it gets clogged rather easily. The instructions talk about cleaning out the grinder chute (where the newly grinded beans get passed through) and this is a must. If you wait to clean it, the chute gets very clogged and all that will brew is hot water. Other than that, its a very nice coffee maker.