This is my second Grind-and-Brew, and this model seems to have solved the previous problems of difficulty in disassembling and cleaning. Also, the thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot for a long time period. Coffee is delicious!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Hadn't considered this aspect when I purchased it, but the grinder assembly needs to be taken apart, cleaned and dried after each use before you can add new beans to be ground, as the brew process makes everything inside the unit damp. (This doesn't come into play when the grinder and coffee maker are separate units.) Having said that, I'm keeping the coffee maker as I like the thermos and I found the coffee, once brewed, was good!
We love the convenience of being able to grind our coffee beans just before brewing the coffee. This well-designed unit makes delicious coffee, whether for one person or ten, and is easy to use. A wonderful feature is the thermal carafe, which keeps coffee hot without "cooking" it on a hot plate. We appreciate being able to disable to grinder when we are using pre-ground coffee. This is the first Cuisinart product we have bought, and we are impressed. It is easy to clean, and of durable quality - we won't need or want to replace this coffee-maker anytime soon!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? exactly
- How is the quality of the product? First rate
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
We love the Cuisinart Grind and Brew, as evidenced by the fact that this is our third! Good quality though they are, they do seem to last only about 3 - 4 years. We keep buying them, though, because in our minds they are the perfect coffee-maker -- they grind the beans fresh and brew into a thermal carafe that keeps the coffee warm forever -- what's not to love? We drink our coffee up pretty quickly in the morning, so the length of time it stays warm isn't a big issue. Having said that, though, the carafe seems to me to keep it plenty warm for a long time, judging by those rare occasions some gets left in there until later. Other reviewers have complained about having to take the grind mechanism out to clean it, but this is the price you pay for convenience. Each night before bed, I take the coffeemaker apart, wash the grinder out and clean the brew basket, which you would have to do anyway, so the grinder is just one more step and not a big deal. Also, other reviewers have complained about the noise the grinder makes -- all 30 seconds of it. Not a problem -- I love to hear that noise because I know it means delicious coffee on the way! Would definitely recommend this to a friend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is exactly as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We have had Cuisinart Grind and Brews in the past (2 of them, an earlier model than this one.) Love them, but they don't hold up well. This one seems to have improved on some of the quirks those had that bothered us, such as difficulty removing the grind apparatus for cleaning, overflow on occasion and the brew basket popping open.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description on site was accurate.
Makes good coffee. Only complaint I have is the thermal carafe does not keep coffee hot. Maybe I have a defected pot, but have talked a couple of other people that have this and they have the same complaint. Otherwise I would recommend it.
We love to drink fresh ground coffee. To save the time of grinding our own beans in the morning we just load up this coffee maker, set the time and when we get up the coffee is all ready. This unit works great and only takes a minute or so to get ready for the next pot. The coffee tasts great. Worth the very reasonable price. We also like the thermal pot because it keeps the coffee hot without getting that old taste.
With only a 90-day warranty just be careful of buying "refurbished". I may buy the non-refurbished version because you can't beat a programmed-freshly-ground cup of coffee in the morning. The thermal decanter keeps the coffee hot for hours, and conserves energy by not needing to heat the under plate. No other brand makes this for less than $200. The grinder is a bit small for a 10 cup machine (which is really only 5 cups). Just wish it hadn't stopped working after 6 months.
What a waist of money this was. I'd send it back if weren't so much trouble. I'll give it as a gift to someone I don't like very much. It grinds the coffee to a fine powder, it has to be cleaned every time you use it. it's just not a very good designed product. Go ahead and order one if you like but i bet you will regret it.
Huge fan of this coffee maker. I have bought them in the past but not with a grinder. My little grinder broke after a lot of use and thought hummm will this work as well and take up less space? Love it I will most def buy another if it goes.
When my older Cuisinart DBG-600BC grind and brew's heating element quit, I decided to purchase this model as a replacement. The unit shows no wear, looks brand new and works perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. couldn't tell is was refurbished
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Like the way it works most of the time. Had to purchase the permanent filter separately. Before that, we used paper filter and the grinds found their way under it as well as into it. A couple of times the coffee spilled out all over the counter so we must have still had coffee left in the carafe and not realized it, because it was overfull - problem is that you can't see into the carafe to tell how much is left. LOVE setting it up at night and having coffee ready to go in the morning! It does have a lot of parts to wash. . .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. parts are all good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description + reviews were accurate
Works great for being refurbished. Like new. Keeps coffee hot in the thermos for at least 3 hours. Great tasting coffee. Easy to clean grinder.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. works great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Great coffee pot. I was looking for a new coffee pot because my old one was boiling my coffee. This one had great options, the thermos container was really what sold me on it. I like the grinding feature too, but I was looking for something that wouldn't burn my coffee. You would never have know this was refurbished. It was in great condition. Thank you!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, would never know it was refurbished.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
It wasn't clear on the site that this refurbished product would not come with certain items (filter). I was tempted to send it back as it is hard to find the filter in store but it is such a hassle I decided not to. But not sure will be refurbished in future. shipping was fairly quick
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
Well constructed product that replaces another similiar model that broke. difference is that this one has stainless steel housing and a different latching mechanism that is more durable. other cuisinart grind and brew is all plastic and did not last. the thermal carafe does a good job of keeping coffee warm.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate