So disappointed. Owned the earlier model of this coffeemaker. Had to get a new one when it wouldn't brew the entire amount of water anymore. Although it's nice to have the full pot brew all at once, and have a piping hot cup of good coffee, the construction of the Cuisinart DGB-650BC leaves much to be desired. The pot gets hung up on the brew basket when you try to remove it from the coffeemaker. (Take the brew basket out first to prevent this.) The brew basket door opens and closes very slowly like it's got a hydraulic system. (Old model sprang open and pushed closed very easily.) The grinder and its top are difficult to get situated properly inside the coffeemaker without a lot of fumbling. And the exterior is a cheap-looking "brushed metal" plastic. Not what I expected from a Cuisinart or for the money I spent. Concerned about how long this one will last because of the inferior construction. Will the little spring on the bottom of the brew basket break off? Will the brew basket door break? Will not buy this model again.
This is a fairly easy to use coffee maker. Make sure to clean out the grinding area with each refill of beans; I thought the clean out area was under the chute where the beans go down, but it is actually near to the front of the hopper and the door flips up to clean it. This led to a small malfunction of the grind operation, but we are back on track. I wish the thermal pot was a bit more thermal, our last regular Cuisinart brewer had an awesome thermal pot which kept coffee hot for hours. I would switch them out if the size were compatible. Overall, we are happy with the machine and we would buy it again,
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. built very well, seems to be very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was spot on
This is my second Cuisinart Grind-and-Brew Automatic Coffee Maker. I like the newer design for looks, although it is more difficult for me to fill with water - I'm a bit short and have to stand on my tippy-toes to fill it and then look at the side-see-through to know when it is full. With my old one I knew it was full when I could see the water. (Still needed tippy-toes, but could see the water level easier.) My only complaint about this coffee maker is that when I make multiple pots of coffee, I have to clean and thoroughly dry the coffee bean grinder cup before starting the second pot. Actually, I have a separate grinder for those times. Now, with using my grinder cup from my old pot, I can get two pots before cleaning and drying the grinder. Also, my old pot is identical, so I have two carafes!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is silver and black - as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. After a couple of weeks of use, I like most everything about it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally correct.
This is a really nice looking coffee maker, and it really does make great coffee. It sounds like a space craft taking off when it grinds the coffee, but the noise level isn't obnoxious. The part that drives me nuts is that it's a total pain to clean. Unlike a normal coffee maker you don't just dump out the filter and rinse it. You also have to clean the filter lid and dry it, and the grinder needs to be cleaned and dried as well. That may not sound like such a big deal, but since the grinder gets a lot of steam in it during the brewing cycle, the fine coffee grounds end up cemented to the sides of the grinder pod. Also, the filter lid is made of several pieces, so it never feels like you get it really clean. Finally the carafe...It does a good job of keeping things hot. However the opening is too small to get your hand inside, so it's difficult to clean it properly. Also the pouring mechanism includes a ball valve. The benefit of that is that the ball seals the carafe when it's standing upright, and it pours without having to open the lid. The down side is that it pours REALLY slowly. Also, to get the last cup out, you have to completely remove the lid and basically turn the carafe upside down.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nearly identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, but poorly designed - a total pain to use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I was disappointed. I make coffee for my husband @ 5:30 and when I make my coffee @7:30, it is not hot enough. Also it is uncomfortable to pour the coffee out. You have to turn it upside down to get the last cup of coffee. Even with the sale price it is not worth it.
Awesome, I love my grind and brew coffee pot, it keeps the coffee fresh and hot until your done drinking it! It;s beautiful to look at! It arrived on my porch in 2 days! Wow i'm in love with Overstock, the best service I have ever received! Thank you Overstock!
There is nothing wrong with product...It was a Christmas gift & they didnt want...thank you, M***
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
We had purchased this product previously and were pleased with the product. Overstock offered a terrific price for this coffee grind and brew coffee maker. We received it sooooo quickly. Thank you once again Overstock for selling such a good product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Heavenly Coffee!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
We had the previous model for over 6 years and were very satisfied with it until the basket doorstuck and then jammed to the point we couldn't open it anymore so time for a replacement. I only wish this model was available in Canada. Not sure why it isn't. Hopefully this model with be as good as the last one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I am so glad I finally found this Coffee Maker !! I tried several other well known expensive brands in the same price range, and was very disappointed. I gave it a four star rating ONLY because it really isn't brushed metal, but plastic with a brushed metal simulated finish. It still is a nice looking machine. The coffee, however ,is superior to any of the cone shaped filter systems I tried before switching back to this style. This is the typical flat bottom brew basket which uses the pleated round paper filters. It also comes with a permanent filter. The coffee will be a bit cloudy if that is used. The basket style produces the best flavor and sprays over the coffee more evenly instead of funneling down through the middle of the grinds to the pointy cone shaped bottom. I like the non-grinding option. I prefer to grind my own beans first. The grind chamber tends to get moist and is a bit loud. But it is easy to clean if you use it. It is a convenient feature regardless. I also like Cuisinarts warranty. Three years on a well made product. I purchased the platinum protection for an extra two. I am sure I will use this for years to come. I rrecommend it to real coffee lovers. I am one picky coffee drinker!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to detail
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Attractive, but more and thinner plastic than they used to be
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? All except the "Brushed Metal" description. It is actually plastic with a metallic like finish.
Several parts need DAILY cleaning, but no more than separate grinder and coffee maker. The big plus: FINALLY...really GOOD coffee-SAME GOOD stuff EVERY TIME! Whole process all takes 10 minutes. Outstanding product-and outstanding quick shipping! Thanks, O-stock!