This is my fifth Cuisinart model, and this one is a keeper! The coffee is hot, it beeps when ready, and the lit coffee icon lets you know the coffeemaker is on. The carafe is easy to remove and replace, and is easy to clean. The panel has large characters/numbers which are easy to read. The overall panel is easy to read and operate. I like the push-button opening of the top, and accessing the interior is easy. I am so pleased to have found a Cuisinart coffeemaker that I like. Personally, I find that Cuisinart brews the best cup of coffee.
We like our coffee strong and hot. This coffee maker allows us to set the brew style to "bold" and it keeps the coffee truly hot without burning it. The design keeps the pot a bit more enclosed than cheaper models, so it doesn't cool down as easily as our old system. The brew basket is larger than most, so we can add more ground coffee than recommended without worrying about grounds in the pot. A great way to start the day!
I really didn't believe that the coffee would be any hotter than other coffee makers, but Cuisinart's claims are very TRUE and I am a very happy customer!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This coffee maker actually does what it says it will do - produces a tasty, HOT pot of coffee!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love this coffeepot. First and foremost, the coffee tastes wonderful and is hotter than that made with other coffeemakers. The design is very attractive. I don't recall the online description stating that it used the con-shaped filters, but that is no big deal with me. The peromanent filter is okay, but you will have some grounds in your coffee if you use that. We prefer using the cone-shaped filters. The display on the coffeemaker is large and easy to read from across the kitchen. I absolutely love the programming feature. When I get up in the morning my coffee is ready. I'm very pleased with my purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matches the color online exactly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Everything about this coffeemaker is great, except the mechanismm for opening the top of it. I'm afraid this might be the first thing to go wrong. I have found, though, that by pressing on the square close to the edge of it that the top opens perfectlly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate.
More than the product, the shipping was fantastic...wrapped in a box, so if gifted, no one will ever know what it is. When opened, there are air filled bags to keep it from sliding, and it is twice wrapped in giant bubble wrap. Very well done, and I am happy they took such great care in getting it to me! I've used the product before, and that's why I bought it for a Christmas present. Buy it, you won't be disappointed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so far, great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect description!
cuisinart DCC-2800 leaks water from under side, after 5 months the lid spring lock broke'.. then only after about a year and a half, and just out of warranty!!!!!!!, it must have sat on the store shelf over a year before we purchased it new. bad design for such a costly coffee maker and Cuisinart was not much help either when we called, I called several months earlier to get the problem fixed but was told to call back because there system was down for maintenance, so now when I had the chance to call back they tell me they did not want to fix it and only offered me a discount on a new one, why would I want to buy another when I spent sooo much on this one only to have water leaking all over my counter, table, chairs and floor'? never again, next one will be all stainless so it wont leak. so do not have to worry about asking for help again on such a expensive coffee maker.
Love it , It's a really good coffee pot and it does keep the coffee hot. My husband's a stickler for hot coffee, he'll take the coffee out of the pot and put it in the microwave before he drinks it. With this coffee pot he doesn't have to .
I love this machine. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect (and, what's perfect, really?), is the weird angle pouring water into the machine from the carafe. It's a little awkward and I recommend you pour in the water before adding the coffee, as sometimes the water will spill onto the grounds.
Great style. Easier to see functions to set it up. This is the newest model. I have been using the 14 cup older model for many years. I will continue to use the newest model and order another for my office. This is the best price out there and well worth it.