I was thinking about buying another Krups, since I've had such a coffee maker for several years. But the sale price and the features of this Cuisinart were too good to resist. So far, the machine has performed as advertised, although this morning I noticed that it didn't quite empty the water reservoir, leaving water showing in the glass at the two cup level. The little brew finished alarm is inaudible if you're not standing nearby or have the TV on, say. I cannot tell the difference between the regular and bold brew settings. I grind my own beans, so I don't brew coffee which might be past its prime. The carafe doesn't keep the coffee hot beyond a few minutes; then, it cools to a warm temp. But I like a hot cup of coffee, so the microwave can heat my cup when the carafe cools. There are cheaper pots out there, but this one seems to be built well enough to last for a few years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Stainless is stainless
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far seems to be a solid coffee maker with no cheap parts.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As advertised.
I have bought several Cuisinart coffee makers over the years. Always upgrade to the next model and am never disappointed. It touts a strong brew button and faster speed, however I am not sold that either are of any mention. All in all a very good brew machine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy, well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very ACCURATE
The only reason I am not giving 5 stars to the coffee pot is the fact that the light on the brew selection button stays lite. A call to the company told me that as long as the pot was plugged in this would happen. I do not believe this is true since I have had other Cuisinart coffee makers. Very disappointed in lack of good information.