I had a bunn for a lot of years, and it was great, but it startyed leaking. It also could not be set to start automatically in the morning. With this new Cuisinart has a larger pot, a permanent filter, and automatic brewing. It looks good on my counter top, and easy to use. The coffee is very hot, and has adjustable time for automatic shut off. I will say that it is better to put a paper filter in the coffee basket when brewing. It keeps some of the coffee grounds out of your coffee. Over all I am very pleased with this coffee maker.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I've had it about a month, and I love it. No problems, and brews quickley.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I am very happy with this coffeemaker. I had to replace my old Krups and chose this one. I can't believe how much better the coffee is! Really flavorful and perfect tempurature, even if I hit the alarm and get up 30 minutes after the coffee has been made. I had no idea how bad my old machine was! I am left handed and it's true the water goes in on the opposite side and is not very convenient me, however if you are left handed you are accustom to living in a right-handed world. I wish the lid detached easier but these are minor items. Getting a great cup of coffee time after time is enough for me. I recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
My only criticism would be that the water level indicator indicator window is very hard to read but has little affect. Guess that is why it is also on the pot which is easier to see! Makes coffee FAST !! We love it.... much better than our usual $** cheapo... de ******, 73
The Cuisinart DCC-2650 is a terrific product! It replaces a Cuisinart with a grinder function that served me pretty well for 9 years before it conked out and leaked water all over the counter. --Though the DCC-2650 does not have a built-in grinder, it's just as well, since the grind function left a messy, wet receptacle that took some time to get rid of the grounds and clean. (I prefer to dry-grind my coffee beans anyway.) Otherwise I just put pre-ground coffee beans into a cone-shaped filter that fits nicely over the cone-shaped basket--this cone alleviates the acidic taste that the typical round filters leave behind; pour water into the side receptacle (tank), which has a transparent window and a small pink ball that bounces up to indicate the water level; and push in the "Brew" bar. ...Within a few minutes the coffee is ready to pour--Delicious! This fine invention comes with a clock display and programming function; a carafe and heating plate, which can be set at Low (L), Medium (M), or High (H) to maintain the carafe at the desired temperature; Regular and Bold buttons to push for the flavor intensity of your choice; and a programming knob that allows an automatic 24-hours advance time setting, or an automatic shut-off selection of up to 4 hours after brewing. ...Again--it is a great product!
I purchased this coffee maker several months ago after reading a slew of reviews, good, bad and indifferent on this site and others. I'd had my eye on it for quite some time before I took the plunge and I Love It! I don't usually write reviews but after some of the things I read I thought it might be helpful. Like any new coffee maker you have to brew a few pots to determine what you like and this one is no different but honestly by the second pot we had it down. This coffee maker looks great, the timer is spot on and with the adjustable temp on the warming plate you can keep the coffee as hot as you like and can set the timer to stay on as long as you like. I don't use the filter that came with because I only use my ***** filtered water for coffee and cooking so I can't speak to that but I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this coffee maker.
I was pleased with the whole process. I would buy from Overstock.com again!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was a gift - they are pleased!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
LOVE THIS COFFEEMAKER! We have repeatedly used the plastic ones of various brands, and they never seem to last more than a year, they drip long after the coffee is done, and they use a lot of water lost to steam. Only thing negative thing about this Cuisanart is that the side water window is a little off from the water levels on the carafe. Once we figured out which to use for correct measurements, the coffee itself makes quickly, tastes alot better than from a plastic brewer, and uses the water efficiently. We like the adjustable brew boldness, the 1-4 cup button, the speed it brews, and the taste is way above plastic brewers. Highly recommend the Cuisanart DCC-2650. Makes great coffee.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is stainless and black, which matches our kitchen. Not a final criteria, but happy that it matches.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. REALLY like the quality. Hope this one lasts longer than a year, but the wuality of the ocffee and perk selections are great. Extra cost well worth it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. Carafe and side water window not exactly the same, but pot itself functions as blurbed.
The only flaw i found was it only stays on for 1.5hrs before turning. Maybe i drink coffie to long. lol
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? lookes just like the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a great coffie machine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Looks better then online