Being a senior, I prefer simple functionality to bells and whistles. So when my old Braun coffeemaker died, this Cuisinart seemed like a good compromise. And the quality of the coffee is good. But I really dislike the small opening for the water reservoir and the pronounced lip on the carafe. They necessitate my standing on tip-toes to fill the reservoir and still spilling water over the side. I decided to use a measuring cup to fill in the water, and that works much better. In addition, I can then measure the water exactly, which is very difficult to do when measuring it into the carafe. Overall, I wish I had heeded comments about filling the reservoir and perhaps looked at models at the store instead of just ordering online.
like this very much. Only drawback is if you pour too fast, the coffee over flows onto the counter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Had hard time finding a nice coffeemaker in white. This one is okay, but can be messy pouring the water in; carafe does not pour that great. Really wanted the cusinart model with a water resevoir tank to avoid the pouring but they are not available in white.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not exactly what I expected
Makes very good and hot coffee. However, next time I will get a black coffee maker because the white gets a slight discoloration from the coffee that doesn't remove easily.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
POOR! I have only had this coffeemaker for three months and it does not work. The brew button does not light up anymore and the face plate is all steamed up. The coffeemaker's heating plate is chipping and appears to be rusting. This is the first thing I have gotten from Overstock that I a very disappointed in and will return. This is a ver inferior product and not worth the money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. POOR! I have only had this coffeemaker for Three months and it does not work. The brew button does not light up anymore and the face plate is all steamed up. The coffeemaker's heating plate is chipping and appears to be rusting. This is the first thing I have gotten from Overstock that I a very disappointed in and will return. This is a ver inferior product and not worth the money!
This is a great coffee maker - just what I was looking for. I don't care for the filter system but I am using it without the filter and it works just fine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I ordered white and I got white!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I would have liked to know the coffee maker had a filter system.
Bought this for a wedding gift. I had to call and get their opinion. They say excellent and they love it. They would recommened it to a friend. When I have to buy myself a new coffeemaker, I will purchase this one upon their recommendation, if it is still in stock.
This is a great coffee maker. The coffee is very hot. Also, because of the slower drip, the coffee flavor is more intense. I love that it's programmable and each cup is good through the 2 hrs. it's on the warming tray. I highly recommend this coffee maker.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Totally!
Extremely happy with this coffeemaker. It is easy to use. Very easy to program. Makes great coffee. Looks good. I almost didn't buy this, because of one review about the hole being too small to pour water in, but the spout is so good it pours so accurately I didn't find this to be a problem at all!
We had just thrown out our Keurig that broke down within a year. This coffee maker is back to the whole pot of coffee but without the paper filter. I was happy to get rid of having to wash a pot when we first got the single cup. But with the single cup the vacuum packaging would blow grounds into the coffee and all over more often than not. This pot is great and does not spill water or coffee all over. It is sturdy and high quality. Coffee tastes so fresh, flavorful, and clean/ a big contrast to the single cup. So far so good. We get up early at 5am and 6am so the programmable feature has really been useful. We are really enjoying it.
I was looking for a coffee maker without a lot of bells and whistles, and was wary about the programmable feature at first, having some bad past experiences with them. But this machine is super easy to program, and makes a great cup of coffee. An exceptional feature is the "1-4" cup button, which heats the element higher so that smaller pots come out as good as a full one.
It's not easy to find a programable 12 cup "white" coffee maker, but this one is perfect! Makes a great cup of coffee and love using the timer....nothing like waking up to the wonderful aroma of hot coffee. I would thing this would make for a very nice gift idea too!
This machine makes a good cup of coffee and it is very easy to use. On the downside though, it is a little difficult to pour the water into the machine because of the small space allowed, and since I grind my own coffee, I seem to have a little difficulty getting the fresh ground coffee into the filter without making a mess. I do try and fill the filter outside of the machine, but it seems I always seem to get some fine grounds displaced inside the machine. I probably wouldn't notice this at all with the black model, but it is very noticeable with the white one. If you can get past the little bit of messiness that at least for me seems unavoidable, then I think you will love this machine. I also bought this for my 83 yr. old mother in law, who has some difficulties operating machines,etc... and this machine is perfect for her since I set it up for her and all she has to do is push the on button. I've yet to read about programming it, but I'm sure that will make it even easier for her.
I had a Black and Decker Thermos coffeemaker. Could not clean the top of the thermos -- water and coffee would drain in and would not drain out. Bought this Cuisinart (best price - thank you Overstock!) and months later, I love it! The option to program is the best feature -- enjoy having fresh coffee when I wake up in the morning. The gold filter means I don't have to purchase paper filters, the machine turns itself off after an hour or so, and a 12-cup pot of coffee tastes just as good as a 4-cup pot. I hope it has a long life because we make on average two pots of coffee daily.
So far, so good, it makes a great cup of coffee. Can't comment on the timer, because we haven't used that feature yet. Also, we only used the paper filters twice, and then just used the gold filter alone, which is all that's needed. My husband thinks the coffee comes out too hot, but our old one was way too tepid. I like the auto turn-off feature too, as we both forget to turn it off on occasion. It's a good coffee maker, lets hope it's just as reliable in the long term.