Got this for a great price. My husband loves this machine. We have had many good meals using it and clean up is very easy. Not sure if we're suppose to use the dishwasher on the removable pieces ( don't remember the instructions), but we do and it works great. I was so happy to find this on Overstock.com, had a hard time finding it in the stores.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I can barely fit this unit on my countertop, so it is too large for me. Every recipe I've tried so far (5) has made my food turn out too salty. All of the recipes were from the book. I've made chicken 3 times, but it never turns out as well as the grocery store chicken, and I don't know why. Each recipe calls for a different time and a different temp, and a different marinade. It is not real easy to get the chicken off the tower, and difficult to remove the skewers with a potholder. But, I do love that it is easy to clean! And, I plan to keep using it until I get that chicken right! If I don't, it will retreat to my storage room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? stainless steel is stainless steel
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality..hasn't melted yet, altho it gets very, very hot to the touch so I've burned myself a few times.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not so accurate....unit is very large, and barely fits under my cabinetry on my countertop.
Shipping was quick, as usual. Only used it a couple of times but performs great! Sleek, Stylish and compact as compared to my worn out Ronco product. All the bells and whistles. Takes up alot less space than my older rotisserie. Don' have alot of real estate for small appliances. Comes apart for easy cleaning. All parts fit into dishwasher. You can't beat a good rotisserie and I like the ability to adjust temp. My older model didn't have that. This model has timer so you can set it and walk away. The chime is loud when cooking is completed. I just didn't need the larger oven. Use it mostly for roasting chickens and pork loins. If you need to roast a large turkey or more than one chicken at a time, this isn't the model for you. All in all, very satisfied with this purchase and you couldn't beat the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well built, well thought out, easy to clean
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Looks good on the countertop. Will fit under cabinets. Cooks beautifully and is so quiet. My old horizontal rotisserie could be heard all over the house. Did a beautiful job on a turkey breast. Also did some items in the basket. Clean up is a breeze. Highly recommend!
This was given as a Valentine's gift, and boy did I make brownie points! I was also a "Set-It-And-Forget-It" owner, but tended not to use the darn thing because: a) of the mess involved in cleaning it, b) it was tucked away in a cabinet because it was an eyesore (my white appliance turned brown after the first use). Cuisinart has made a well designed product here - it looks nice, is easy to clean, is absolutely silent during operation, and has capacity for large items. And OMG the scrumptious food that has come out of it! We had the Lemon Dijon Herb Chicken last night, and even though I screwed up the recipe, the chicken still came out moister and tastier than anything that ever came out of it's predecessor! Tonight the seasoned pork chops were to die for. I can't wait to try all the recipes in the included booklet, and only hope that Cuisinart or some industrious chef will publish more! And as other reviewers commented, clean-up was a breeze. After only two uses, we already know this will become an integral part of our kitchen, displayed proudly, with 1000's of great meals to come! Remember, you get what you pay for!
I've been using this rotisserie for over a month now and I'm very impressed with it! It's easy to use and more importantly to me, very easy to clean! I've done the prerequisite chicken and pork roasts and the results were excellent. I've used the "showtime" product and, although it did a nice job on the meat, it was a BEAR to clean, making it less likely to be used. This CVR-1000 apparently had some serious thought put into it, in 5 minutes it's clean and ready for another use.
I did a fair amount of research before buying this Cuisinart rotisserie--and it definitely lives up to its reputation as high-quality, stylish, and easy-to-clean. In addition, I find the size perfect for a small family. It doesn't take up too much room, and it's lighter weight than most, so moving it around is not a problem. My husband was thrilled with the cooking results, especially the ease of cleanup. Quality craftsmanship--all the implements that touch the food are stainless steel (no worry about flaking teflon) and the upright positioning of the rotisserie requires less trussing of the bird. It doesn't make a lot of noise; the inside light is a nice fun option for looking at your results; and the surface doesn't get blazing hot--we just set the rotisserie on our kitchen table to use it.
I reallly like this machine. I am still using this for the first time on many items. The chicken was good. It is very easy to use the rotesirie and cleaning was so easy. I will not return this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is avery well made and great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site descibes this very well.
This product is everything the manufacturer says it is. I have used it twice since receiving it with stellar results.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Stainless steel is stainless steel
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Far above average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I have always enjoyed rotisserie style food and had put much research into finding the perfect rotisserie. The Cuisinart CVR-1000 exceeded my expectations. So far everything I have cooked from whole chickens to prime rib roast have turned out tender and delicious. I am more than pleased with my purchase and highly recommend this to anyone in search of the perfect cooking tool.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was excatly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The best quality I have come accross ever
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description
I prepared a rotisserie chicken using a recipe from the book provided with the unit. It was delicious! The chicken was moist and tender and it only took an hour and a half to cook. I had expected it to take much longer. I used to have the "Set it and Forget it" Rotisserie, and this one is superior by far! Clean up was easy - it was only a matter or wiping the inside down with a soapy sponge, and the rest went in the dishwasher.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate Description
we were trying to find a replacement for our old rotisserie and could not find the same one but did finally find this one. It is much larger then our original one, but it does cook chicken and keep it just as moist as the original one. Would have really liked a smaller one but this is a very good product.
I love this thing! I bought it on a whim and have been very pleased by how quickly it cooks and doesn't warm up the entire room. I have made several roasts in it, as well as various vegetables and pork ribs and all have turned out very well. It's very easy to clean as well...I just toss any parts used into the dishwasher and it's done. I am very pleased with it.
I did a lot of research before making this purchase. This is an amazing machine and it works exactly as it was designed to. It works really well for the summer time too, because it doesn't heat up the whole house. It cleans up great and the food is absolutely nummy. I would definitely recommend this rotisserie to friends and family.
I love this product. Before purchasing I read the reviews and many people commented on how easy it is to clean-- and they were spot on! I have already made several delicious recipes and have recommended this product to my family and friends.
Got this for my husbands birthday gift.We LOVE IT! Everything that we have made in it s far.is extra ordinary,and beautiful,easy to use and clean.A bit pricy,but Im sure you could by crappy stuff for the same amount of money.BUT,like I said ,way way way worth it!!!! If you have been thinking about getting one of these? Do it,you owill NOT be sorry!Its one of the rare kitchen appliances that will not gater dus...
We've used this product 3 times since it came in. We love it. We've cook 2 whole chickens and chicken breasts. Each time the meat was crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. We haven't mastered any recipes but we are working on it. Clean up is a breeze. I would recommend this unit for anyone that is looking for an easy and healthy way to cook rotisserie chicken or other meats.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture is a good representation of the unit.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on.