I love the pan because it's oblong rather than the deep pan some breadmakers have. It bakes beautifully. The only thing I find negative is the fact that it's hard to read the dials. We had to get a flashlight and then it was difficult. I'm sure as I use it more I will become familiar with the readouts.
This is the second Cuisinart CBK-100 Programmable Breadmaker that I have owned. The wide range of programming for different load styles is excellent and produces consistently high quality breads. My only concern is that the bread pail will fail as in the past. Previously, the gasket aground the paddle shaft has leaked oil after a few months of use. Let's hope the problem has been resolved in this model.
At first I was going to write a poor review. This is the second bread machine I have owned. So I thought I could adapt easily to this machine. I went out and brought all fresh stuff. The three loaves were horrible and I threw then out. Too dense of a loaf. Of course I started with the hardest loaves to make Whole Wheat. They tasted good but were dense and then I tried the Oatmeal bread from the recipe book that was given with the machine and it started out as a complete flop as none of the ingredients mixed well Like there wasn't enough water. So I added more water, thinking the manual wasn't written well. This loaf tasted good but still too dense. Then I thought I try a simpler recipe So I made the basic white bread. It came out good but the loaf fell in. But the bread tasted good. So overall I think the bread machine is well made but I think the recipes are poorly written, as I haven't had a loaf turn out perfect. My old machine I never had a problem.. But with this machine it is problem after problem. I cannot see the display as it is poorly designed. If I brought this in a store I would have returned it. I will struggle through with it and hopefully I will eventually learn to make a good loaf of bread out of this machine.
I would have normally checked off 4 stars because it isn't stainless steel. I love the signal when it's time to put in raisin's, nuts, etc. My old breadmaker didn't have this feature, therefore these that were added disappeared to very small pieces that you couldn't see or taste. I also love the signal when you can pull out the paddle, ergo no big hole at the bottom of the bread. The shape of the pan is horizontal which is more like a regular size loaf of bread. My husband just told me that the bread I made yesterday was dleicious. Three year warranty is also an important factor. Overstock had the best price as they usually do!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Should have said "Painted on Silver"
Have had for a year and while I haven't used it often, so glad I got it. Works well and the recipes included seem good. I just need help with the gluten free option as when I tried it, the bread was horrible. I bought it due to not being able to eat wheat, so will have to continue looking for recipes and practicing.
This is the first breadmaker I have ever had that actually works. Tried two before and gave up. This is great and perfect size loaves for two people - also make large loaves. The recipe book is great! Love the Granola recipe for bread. Yum.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice and dependable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I love it. It is very easy to use and the loaves are nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looks silver on the internet, but it is gray
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
My husband made French bread to go with pulled BBQ pork for his brother's family in from out of time. All they talked about all through dinner was the great bread! No kidding. He made pizza dough for us. It was good if you like a thicker crust. I prefer thinner crust but it still was good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far I would say the quality is excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I love this bread machine! The bread came out perfectly and I didn't use bread flour or special yeast. Just followed the directions and a few hours later we were treated to a wonderful slice of fresh home baked bread. Easy to use. It does use a lot of beeps for various warnings or alerts. Wish I could turn those off or down, but I think I'll get used to ignoring them.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not as big as the old models of Bread machines.